PDA

View Full Version : POST REDLINE INVITATIONAL FEEDBACK

J MAN
06-03-2006, 06:25 PM
Man! I just got home & took a shower. I thought I would start another thread for feedback on the Show. Yes this means I am opening the door for what ever may come.
I will have the first word & then you can chime in.
All I ask is that if you have a personal complaint about me or any staff member on the Import side of the show that you make your clain & then take it to the Private message board.
Constructive Critisisim is welcomed and respected. Personal insults are not.

I think the Import Side of the Show came off very well.
Here is how I broke the Show down with ratings & explanations.

Import Judging Score____________9

The Judging appeared to be fair and ballanced & they took intrest in each car.
I personally walked the lot all day asking the Import guys if they were happy & I all most got out with out one complaint on the Import Judging untill 5 min before I was leaving & I listened to a complaint that was Minor but I respected him & what he had to say. Jason Ball & his Crew from World Insight turned out to be a blessing. If I had the same people that Judged the American side of the Show judge the imports, It could have been a desaster.
Thanks Jason.

Import Classes_____________________7

I think we pulled it off this time but we will need to increase the number of Import Classes next time & add Domestic Sport Compact Car & Truck to our side.

Import Audio/Video Judging score_______8

I think that most people were prepaired for a Desible Contest & were dissapointed when they realized it was based on Quality of Install, Sound, & flow with car.
If you were not at your car when they came by it was hard to judge anything except that it looked nice. That happened a lot.
We need to improve the format on how & when the Judging is done. I dont feel that their was anything wrong with the Judges or the way they Judged. I think we just need to improve our way of getting the job done so that every person judged feels they understand what is expected.

Import Parking Score___________7

Things worked out but I had a lot of trouble keeping my Parking Team fucused on doin their job. Waiting for Teams to show up late did not cause that much of a problem but I did have to ask a few people to move & that is noot good.
Parking Team must do a better job of working together & that is my responcability.

Dyno Runs Score______________9

Knowledge performance did a fantastic Job & if you did not get your car done that day & wanted to, they will honor the $35.00 fee for Two Wheel drive & $50.00 for All Wheel Drive cars for the next few weeks. Contact Kevin at Knowledge Performance. www.knowledgeperformance.net (http://www.knowledgeperformance.net)

Import Vendors Score__________9.5

I felt every vendor that was there did an outstanding job & I hope to see them again.

Pool Tournament______________5

Only 4 teams played in the Tournament. I thought it would be much bigger.
The guys that played were great sports about it & we pulled it off.
I will have to rethink that one next time.

Door Prizes & PA System_________7

We had great gifts from all the vendors. We had a hard time giving them away. People could not here their numbers called out & It was hard to keep up with announcements because of that.
We have to do a better job with this.

Dave & Busters______________10

With waitress's walking throughout the parking lot taking orders & bringing it to you, that was unheard of.
The Dave & Busters facility was perfect.

Overall Import Show Score___________7.7

The Ugly Side.

American Judging_____________2

That is being generous. The disrespect he had for the American Sport Compact cars & his verbal abuse of their cars was unexceptable.
This was an International Certified Judge who conducted himself in a manor that stunned me and embarassed me.
For anyone who had an American Sport Compac Car or Truck, My appoligies and regret for this mannor is not enough.

To Team Elite & International Allstars.
I gave Team Elite a special gift that I called the Class of the Show Award.
It was 4 Tickets to the Braves Game with parking Passes.
Why did I do this.
After Talking to them & hearing what the American Judge had Said & how he treated them. They did not Cuss me out, they did not leave, they did not start any trouble, & they showed me what Class is all about.

This was not sucking up. It was respect for a Class organization.

Their Cars were the Class of the Show along with Team Allstars & Team FX

They were not the only ones that were mistreated but it struck me that they were receptive to me & my take on the situation.
This is not a case of improving. This is a case of never happening again.
This Judge will never be a part of anything that I promote or Run ever again.

