PDA

View Full Version : Misc Garbage!!!!!!

Accordjunky95
06-04-2006, 09:21 PM
I just saw High Tension. I thought some parts were awesome. If you are into gore this is totally a movie made for you, but what the hell was with the ending. I was sitting there just totally lost. I know that something about this movie was posted on the forums, but i can't find it.

ShooterMcGavin
06-04-2006, 10:01 PM
remind me what this movies about again?

Accordjunky95
06-05-2006, 06:39 AM
Here is the synopsis about it:

Like the most effective additions to the genre, HIGH TENSION's plot is elemental, and simply serves as a springboard for Aja to deliver lashes of blood and guts. Alex (Maiwenn Le Besco) and Marie (Cecile De France) are two teenage girls who head out to Alex's family home in the French countryside. Once there, their idyllic and peaceful time is abruptly disturbed when a maniac breaks into the house and butchers Alex's parents. The shadowy figure captures Alex and throws her into his van, while Marie escapes and sneaks into the vehicle in order to save her friend. By affording very little screen time to the unhinged protagonist who attacks the family, Aja creates a genuinely scary villain, recalling Wes Craven's treatment of Freddy Krueger in the first NIGHTMARE ON ELM STREET movie. While the violence is explicit and the girls fit perfectly into their roles, Aja prevents the film from lapsing into parody by packing a mind-bending twist into the plot. A valuable and fun addition to the canon of slasher films, HIGH TENSION shows there is still plenty of life left in the genre.

ShooterMcGavin
06-05-2006, 08:03 AM
hmmm sounds interesting enough for me to maybe see sometime.