PDA

View Full Version : Can someone help me plz

RandomGuy
05-06-2005, 02:50 PM
Im gettin a car... an older car ...like 1000 bux or so.
It wouldnt be worht it to pay for an inspection for a car that cheap (and im poor lol).
If anyone can give me some pointers on what to look at or etc.. that would be great. It would be 10x better if someone who lives down near lilburn (indian trail) can come and check it out with me that is it sum1 doesnt mind.... that would be awesome anywyas any post will help thanks.

1983 Starion Turbo... anyone know much bout these cars?
the car cranks up drives good...
needs struts
remanufactured turbo.

civic95
05-06-2005, 04:00 PM
well you'll be lucky to find a car for $1000 that doesn't have several things wrong with it, or in need of repair. Usually as long as a car cranks, and drives it's worth $1000. So if you have it inspected, be realistic on what the report will be.

eViLMunkey
05-06-2005, 04:01 PM
yeah.. and in all it is worth the inspection so you know what you have to work on, on the car...

RandomGuy
05-06-2005, 05:08 PM
yeah IC.. .I already know theres around 600 bux of work needed... but if its over 1k of work I wouldnt be as interested in the car...

Tokico Struts are kinda expensive, thats what the Starions have. Also needs to be fully flushed out and shit. And the regular goodies wouldnt hurt either, oil filter, fuel filter, new oil, sparks wires etc tune up shit. Now that I think about it I might just jump on it... but I have NO confidence lol i want sum1 to say "thats a good car" so I can buy it guilt free. If it ends up being a dud, I'd never forgive myself or trust my opinon lol.

neways thanks for posts. Ne1 know anything bout starions in general.

RandomGuy
05-06-2005, 06:00 PM
decided to get a real inspection... hopefully no one buys it b4 i can do that ;)