American Classes & Awards_________4

Having 1 Award for each American Class was unexceptable. Because I had never handled an American Show I trusted the people that were running that side of it & for that I Failed.
There were Trophies that were not given out because there were no cars for them. Elite, International Allstars, & Team FZ did express concern for the Classes but I ignored their warnnings & the Show Suffered for it.
Lession Learned.

American Parking___________6

Everything worked out but the volunteers for the American side were late or did not show up. I had to use my people to help.

American Turnout__________4

I counted on my partner to take care of the American Turnout & I believe I got as many American Autos as he did.
I fulley expected that the American Side would be twice the size on the Import Side.
Thanks to Import Atlanta we had a good number of American Autos & Trucks come that were tied to the Sport Compack Scene.

Overall American Side of Show__________4

Overall Score for the Show________7

Ok, now its your turn.
I dont expect that you will see it as I did but I do want to know how you saw it.

Thank you for all that came & I look forward to working with you in the future.

J Man

Brett
06-03-2006, 10:11 PM
I for one was happy with the show over all. The import judges were great. The guy who did my car personally was at my car for close to 10 minutes and had me tell him everything about each part of the car. He asked me questions and then took about 7 minutes checking for dirt, feeling the paint, etc... Judges for imports was great.

American Sport Compact... You said all I would say and I saw and heard first hand the way that judge conducted business and I know you were not happy with it and we know that wasnt your fault, I know not to see some people place was suprising, But you sat and listened to the people who had a concern and for that I know they all appreciate that.

I agree, next year the Sport Compact American cars should be judged by the import judges, because American or Domestic, If they are in the Sport Compact side of things, its all the same parts and shit to look for ya know? :D

One last thing I think people dont like, and people DID take notice to, was the team throwing the show placing and taking best team. That is something you dont see normally. If a team is throwing the show, they shouldnt be in the show to compete at the same time, even though you werent the ones judging, you had outside judges, But just as a tip, Most people who show leave with a sour taste in thier mouths when that happens.

Other from the American Judge issue which you already spoke of, and the one small thing of the team throwing the show actually showing also I have no compalints. I thought the show ran very smooth, With the amount of cars there it ended pretty much on time and the people running the show came around many times to check on us to make sure we were happy, was a class act. So over all I give the show a 8, and I dount see any reason you wont get full support next year :)

rollininstyle2004
06-03-2006, 10:33 PM
First off thanks for the shout out to FX (as well as Elite and AllStars).

I agree with you for the most part on everything you said. I personally liked the Import Judge a lot. Just like Brett said with the questions and everything so that was great.

As far as the Import Classes go, i think it is hard to break down classes by soley make or type of car (i.e. Sedan, coupe, etc.). It didnt seem to present TOO much of a problem at this show however i think it can be done differently. For example at most shows there is a mild, conservative, and wild. Or at least just a mild and wild. This makes it easier for the people who want to show, but dont have $10k+ in thier car. Today everyone with an import coupe was thrown into the same class whether you had $15k on mods, or $1000. While it was good to have it broken down, it makes it hard for people that would be in Mild to get excited about a show in which there are MANY other cars out of thier league. Now like i dont think this was too much of a problem today, but it may be something to consider for future shows.

Audio Video. I was told like you said that it was based on Sound Quality/Clarity, Install, and Flow with the car. I was right next to my car when the judge came over and they did NOT listen or even ask to listen to the car. If the awards were based just on install and flow with the car that is fine, but it was advertised that the actual sound would have an effect on the score, which as far as i saw didnt. Overall though i think having the AV on the side was a good addition, so im not really complaining.

I honestly didnt even know there were door prizes...so cant really comment on that.

As far as the Domestic side goes, you pretty much summed it up. Im glad i had an import though. It wasnt your fault though, he was a nationally ranked judge and what happened as something you should not have even had to consider as a problem before hand. I did hear him say however that if anyone had a problem with his judging that they could call his office, so it might be worth a phone call to let his company know how he treated some people today.

