PDA

View Full Version : Anyone ever get a ticket for burning out?

bigb996
05-07-2005, 12:18 PM
I was with some friends last night and i was riding in 1 car and my friend was riding in the other car. We all went over to this warehouse nad did 1 burnout of which the cops said they heard and did not see. Anywayz we basically admitted to it because its not worth the battle. However we all got disorderly conduct tickets which pissed me off because i was just riding. Anyone ever get a ticket like this? I am curious how much they cost and what the penalty is.

HyPer50
05-07-2005, 12:54 PM
I've never got a ticket for burning out, I've got a ticket for "laying drag" when I did a u-turn i floored it and fishtailed all over the place. Disorderly conduct doesn't sound like anything serious, I wouldnt worry too much bout it.

speedracer41
05-07-2005, 01:28 PM
It is mainly just a revenue thing for the city. Don't worry about it. How is your record?

bigb996
05-07-2005, 02:29 PM
my record is clean man. never done anything not even gotten a speeding ticket by luck haha....i have heard this is a minor offense especially since i was just riding. I was told by a friend maybee 50.00 fine? and some community service.

Cliff
05-07-2005, 11:16 PM
i got 2 tickets for doin a burnout in my dakota one was wreckless driving one was laying drag.....be glad you got off with disorderly...the cop made my mom come get my truck and drive it home and he personally delivered my license to the judge...

bigb996
05-07-2005, 11:43 PM
yea but it wasnt disorderly conduct IMO that is usually attempting to cause violence or being violent stuff. I figured laying drag would make more sense. Even though why am i liable for my friends actions?

Streetking322
05-07-2005, 11:50 PM
Did you get a court date? Pled not guilty. They will give you another court date, this time the cop will be there. Ask the cop to present his evidence, he wont have any. Ask the cop to please show the video off his "COP CAM", he wont have one. Turn to the judge and say if there's no evidence the cop cant prove me guilty. Because the cop heard tires screech he cant convict you we have tools now adays so cops cant lie. THAT WHY OUR TAX MONEY GOES TO BUY COPS DAMN TOYS TO PROVE US GUILTY. The judge should throw it out. GL bro...

Cliff
05-07-2005, 11:52 PM
disorderly conduct is any actin a fool....and layin drag is a much worse ticket

SLOWR/T
05-08-2005, 12:25 AM
i have 3 point on my record for laying drag

Code3
05-08-2005, 10:29 AM
Did you get a court date? Pled not guilty. They will give you another court date, this time the cop will be there. Ask the cop to present his evidence, he wont have any. Ask the cop to please show the video off his "COP CAM", he wont have one. Turn to the judge and say if there's no evidence the cop cant prove me guilty. Because the cop heard tires screech he cant convict you we have tools now adays so cops cant lie. THAT WHY OUR TAX MONEY GOES TO BUY COPS DAMN TOYS TO PROVE US GUILTY. The judge should throw it out. GL bro...

what he said.

RISKYB
05-08-2005, 11:47 AM
i got busted in gainesville one night "laying drag"(217 feet worth) and my fine was 17.00 a foot and four new tires, but disorderly is a misdemenor you shouldnt have anything to worry about, you can always use the first affender route and get a lightened punishment

chrisdavis
05-08-2005, 01:41 PM
i got busted in gainesville one night "laying drag"(217 feet worth) and my fine was 17.00 a foot and four new tires, but disorderly is a misdemenor you shouldnt have anything to worry about, you can always use the first affender route and get a lightened punishment

First offender is for felonies not misdemeanors. Disorderly conduct is nothing to worry about. Go in plead not guilty and explain that you were only a passenger and hope for the best.

NOTSOJDM
05-08-2005, 03:46 PM
I got a ticket for doing an ebrake slide, it was 70 bucks or so

HyPer50
05-08-2005, 04:06 PM
Laying drag is the lesser charge for reckless driving from what I was told. It was still about a $200 ticket for me.

bigb996
05-08-2005, 04:37 PM
Well this is what happened i was riding my friends started driving like nuts and he was peelin out for like a minute maybee. Then we went aroudn to the other side of the parking lot and were just sitting there talking. Then the cops came and made us give all information. Then they gave each of us an interview. He asked me what we were doing there and i told him i was there to just film the 2 cars for a movie (because they are both ITRs) i am making which is true and i did not intend on filming burnouts and i didnt even film anything. Then he said thats not what your buddy told me. Your buddy told me you are hear to burnout. So basically i was like well....yea thats wha......and then he cut me off and said ok you can go back to the car. SO i was like wtf?! then he interviewed my other 2 friends and they just said they were there to hang out. I really am having trouble understanding why i got a ticket. I dont want to waste my time in court, and its a pointless fine that im paying, and on top of that i will probably get some kind of sentence. I dunno it just pisses me off. The officer also said you all must come to court or you will get a worse sentence even possible jail. Plus he told us they have our interviews on camer and htat they have what we said. So technically i admitted to them laying drag and i am guilty i guess.

HyPer50
05-08-2005, 04:44 PM
Your friend straight out said you were there to do burnouts? I think he'd be finding a new group to hang out with from now on. Thats almost as dumb as one of my friends friends telling the cop when he got pulled over "Ya, we were just smokin' some weed, if you want you can come to my house and see the pipe".... Needless to say, that kid got his ass beat and is hanging out with a different group now.

