PDA

View Full Version : Misc Questions Need Answers

Elbow
06-03-2006, 09:28 AM
Ok, I meet a girl a while back (bout a year ago) I started going to church with her, it made her happy, and actually started to make me feel good. But some things I just dont get, and when I ask someone, they think I am trying to call their religion stupid. Here are my questions:

- Forgiveness. I personally dont get how you can be forgiven for anything. They said even Bin Laden can be forgiven if it comes from his heart. I just dont get it, or believe it right now with what I have been told. Why do all these horrible people that hurt all these people mentally and physically get to be forgiven because they are saved. Seems like I will go get saved and live a ba life but in the end feel bad from my heart.

- Swearing to god. Say someone said do you swear to god on my life you will not lie to me? I say yes, but am thinking I wont lie, except for when I cheat on you. Is that a sin? Why can that be forgiven if I just swore on someones life under gods name. God knows what the person asking meant right?

Thats about it. Obviously these questions could go into some deep conversations and more ideas which is what happens everytime I ask other people. I am trying to understand, and know stuff. Not say you are dumb I am right. After I get a direct answer then I will decide if I am right ;) jk.

I guess all these can be answered, but religion is all about interpretation right? Thanks

Simon

Hulud
06-03-2006, 02:32 PM
it made her happy, and actually started to make me feel good.
:lmfao:
made you feel good to goto church although you have a problem with how christians are supposed to be?
thats a good one

Hulud
06-03-2006, 02:43 PM
Ok, I meet a girl a while back (bout a year ago) I started going to church with her, it made her happy, and actually started to make me feel good. But some things I just dont get, and when I ask someone, they think I am trying to call their religion stupid. Here are my questions:

- Forgiveness. I personally dont get how you can be forgiven for anything. They said even Bin Laden can be forgiven if it comes from his heart. I just dont get it, or believe it right now with what I have been told. Why do all these horrible people that hurt all these people mentally and physically get to be forgiven because they are saved. Seems like I will go get saved and live a ba life but in the end feel bad from my heart.
first a little spell check never hurt anyone

if its coming from the heart and they truely have changed then how acn you not forgive? ;)

- Swearing to god. Say someone said do you swear to god on my life you will not lie to me? I say yes, but am thinking I wont lie, except for when I cheat on you. Is that a sin? Why can that be forgiven if I just swore on someones life under gods name. God knows what the person asking meant right?
this question is just flat out dumb. how could you not understand this?

you swear to god, not a sin, but you swear to god knowing you are lying that would be a sin :doh:
[Mat 5:33-37] "Again you have heard that it was said to the men of old, `You shall not swear falsely, but shall perform to the Lord what you have sworn.' But I say to you, Do not swear at all, either by heaven, for it is the throne of God, or by the earth, for it is his footstool, or by Jerusalem, for it is the city of the great King. And do not swear by your head, for you cannot make one hair white or black. Let what you say be simply `Yes' or `No'; anything more than this comes from evil.

Thats about it. Obviously these questions could go into some deep conversations and more ideas which is what happens everytime I ask other people. I am trying to understand, and know stuff. Not say you are dumb I am right. After I get a direct answer then I will decide if I am right ;) jk.

I guess all these can be answered, but religion is all about interpretation right? Thanks
to a certain point its about interpretation but when you say "i swear to god i wont lie to my gf" (thinking in your head but i will lie if i cheat on you)
you are first a fucking moron, and second a sinner

Elbow
06-03-2006, 03:09 PM
I dont lie, I was giving an example. I am honest and get lied to. I go to church and do live like a christain for the most part, but I dont do half the stuff most people do and ask to be forgiven for.

Hulud
06-03-2006, 03:11 PM
so this whole thread is basically showing how much of a hypocrit your ex is?

Elbow
06-03-2006, 03:15 PM
no, its not my ex, we are still together. i was giving an example trying to understand. but nevermind.

ShooterMcGavin
06-03-2006, 03:25 PM
all sin is equal in god's eyes, however uncomprehensible and illogical that may seem to us.

