PDA

View Full Version : Break the Addiction

Chris Mazda
06-05-2006, 10:15 AM
Anybody watching this shit on mtv? I love there solutions to solve global warming. One was to use bio diesel. yeah thats a great idea except unless you drive a mercedes, 18 wheeler, or certain pick up truck you cant use diesel. I wonder if a bunch of dumbass kids watching this are going to go buy diesel for their civics and wonder why it wont run anymore. Ofcourse their refering to Al Gore's overexageated "documentary" an inconvenient truth

Rican219
06-05-2006, 10:16 AM
:doh:

babygurl
06-05-2006, 10:18 AM
you never know! People have done some stupid stuff!

civic95
06-05-2006, 11:02 AM
One was to use bio diesel.

Yeah what do you think would happen if we all switched to this? It would be $5+ a gallon. There is a lot of technology out there to help wean us off regular gasoline, they just have to figure out how to charge us for it. If we use hydrogen, they will charge us the same amount for it. If we switch to electric, they will find a way to charge us more for it per kilowatt than they charge us for use in our homes.

Thats the easy part. Whats holding us back is the individuals that make billions off gasoline, want to also make billions off the next energy source too.

EX: If we switched to all electric, the electrical companies will be making all the money (the gasoline execs will never let that happen). As long as they have as much political power as they do now, we will be stuck using gas.

{X}Echo419
06-05-2006, 11:05 AM
:rant: lets say man is causing "Global Warming"(never mind the Sun. the 1 source of EVERY FUCKING THING ON THE PLANET! is burning hotter than ever) trying to solve th problem by reducing automoblie emissions would be like trying to put out a house fire by extugishing a burning pillow on the couch. the China & India ae burning more fossil fuels(coal in particular) like oil at record rates with ZERO regulation!
yeah that's it. tell me I'm a horriable person for not driving a Prius and ignore the 2 billion+ people doing whatever the fuck they want! :blah: :bigok:

Chris Mazda
06-05-2006, 08:18 PM
Yeah what do you think would happen if we all switched to this? It would be $5+ a gallon. There is a lot of technology out there to help wean us off regular gasoline, they just have to figure out how to charge us for it. If we use hydrogen, they will charge us the same amount for it. If we switch to electric, they will find a way to charge us more for it per kilowatt than they charge us for use in our homes.

Thats the easy part. Whats holding us back is the individuals that make billions off gasoline, want to also make billions off the next energy source too.

EX: If we switched to all electric, the electrical companies will be making all the money (the gasoline execs will never let that happen). As long as they have as much political power as they do now, we will be stuck using gas.

:rant: lets say man is causing "Global Warming"(never mind the Sun. the 1 source of EVERY FUCKING THING ON THE PLANET! is burning hotter than ever) trying to solve th problem by reducing automoblie emissions would be like trying to put out a house fire by extugishing a burning pillow on the couch. the China & India ae burning more fossil fuels(coal in particular) like oil at record rates with ZERO regulation!
yeah that's it. tell me I'm a horriable person for not driving a Prius and ignore the 2 billion+ people doing whatever the fuck they want! :blah: :bigok:

Hey both of you I was making fun of the stupid ideas they had that had no releavance in the real world. I was making a comment on how stupid the show is not that I support their ideas on the show.

civic95
06-05-2006, 08:26 PM
Hey both of you I was making fun of the stupid ideas they had that had no releavance in the real world. I was making a comment on how stupid the show is not that I support their ideas on the show.

yeah I was agreeing with you

Chris Mazda
06-05-2006, 08:38 PM
yeah I was agreeing with you

my bad

{X}Echo419
06-06-2006, 07:59 AM

I know I wasn't getting pissed @you. just ranting :D