KGsITR
05-08-2005, 05:04 PM
well, problem being, isnt this a criminal offense?
interviews are on camera.

chrisdavis
05-08-2005, 06:57 PM
Well this is what happened i was riding my friends started driving like nuts and he was peelin out for like a minute maybee. Then we went aroudn to the other side of the parking lot and were just sitting there talking. Then the cops came and made us give all information. Then they gave each of us an interview. He asked me what we were doing there and i told him i was there to just film the 2 cars for a movie (because they are both ITRs) i am making which is true and i did not intend on filming burnouts and i didnt even film anything. Then he said thats not what your buddy told me. Your buddy told me you are hear to burnout. So basically i was like well....yea thats wha......and then he cut me off and said ok you can go back to the car. SO i was like wtf?! then he interviewed my other 2 friends and they just said they were there to hang out. I really am having trouble understanding why i got a ticket. I dont want to waste my time in court, and its a pointless fine that im paying, and on top of that i will probably get some kind of sentence. I dunno it just pisses me off. The officer also said you all must come to court or you will get a worse sentence even possible jail. Plus he told us they have our interviews on camer and htat they have what we said. So technically i admitted to them laying drag and i am guilty i guess.

Upon further review of your story, I say pay the fine. Your friend told them why you were there, you tried to skirt the truth and you got caught. You willingly took part in the events and you got a ticket for doing so. Disorderly conduct is a nothing charge, you will waste more time and money trying to get out of it than you will by just paying it.

HyPer50
05-08-2005, 07:01 PM
I'd make the big mouth friend pay the fine.

bigb996
05-08-2005, 09:45 PM
well i was rather pissed only thing is i dont rat out my friends.....I was just gonna go to court say yes i participated in riding while he did it although i was unaware it was goingt o happen. Pay the fine and i guess take the penatly?

KGsITR
05-08-2005, 10:19 PM
well i was rather pissed only thing is i dont rat out my friends.....

:goodjob: :goodjob: :goodjob:

edited... maybee i shouldnt say that on here

Cliff
05-08-2005, 10:24 PM
go to court...ask to have council or somthing along those lines...when he asks if you pleas guilty not guilty or no lo just simply explain you are pleading guilty or not guilty but would like to discuss it...somthin to that effect....then give the judge your side of the story to what happened and why you were there...if he chooses to fine you, sentence you, dismiss you just take it like a man....but it can't hurt to clear it up....i had my tickets for wreckless driving and laying drag...the judge asked me how i plead and i said i pleaded guilty to the laying drag charge and not guilty to wreckless driving...he asked for my side of the story...i explained that i did do a burnout and i accepted that ticket....then on the wreckless i explained to him the ticket said i did donuts which was not the case and explained to him in detail exactly what took place and that i had witnesses to this and he dismissed the charge and i ended up paying just a couple hundred bucks for the ticket and court fees and he gave me my license back....

KGsITR
05-08-2005, 10:31 PM
yea....well what am i pleading guilty to though? lol i cant figure that out

Cliff
05-08-2005, 10:42 PM
you have to plead one way or another...if you stand there and waste the judge and the courts time it will piss them off more...when he is goin around the rooming getting pleas do not waste his time then...wait until he asks you to approach the bench if you feel you have somthing to say...believe me i have spent too much time in too many different courtrooms and they all work the same....i have watched many people piss off judges by lieing and trying to conceal stuff that's just not worth it

bigb996
05-09-2005, 08:51 AM
so just plea guilty to whatever it is? that makes them happier?

flysi00
05-09-2005, 10:48 AM
damn thats why god gave u 2 legs for u should have tooken off runing brain lol j/p i would plead not guilty and tell him your story then go from there

PS: KGsITR my girl gots a ITR (99ITRGIRL)

bigb996
05-09-2005, 11:21 AM
haha i wish i had run the funny thing is kgs was peein in the bushes right when they pulled up hahaa.......least he didnt get indecent exposure...

flysi00
05-09-2005, 11:56 AM
^^^^^lol HAHAHAHAHA

Kristi
05-09-2005, 02:49 PM
my friend got a wreckless driving ticket for doing burnouts in a walmart parking lot one night. he ended up losing his license for it. it was a few years ago

bigb996
05-09-2005, 03:54 PM
well i called its not a cheap ticket. 275.00 to be exact thats a sh*T load of cash for not contributing to anything. Its like me just taking the cash and shoving it in someones ass. I think they gave us all disorderly because they couldnt get us for anything else. We were on private property so laying drag was not an option. This just sux though. I dont even have that money.

bigb996
05-10-2005, 10:00 PM
well i have been told to plea no-lo anyone familiar with what this is? i am not 100% sure.

KGsITR
05-10-2005, 11:41 PM
haha i wish i had run the funny thing is kgs was peein in the bushes right when they pulled up hahaa.......least he didnt get indecent exposure...

haha. u had to bring that up

HyPer50
05-11-2005, 12:13 AM
well i have been told to plea no-lo anyone familiar with what this is? i am not 100% sure.

No lo is basically pleading guilty, except you'll recieve no points against your license/insurance, so basically you just have to pay the fine... And it can only be used once every 4 years or somethin' like that. Or atleast thats how I understood it, someone please correct me if I'm wrong.