I also agree with what Brett said. The team putting on the show should not be allowed to compete. Even though you didnt judge the cars seeing a team throw a show then give the awards to themselves isnt the best image in my honest opinion.

Overall though i think the show turned out great and i will gladly attend any future shows you guys host. So goodjob :goodjob:

JayKnight
06-03-2006, 10:45 PM
I agree with Brett. The show went smooth, from what I saw. I did not get over to the American side to see what was going on over there. It sucks that the Judge was acting like he was, and even tho I did not see it, I still think it was prett bad.

The import judges were totally cool, they spent more time talking to the car owners and getting to know more about the cars. Most shows I have been to, the people judging would not let you tell them about anything, and if anyone tried they would get points taken away for distracting. THe way your guys did it was very professional and fair. One thing I would have changed for the judging would be....keep the jusges more on track of the cars. I saw judges looking for cars in the same class (hard to do when cars are not grouped together. Too make it easier give the judges a blank score sheet and send them up one aisle and down another (going car to car to car). THis will save time and confusion.

J-Man you are an extremely nice guy and so are the other members of REDLINE. You were all very outgoing and know how to make people feel at ease and welcome. I will come and support you guys as much as I can. You have a great crew and I look forward to attending more of your events.

I will give the show an 8. Noone is perfect, but you guys were damn close. JOB WELL DONE !!!

ShooterMcGavin
06-04-2006, 12:20 AM
everyone's really already said all that can be said although i do like rollininstyle's suggestion of maybe putting in classes based on mild/wild and such. had fun in the pool tournament (even though there were 4 teams and i didn't win) and having someone come out to do dyno pulls was a great idea. d&b i think served as a great setting for this show and i think u'll have continued support in the future if u keep the good things the way they are and work on the suggestions u urself saw and others pointed out. :goodjob:

carbongs
06-04-2006, 08:16 AM
ditto, ditto, ditto! great job guys! can't wait to see you all at other events and hopefully support next year. great job for a first time.

quickdodgeŽ
06-04-2006, 08:50 AM
I thought I would start another thread for feedback on the Show.

All in all, it sounds like the show wasn't too bad. Only problem I see is this is actually in the wrong section. Lolol. I wanted to come out, but was too busy. Later, QD.

coolZero
06-04-2006, 11:32 AM
I had just one complaint I thought the Domestic Judge needed glasses. lol

CHADbee
06-04-2006, 02:33 PM
damn it...i knew i should have came out.

J MAN
06-04-2006, 07:33 PM
I was about to send Jason Ball a private message & then I decided to make it public.

Jason Ball & his team from World Insight Handled the Judging for the Import side of the show.
Jason was outstanding in every aspect.
I think Jason & World Insight saved the day.
Jason had offered to help with the Judging 6 weeks ago & I told him we had it covered & that we would not need him.
Jason was concerned that the Imports needed to get their proper respect & time during the judging & he wanted to help.

Two weeks before the Show, I was informed that the person Judging the Import side of the show would not be able to come.
I sent Jason a PM asking him if he would be able to help us.
I did not know him & had never heard of him.
He replied back & said he would come & do the show.
I asked him what his fee was & he said nothing.
I asked him where he lived & he said Columbus Ga.

Well I could not let him come from Columbus, Judge the Show, & drive back home for nothing.
Needless to say we took care of him & we are eternally greatfull. I will be sending Jason & World Insight an apretiation Gigt this week because I feel that what I gave him for what we got did not balance out.

If I would have ended up with the people that judged the American Autos, we could of had a desaster.

There is no way to make everyone happy when judging a car show, but Jason came very close.

Every Show has an untold story that was a key reason that it went good or bad.

Jason Ball & World Insight is the real story behind the success of this Show.

Thank you very much.

