PDA

View Full Version : Only IN GA!!!!

Boneswiss
05-07-2005, 12:10 AM
Student Suspended for Call to Mom in Iraq

COLUMBUS, Ga. (AP) - A high school student was suspended for 10 days for refusing to end a mobile phone call with his mother, a soldier serving in Iraq, school officials said.

The 10-day suspension was issued because Kevin Francois was ``defiant and disorderly'' and was imposed in lieu of an arrest, Spencer High School assistant principal Alfred Parham said.

The confrontation Wednesday began after the 17-year-old junior got a call at lunchtime from his mother, Sgt. 1st Class Monique Bates, who left in January for a one-year tour with the 203rd Forward Support Battalion.

Mobile phones are allowed on campus but may not be used during school hours. When a teacher told him to hang up, he refused. He said he told the teacher, ``This is my mom in Iraq. I'm not about to hang up on my mom.''

Parham said the teen's suspension was based on his reaction to the teacher's request. He said the teen used profanity when taken to the office.

``Kevin got defiant and disorderly,'' Parham said. ``When a kid becomes out of control like that they can either be arrested or suspended for 10 days. Now being that his mother is in Iraq, we're not trying to cause her any undue hardship; he was suspended for 10 days.''

green91
05-08-2005, 12:14 AM
fuck the school. thats rediculous

Julio
05-08-2005, 08:51 AM
He was still beeing disrespectful.

Z33_kid
05-08-2005, 10:16 AM
man but still i would of done same as him cuz man ur mom all the way in iraq an u gotta hang up or they take ur phone thats bull skool system is bull

absolude
05-08-2005, 02:39 PM
I would have done the same, maybe minus the profanity because of the teachers and what not, but I would not have ended the convo. The school should consider that. That is ridiculous though...

Julio
05-08-2005, 04:51 PM
rules are rules...

Tasuki_Civic
05-08-2005, 07:02 PM
bullshit rules are rules................fuck that i would have done the same thing.

Sthrnba711
05-08-2005, 09:34 PM
I would have done the same thing, but the kid was not acting the way he should have toward the teacher. He mouthed off and probably a couple of other things, plus this kid had already had dicipline problems before at the school a few times.

SaraX5
05-08-2005, 09:50 PM
bullshit rules are rules................fuck that i would have done the same thing.
i agree

Cliff
05-08-2005, 10:17 PM
they also said at no point did he say it was his mother in iraq on the other line all he said was it was an important phone call and started mouthing off.....if it is that important he should have told him who it was on the phone, why it was important and kept his cool about it....but they made the suspension 3 days instead of 10 so it's not like the school is saying oh well screw it...once he chilled out and explained himself they reconsidered.....

Jaimecbr900
05-09-2005, 10:27 AM
they also said at no point did he say it was his mother in iraq on the other line all he said was it was an important phone call and started mouthing off.....if it is that important he should have told him who it was on the phone, why it was important and kept his cool about it....but they made the suspension 3 days instead of 10 so it's not like the school is saying oh well screw it...once he chilled out and explained himself they reconsidered.....

It's sad, but the school seems to have made the right choice then. I highly doubt that the teacher would've been that big of a jerk if he'd told her from the beginning that situation. Besides, what he should've done is gone into the bathroom and acted like he was pinching a loaf. Nobody would've gone looking for him there..... ;)

B16a2 Civic
05-09-2005, 10:32 AM
Lol, i went to this school....aww the good ol days of the fucked up administration there...

green91
05-09-2005, 11:05 AM
I'm sorry but if i was having a conversation with my mom that could potentially be hte last time i ever got to talk to her, the school could kiss my ass. Rules are ok for normal circumstances... but im with the dude on this one. Although i agree that he should not have been so dis-respectful to the teacher.. but i would not have gotten off the phone

Julio
05-09-2005, 03:47 PM
I wouldve smack him If I was the teacher... hahahaha j/k... I beleive he never said he was talking to his mom before he started mouthing off..

EDIT, just saw the other thread

B16a2 Civic
05-09-2005, 03:55 PM
oh yeah, most of teh teachers there are cool, if he would have explained, then he would have been able to continue to talk to his mom, but there some bad ass kids at that school, most thinkin they gangsta's and shit, i dun kno the kid personally but he probably said shit he wasn't suppose to