PDA

View Full Version : What would you do?

JagerGirl
05-06-2005, 02:46 PM
So your boss has just totally screwed you over (lying about when paychecks come in on your last week at your job and just being bitchy all the time and leaving early) because she's pissed off you are quitting because you are such a fabulous employee. You already have a new and better job so you really don't give a damn about what she thinks anyway... however you've been at your job for almost 3 years and have grown quite attached to your boss... and you turned in an official written 2 week notice...

B16a2 Civic
05-06-2005, 02:48 PM
ask for ma money and if im not getting it, legal action will follow, also ask where my going-away party is going to be thrown, in her office or someone elses...

JagerGirl
05-06-2005, 02:51 PM
well, i had to call the owners son (top dawg) and get him to take my check to the bank for me, she wouldn't do it... so.. i have my money, however i have 1 more check to pick up next friday...

Pher
05-06-2005, 02:55 PM
Never burn a bridge.

JagerGirl
05-06-2005, 02:57 PM
i agree chris... that's why i showed up today, however, my schedule at the hospital conflicts with my present schedule for monday at the apartments, so I told her today and she got pissed and stormed out... so, now I just wrote a note stating I wouldn't be in anymore after today... it's the best i can do right now... is that bad?

B16a2 Civic
05-06-2005, 03:00 PM
your a better person then me, cause when she would have came back, i would have stormed out just like she did

JagerGirl
05-06-2005, 03:02 PM
your a better person then me, cause when she would have came back, i would have stormed out just like she did

she didn't come back... lol she was really ------. :rant: I guess! lol

Kevykev
05-06-2005, 03:02 PM
as long as you get your last check it's all good!

Pher
05-06-2005, 03:05 PM
yes it is bad. I understand how easily we can get flustered working somewhere knowing we have something bigger and better ahead. And I hate that I say ,"never burn a bridge," because thats my mom talking but its something that she drilled into my head but it has paid off. Thats the reason I am where I am right now. I stuck with this guy's company even when I wanted to say "fuck it" a few years ago, but I didnt.
After 3 years Tiff there is a lot of work history there. And a lot of proof that you are dedicated. But if you blow it and the end, thats all she will ever remember of you, I promise.

JagerGirl
05-06-2005, 03:09 PM
^ i agree.. that's the bad part..

LaurenK
05-06-2005, 03:17 PM
I would just suck it up, because if you have been there for three years...and just quit without notice you could be throwing away a "good" reference...:2cents:

B16a2 Civic
05-06-2005, 03:18 PM
have a lil sit down w/ the boss, explain to her why you had to leave, tell her you enjoyed your experience here nd its just time to grow and expand in other directions, then end it witha holla back and dap her up Lol

YokotaS13
05-06-2005, 03:23 PM
good idea^^

JagerGirl
05-06-2005, 03:24 PM
I've given the notice... and normally we're fine until just recently... it's a long story beyond this... but this is just a little bit of whats been happening/

Kevykev
05-06-2005, 03:29 PM
I've given the notice... and normally we're fine until just recently... it's a long story beyond this... but this is just a little bit of whats been happening/

that's why i didn't say "suck up" 'cause judging from your story, it seems as if some conflicts have already taken place. Are the "bridges" already burned?

JagerGirl
05-06-2005, 03:40 PM
^ not by me... she's just being wierd... basically, her husband closed on a $1,000,000 deal (commercial real estate) and pocketed $600,000 after taxes, etc... and she's changed ever since... she's rude, if its not her way, it's no way, she drives a new BMW X5 now and that's not good enough... she has a NICE 3 bR 2 ba house and it's not good enough... she wants more... so she takes off from work on days she's supposed to be here without giviing me notice and goes house shopping.... she cut my hours because i got over 40 when she took off an entire week... I worked for her so obviously i was gonna get over 40 hours... I don't know.. and she smarts off all the time to everyone, including me.. I know I'm younger and in some people's eyes thats ok, but in my eyes, it's not.. if you want me to respect you, you give me respect too.. is that a little clearer?

LaurenK
05-06-2005, 03:42 PM
Hey...did you call me the other day?
I called you back.,

JagerGirl
05-06-2005, 03:43 PM
Hey...did you call me the other day?
I called you back.,

yea girl... sorry i didn't answer.... i was in the shower and then i went to bed i had to work EARLY this morning! I'll call you tonight! ;)

LaurenK
05-06-2005, 03:59 PM
Alright!

drupason
05-06-2005, 06:29 PM
tell her....her dog SUCKS!!! haha

BufordŽ
05-06-2005, 09:16 PM
Well, I'd normally say don't burn your bridge, but do what you feel isright. You know her, we don't. We don't even know her name. So do what you think is best.

By the way. Thank you for that info you sent me. We really do appreciate it. I tried telling you before, but I don't think you saw it.

ruah_23
05-07-2005, 12:55 AM
I would say resign.
Yes u work for 3 yrs....but if u have problem now and keep sucking it up, ur boss will keep doing it to you.If you are not happy at what you are doing, why bother staying?

Remember if decided to suck it up, u will not be motivated when u work and your peformance will not be as good as before.

Hope this help.:goodjob:

RandomGuy
05-07-2005, 01:05 AM
why not just confront her about it... tell her straight up.
Then there are two paths from there, the leave or stay... It'd be much easier to make the decision after talking to her on the real though. Good Luck

speedracer41
05-07-2005, 10:15 AM
It is just good practice to work out your 2 week notice. Even if you hate your job, never ever burn your bridges. There is an instance where I burned a bridge several years ago, and truly regret it now, It has come back to bite me in the ass. Good luck with the new job.

JagerGirl
05-07-2005, 12:40 PM
thanks for all the advice... i appreciate it.. and ryan you are very welcome for the info!

BufordŽ
05-07-2005, 05:55 PM
Where are you going to be working after this shit-tastic job?

chuck
05-07-2005, 06:14 PM
...you ever seen office space :D

JagerGirl
05-11-2005, 06:16 PM
Where are you going to be working after this shit-tastic job?

the hospital and chuck, yes, great movie!