J Man

blacknight03
06-05-2006, 12:44 AM
I just though it was funny when the domestic judge told me my S-10 Xtreme was very clean and well done by my dad pretty much stock SSR was extremely well done and very clean, and he told me my dad has done an extremely good job of teaching me "how to clean a car" all my dad did was buy the truck...I CLEAN IT!!! LOL

JASONBALL
06-05-2006, 12:46 AM
well Jay I really appreciate the thanks for judging. It was a pleasure to come out and work with a great crew. I have gone to alot of shows last year and this year. Always said "you know if I was the judge that car or this car would have done different." Well you gave me that oppurtunity and I thank you for that. My club is also very impressed with Redline auto. And will be supporting any future shows or event that you might have. I personally think that all that came home with trophies were the correct ones. I'm very relieved that I didn't have people complaining about the import judging. I just think when people spend $20,000 or $1,000 on there car they deserve the chance. People take pride in there projects and what makes then feel good is bragging about there car. That is why my goal was to spend time with each individual to learn about them there car and have them walk away feeling that they had a good judging. I personally hate judges that won't let me explain stuff about my car becuase they don't know how much time and efforts that have been spent on one little thing that might bring that car above the next. I'm sure I went on a story here. but thanks

I would have done this show for nothing just for the simple facts or opions that I have stated above. But you were vary generous on what your group did for us. Which most of it went to the club.

Thanks again.

rollininstyle2004
06-05-2006, 01:01 AM
People take pride in there projects and what makes then feel good is bragging about there car. That is why my goal was to spend time with each individual to learn about them there car and have them walk away feeling that they had a good judging. I personally hate judges that won't let me explain stuff about my car becuase they don't know how much time and efforts that have been spent on one little thing that might bring that car above the next.
This is why i enjoyed you judging my car because of everything you just stated. Great job again :goodjob: :goodjob:

Nopaintsls
06-05-2006, 07:56 AM
Sounded like the show f'n sucked..... well at least the judging part...

ShooterMcGavin
06-05-2006, 08:01 AM
^^^u obviously didn't read the whole thing :rolleyes:

Nopaintsls
06-05-2006, 08:17 AM
^^^u obviously didn't read the whole thing :rolleyes:

I did read it... what I ment to say it sucked for the american/sport compact cars...

Nopaintsls
06-05-2006, 08:20 AM
another quick question... why did you guys have your own cars in there?

ShooterMcGavin
06-05-2006, 08:20 AM
I did read it... what I ment to say it sucked for the american/sport compact cars...
now we're talkin :goodjob:

Nopaintsls
06-05-2006, 08:58 AM
^^yup yup... :D

JASONBALL
06-05-2006, 09:00 AM
the reason that redline had there own cars in there is becuase they didn't judge there own event. American certified judges had the muscle and classic side. And world-insight had the import side of things. none of world-insight cars won anything. but it was a fair judging for all that way.

Brett
06-05-2006, 09:06 AM
Sounded like the show f'n sucked..... well at least the judging part...

Read before posting shit

ShooterMcGavin
06-05-2006, 09:11 AM
^^^dammit repost brett! :D

carbongs
06-05-2006, 09:27 AM
i second brett's comment.

Nitro
06-05-2006, 09:31 AM
Read before posting shit

it was edited on the next post homie...........

G20NEO
06-05-2006, 09:34 AM
The show was great J MAN. This was my first time placing my car in the show. I have even though i didn't place, i still enjoyed the show overall. Team Elite did a great job with there cars so :goodjob: up to them. But i thank Redline AutoClub for putting together this grea show and for letting me sit with them also. I will be joining the Redline Auto Club team this week, great job to all those who came, and to those who won. :bigok:

A.P. Photography
06-05-2006, 09:39 AM
the reason that redline had there own cars in there is becuase they didn't judge there own event. American certified judges had the muscle and classic side. And world-insight had the import side of things. none of world-insight cars won anything. but it was a fair judging for all that way.
That is understandable by some of the veteran's that have been in the scene for a long time but the majority will leave with a bad taste in their mouth. When a team hosts a show like this the only thing that should be done is the cars displayed, not shown. :goodjob:

J MAN
06-05-2006, 03:23 PM
I agree. It was brought up in our group a few times & we went with what we had done for the past 3 years & allowed our cars to compete.

