PDA

View Full Version : Selling a Car Overseas?

CiVeK9
05-06-2005, 09:03 PM
Well. get this. I been having a hard time selling my 97 red civic that i posted up for sale and a friend of mine told me to post it on this site www.craigslist.org under ATL. Which i did. I got two emails from two guys. One from the UK and 1 from london. Both willing to mail me a cashier's check or a money order for $6000. $4000 is for me and the other two i must wire through western union to the shipping carrier that they are going to give me an adress for. Seems like a legit thing to do but has anyone else done this? could it be a scam? It seems pretty legit if i just wait for the money. cash it out and make sure i get it. then send the shipping money to the shipping company and give them a date to pick my car up. Do i mail the title off too? not sure if anyone has done this before or if its possible. help!

SniperJoe
05-06-2005, 09:40 PM
Ok, this is a scam, period. Don't do it.

Edit:

More info: http://clarkhoward.com/library/tips/misc_scams.html

Brandon C
05-06-2005, 09:49 PM
M+NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

ITS A SCAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And THink about it LOndon is in the UK.........

Is This the Salvage?rebuilt Title car you told me about

chmura
05-06-2005, 09:54 PM
Its easy to ship the stuff over.....

I would get the cash first... make sure it clears....

then ship...easy....

if you need help shipping let me know...

speedminded
05-06-2005, 10:27 PM
buying/selling anything from the UK is most likely a scam but Drive on drive off from Savannah is about $800.00...if you need a box for it then looking at $1,200 + loading and unloading port fees.

JoeCoolinATL
05-06-2005, 10:39 PM
dude this is so a scam.

Nismo
05-06-2005, 11:25 PM
Yea, i read about this on scionlife.com some one did the same thing but tried to buy an is300 for 8k, and got screwed out of all of it

CiVeK9
05-07-2005, 04:55 AM
well they are sending me the money before anything..i just gotta get it and cash it? any harm in that?

JoeCoolinATL
05-07-2005, 06:18 AM
dude it will be a fake cashiers check/ money order whatever they send will be fake. search the web for 100000000000000x of these scams.
when you deposit it youll get money from the bank alright, and then when the bank sends it to the clearing house and realizes its a fake. they'll take ALL the money back out of your account. and since youve fallen for the scam and sent that money back to whoever sent you the email
you now owe the bank tons of money.

do it if you want. but we warned you. and you'll be out $$$$$$$ and your car

CiVeK9
05-07-2005, 08:19 AM
oh ok..yea it seemed a little fishy. thanks for the advice

JC
05-07-2005, 09:31 AM
Pretty much anything oversees that says they will send you money via western union is a scam. On top of that anytime they say they will send extra money for you to pay for shipping is def a scam. Don't do it. They will use fradulant accounts and then you will be out a car and money before you know it.

Vteckidd
05-07-2005, 12:27 PM
i think its called a NIGERIAN scam or soemthing, its all over Honda-Tech and everything. I would tell them to send the money, and cash hold the check for 30 days.
then send them a hot wheels car 1/64th scale

CiVeK9
05-07-2005, 12:32 PM
i appreciate the help guys...i won't get screwed

Dragonfly5338
05-07-2005, 03:54 PM
dude it will be a fake cashiers check/ money order whatever they send will be fake. search the web for 100000000000000x of these scams.
when you deposit it youll get money from the bank alright, and then when the bank sends it to the clearing house and realizes its a fake. they'll take ALL the money back out of your account. and since youve fallen for the scam and sent that money back to whoever sent you the email
you now owe the bank tons of money.

do it if you want. but we warned you. and you'll be out $$$$$$$ and your car

Yep, it's big over on the evo boards and supra boards - they do this with many different kinds of cars. The check they send you WILL clear your bank - 30 days later or so your bank will realize it's a fake, and take all the money out of your account. IE - you're screwed.

YokotaS13
05-07-2005, 04:49 PM
thats funny. Where have you been the last 5 years?

CiVeK9
05-07-2005, 06:44 PM
just haven't been there to read all this shit everyday but thanks for all the help

4dmin
05-07-2005, 07:08 PM
dude cash the money wait for it to clear, after it clears ship the car, its that simple. i sold my foci to a kid in Nova Scotia; even if it was a scam you could get the car back from customs before they could. My foci sat waiting to go through customs for about a month. as long as the money clears your straight

CiVeK9
05-07-2005, 07:10 PM
thats what i was thinking but what if it bounces or something? will i get charged by the bank?

4dmin
05-07-2005, 07:11 PM
35$ will be the charge for a bounce check.... but its a money order... either its real or not... get them to do a wire transfer or just write a check

IndianStig
05-07-2005, 09:18 PM
open a new account ask them to wire mone over to you, then immediately shut that account, then they wont be able to take the money backout. then wait for a month or so, if the fbi aint after you for money laundaring ship the car

Negrodamus
05-08-2005, 01:00 AM
i hope you sold it to the nigerian you punkass beiotch, its gotta be a scam if somebody wants to buy your ugly ass piece of shit. ...little ricing fucker