Hulud
06-03-2006, 04:14 PM
no, its not my ex, we are still together.
:lmfao:

b@d @pple
06-03-2006, 08:21 PM
all sin is equal in god's eyes, however uncomprehensible and illogical that may seem to us.

god doesnt have eyes..we got in a fight and i gouged them out with a spork

Xrated O.G.
06-03-2006, 09:30 PM
god doesnt have eyes..we got in a fight and i gouged them out with a spork

The mental video of you doing that absolutely cracks me up.... Only you could say something like that and it be beleivable.

b@d @pple
06-03-2006, 10:19 PM
The mental video of you doing that absolutely cracks me up.... Only you could say something like that and it be beleivable.

HAH THATS AWESOME

ShooterMcGavin
06-04-2006, 12:08 AM

u can create a mental video with god in it? plz, elaborate on what that would look like and what god looks like :thinking:

Xrated O.G.
06-04-2006, 11:26 AM
u can create a mental video with god in it? plz, elaborate on what that would look like and what god looks like :thinking:

Its all a matter of interpretation right? Whats he/she look like to you?

ShooterMcGavin
06-04-2006, 11:28 AM
^^^no clue, i'm not a believer, nor do i believe i as a human have the mental capacity to visualize a supposed almighty and omnipotent being. for me, u can say it's like trying to imagine a parking lot that's holding an infinity amount of cars...make sense?

BTLFED
06-04-2006, 09:19 PM
^^^no clue, i'm not a believer, nor do i believe i as a human have the mental capacity to visualize a supposed almighty and omnipotent being. for me, u can say it's like trying to imagine a parking lot that's holding an infinity amount of cars...make sense?

What is wrong with Infiniti cars? They are awesome. I don't have to visualize them, I work at an Infiniti dealership.

Justin, that is the best post I have seen on here in a long time. :lmfao:

ShooterMcGavin
06-04-2006, 09:24 PM
^^^smart guy eh? :D

Jaimecbr900
06-07-2006, 11:52 AM
I'll take a crack at it for discussion sake.

#1- "Forgiveness" is a very tricky issue to understand. The Bible clearly says that if someone TRULY asks for forgiveness AND repents (ie. does not do it again and changes their ways in order to avoid doing ANY sin again) then he/she will be forgiven.

Too many people assume that means that you can just utter the words and be "saved" and suddenly you have this get out jail free card forever. Doesn't quite work that way. It is a never ending work in progress, just like life. People, including too many Christians, think it's a one time thing. Yes, it says in the Bible that "forgiveness" will be granted to EVERYONE. Yes, it also says you have to recognize Jesus as your ONLY saviour/way to heaven. But too often people assume that means it's a "do one thing and you're done" type thing. I don't think it is, nor should it be.

#2- Swearing to God???? I'm a little lost here. What's that about? People put more weight on you "swearing to God" vs "swearing" period? I guess if you're God fearing, it could be.....but what if it comes from a heathen like Hulud or Bad apple :lmfao:????JP. Seriously though, how is someone a better or worse liar by merely invoking God? The only thing I would imagine this has any relevance to religion per se is the fact that one of the Ten commandments does say NOT to use the Lord's name in vain. So, is someone "swearing to God" doing that? Maybe, if they KNOW they're lying but want to use "God" as a shield against telling the truth I suppose you could stretch it out to using the Lord's name in vain. Dunno.

I'm not clear as to what your point was there.

BTW, going to church to make your girl feel happy is not what church was meant to be. It should be YOUR decision. YOU will be judged by YOUR merits in the end, not your girl's.

It's cool to go to her church and then YOU like it and continue it. But to go just for her is wrong IMO.

Also, if ANY church makes fun of you for asking questions you may have.....that says TONS about that particular church and you should really consider if you want to be a part of that or not. Personally, I think it's wrong to chastize someone because they don't understand something. Atleast they have shown enough interest to ask a question, right? So why make them feel dumb. From infants to adults, if ANY church member can't answer their questions regarding religion with compassion and understanding that NONE of us KNOW everything........there's a problem IMO.

:2cents:

Elbow
06-12-2006, 09:41 AM
Thanks for the reply. I go to church because I like it now. But yeah if I ask a question they jump on me saying not to question god, and that it is a stupid question anyway...lol.