We used to have the Show at our Shop & 80% of the cars their were ours.
Our guest always seen to win the best awards & for the most part our guest won mot this time.

The Redline Auto Club is a combination of many clubs that come together under one name from time to time. Kinda like Import Atlanta but not as large.

Redline Auto Club has members that belong to other clubs & at times its hard to tell who is who.

For instance.
Redline Auto Club has members from the following other Clubs.

S2000 Club of Atlanta
WRX Atlanta
Team Interlude
Moca (MX3 Owners Club of America)
Joker Performance
Corvette Club

We will soon become members of Chinmotorsports.

Shops with Members or very close ties like they attend our events.
Knowledge Performance
Area 41
Leathal Injection Tuning
Megga Maxx
Dyno Lab
G&S Muffler

I agree that in the future we will have to come up with a plan that will keep a majority of the folks happy.

If we took out all the Members that had something to do with these organizations we would of lost 60% of the Show contestants.

Redline Auto Club picked up new members from this show that are still members of other Clubs. They will still be loyal to their group but will be part of our group as well. This has worked both ways for us & seems to be a good thing.

Unlike some organizations that may not care what people think, we do.

When we do our Show next year I will be holding a meeting with all the leaders of Import Atlanta that want to come & be a part of what we are doing.

No Drama. Just getting real.

Thanks for you advice.

J Man

A.P. Photography
06-05-2006, 03:29 PM
Honestly they need to show under their main club name and not Redline, that way they can show and participate and no one is the wiser. :goodjob:

J MAN
06-06-2006, 07:10 AM
I Agree,

Thanks for your imput.

J Man:cool:

JASONBALL
06-06-2006, 05:44 PM
Great idea starting a feedback thread for the show. Gives everyone a chance to read thoughts and learn from them.

veritekracer
06-06-2006, 11:05 PM
great first show you guys put on. I was very impressed with the organization, judging (even tho I didn't win, heheh), and timeliness of the awards ceremony. Ya'll started judging pretty quick, which allows the contestants to enjoy the rest of the show without having to wait around to be judged, registration and parking were good, and you actually started the awards ceremony pretty early, which is a rarity in most shows. T-shirts and door prizes were a good bonus that most shows, local ones especially don't do, so big props on that. Only complaints were the announcements, which you couldn't hear. Also, I was worried about being lumped into the 4door import class (being on of the Lexus that showed) vs having a 4 door luxury class, but as it turned out, there were not enough participants to support a breakdown to that extent, but maybe next year. Big props to the judge (again, even tho I didn't win, hint,hint, jp) cuz he took the time with the participants and their cars, and actually knew what he was doing. And definitely DO NOT have cars from your club participating in the show, cuz as mentioned before, that will turn people away, even tho you have outside judging. It's the perception of favoritism that will kill it. Ya'll did a great job, and it was one of the more enjoyable shows I've attended.

SEAN
06-06-2006, 11:33 PM
I'm still trying to figure out the points system on this all...I got beat by a VW that was from 1962 and won second....very nice and a convertible not hatchback...why was it in my class? The other car that came in first was a 80's Honda Accord hatchback with alot of money put into it from what I have heard...to win I thought you had to have money put into audio/visual....appearance mods...etc....both cars were nice but didn't have an equal amount of mods inside and out...both looked stock for the most part...I had a great time regardless and enjoyed meeting alot of great peeps out there especially the organizers but you might want to class the cars a bit better...I'm still left confused on the matter...nobody has been able to explain to me how the cars that won in my class did so looking stock for the most part...my car is like 20 to 40 years older then the two that should have been in Import Antique yet they placed higher...?

