PDA

View Full Version : Recommendations?

~The_Duke~
06-02-2006, 04:31 PM
Anyone have any recommendations for cold air intake brands for '05 SE-R?

Also any recommended sites or shops for shopping for one?

:goodjob:

N/A EK
06-02-2006, 07:50 PM
I have a AEM polished cai, sounds great, got it at my old job (Advance Auto parts) i think for $200-220, 1 or 2 day shipping...if the price is good for you and u want it, Give me a call /404/444-9625
here is a pic
http://gallery.thevboard.com/showpic.php?dispsize=Original&album=T0PSE-R&pic=xxxxx2222.JPG

SampaGuy
06-02-2006, 09:13 PM
its an intake, brand shouldnt really matter that much

Big J
06-02-2006, 11:13 PM
its an intake, brand shouldnt really matter that much

+1

ebay FTW

I wish ebay would sponsor my car :bigok:

SpecV_Scott
06-03-2006, 10:13 PM
I've been rockin the eBay special for over 60K. They're under $100 and easy to install. Don't pay a shop to install an intake.

N/A EK
06-03-2006, 11:43 PM
^the ebay intakes r not really great, i used to have 1 on my old car and i was crap...and by the way, the tubbing is not the same as AEM,INJEN etc...

SpecV_Scott
06-04-2006, 03:13 PM
How so? Did you dyno test the intakes? Or are you going by the seat of the pants dyno?

wantboost
06-04-2006, 03:19 PM
How so? Did you dyno test the intakes? Or are you going by the seat of the pants dyno? would you like 3 or 4 hp lol cause thats about all your going to get out of any of them. if you like the aem sticker than go with aem etc....

~The_Duke~
06-04-2006, 09:38 PM
But I want the sticker it adds 1 hp...lol...I tend to stray away from non-name brand stuff for things like cars and computers. If anything the name brand stuff has alil better tubing so that it will last longer...

I have a bone to pick with someone who sport injen stuff so there will be NO injen parts on my car...none...

~The_Duke~
06-07-2006, 01:26 AM
Are there any other companies other than AEM and Nismo that make CAI for Spec V's cas if there are they are eluding me...

G20NEO
06-07-2006, 09:01 AM
Are there any other companies other than AEM and Nismo that make CAI for Spec V's cas if there are they are eluding me...

Try Injen, or better yet go on ebay and buy one of those $50 intakes and put an k&n filter on it. You can also try these websites too:

www.stillen.com
www.injen.com
www.hotshot.com

But like i said any intake you decide to get go on ebay and look them up in there first, before you buy from any where else, it may come out to be cheaper. Just remember that since you are getting an CAI you will need to be careful with water puddles and the rain. In that case you have three options:

1. You can get a dry charger for the filter( it's like a shirt for the filter)

2. You can convert it to a short ram when it's going to rain

3. You can just go with a short ram

All in all it's your car, so do what fits you best, just always know the advantages and disadvantages when you are modding your car. Thats just my :2cents:

~The_Duke~
06-07-2006, 02:30 PM
I WILL NOT put anything that is produced by injen on my car (the guy who did my wife is an injen fan)...also on the AEM and Nismo site they make a Air Bypass valve (http://www.aempower.com/product_intake.asp?subCatID=3) thing goes on the intake right before the engine that is supposed to stop water from going into the engine...

Jeremaih...I was going to going to show you that AEM Air Bypass thing today when I got to work, but you werent here...

G20NEO
06-08-2006, 12:08 PM
I WILL NOT put anything that is produced by injen on my car (the guy who did my wife is an injen fan)...also on the AEM and Nismo site they make a Air Bypass valve (http://www.aempower.com/product_intake.asp?subCatID=3) thing goes on the intake right before the engine that is supposed to stop water from going into the engine...

Jeremaih...I was going to going to show you that AEM Air Bypass thing today when I got to work, but you werent here...

Yeah i've heard about those things, but they still wont protect you from huge puddles of water, like it rains that much here anyway, the dry charger will help out more. as a matter of fact if you get the bypass valve and the drycharger(sleeve for the filter), you should be good to go...... But hey like i said before man, it's your car so do what fits you best..... :bigok:

N/A EK
06-08-2006, 05:45 PM
Go on Ebay there is a FUJITA intake for u SpecV=250$ or something, alot of ppl say good things about it on TheVboard.com