JASONBALL
06-07-2006, 01:19 AM
There were seven categories on the score sheet. I can't member off the top of my head what they all were. but it was 10 points for each one. Winning and scoring is not all about how many mods are done. It is also how it is put together. Yes those two cars were kinda old to be mixed in the newer cars. I'm sure that will be adjusted next time. that is why I and I'm sure J Man appreciate your feedback on the show.

I know the accord was fully restored from a pile of rust and corrosion. He had pictures with it in a book. He also had an engine swap. I didn't see one flaw in his paint job. The car was emmaclutley clean.

The VW Bug sure it was a convertable but like I said before that there was confusion on where to class him. Just so happens that the hatch class was the closetest for him to compete in. That bug was highly modified. The frame and back portion of the body were extened 1 1/2 feet. it was also had a 3in chop on it. had a body drop. full custom interior. and the engine had 243 horses. it was not a stock engine. the only thing that was left orgianal was the block after modification. I'm sorry you left confused on how the point system worked. But it is the same point system that is used and most import shows. You have a very nice car. best tibby I have seen in a long time. You might win or place at other shows. But this time the points just didn't fal your way. I hope you continue to support the show in the future along with the rest of local shows in ATL and surrounding area.

SEAN
06-07-2006, 06:05 PM
I will still be out supporting the shows where I can...I go to have fun and show off the car when I get a break from my busy work schedule...it just surprised me that nobody questioned why the VW was in a hatchback category when it clearlly wasn't...convertible or not that car is not a hatchback...it should have been in the import coupe class or an antique class don't ya think?...I saw a similiar thing happen at a previous show where a highlly modified car with bodykit, lambo doors, supercharger, etc. was put in the mild class instead of the wild class it should have been in and won over the other mild cars while the award for wild car wasn't even given out though that was the class he should have been in and won hands down...you can't win every show obviouslly but when technicallities like the above are involved it leaves you feeling like you missed out...hope to see you out there at the remaining shows and that the organizers of these shows will make sure the cars get put in the right classes...

F8d2Blk
06-07-2006, 09:07 PM
I think the bug should of stayed home. Modified or not but I would rather see a slightly modded one, then the Banana on wheels. Well, I can't say much though because my car wasn't in the show but I am sure to take first place next year. :D

that1mexguy
06-08-2006, 10:52 AM
Definitely a great show, i was very please with everybody's rides... my only complaint is that i brought my car and my bike but they only had 1 trophy for the bikes. If it was meant to be a car show only, then why invite the bikes? Other than that, i had a great time, you guys have some bad @$$ rides!!!

Nitro
06-08-2006, 11:15 AM
Definitely a great show, i was very please with everybody's rides... my only complaint is that i brought my car and my bike but they only had 1 trophy for the bikes. If it was meant to be a car show only, then why invite the bikes? Other than that, i had a great time, you guys have some bad @$$ rides!!!

i remember checking u out bro....thatz 1 clean ass whip u got there bro.....much propz :goodjob:

that1mexguy
06-08-2006, 05:59 PM
ha, thanks man... good thing u didnt look under the hood LOL

Brett
06-08-2006, 06:06 PM
Why you got secrets under there or just dirt? lol

that1mexguy
06-08-2006, 07:48 PM
ha, i wish it was just "dirt" ... let's just say you don't want to see it. But anyway, if i would've seen your guys rides before I entered my car i would've never entered, some were just freaking bad @$$, nice, very nice. Oh and I love your paint job man!

JASONBALL
06-08-2006, 08:35 PM
the design came from a little girl scribbling with a crayon. lol

carbongs
06-08-2006, 10:47 PM
wait till he gets it tuned, then he will clean it, or so he says! hehe. i've volunteered to do it myself but he is content on waiting till it gets tuned. it looks like rain, snow, salt, and dirt all combined. but it is a diamond in the rough. that supercharger needs tunage! hehe. then seloc and godspeed will spend a whole day cleanin up that whip!