PDA

View Full Version : Fuel & Starting Problems

BLk92DA
06-01-2006, 04:53 AM
1) I have a check engine light and it throws a fuel code. What all areas of the fuel system can trigger the check engine code?

2) If i let my car sit for over 10 or more hours, it doesnt want to turn over. Sometimes when i hold the key all the way over for about 10 seconds, it starts fine. Other times, it doesnt do anything.
5 out of 10 i get this problem. But once i get my car started and running, i can shut it off and cut it back on with ease...any suggestions?

IntegraXTR
06-01-2006, 09:26 AM
bad fuel pump?

scttydb411
06-01-2006, 10:14 AM
when was the last time you replaced your fuel filter? check fuel pump too. other things that might give trouble to starting is main relay...may not trip fuel code. also when was the last time cap, rotor, and plugs were changed?

is this a stock ecu?

3kgtdrvr
06-01-2006, 10:56 AM
whats the description of the cel? sounds like its not holding fuel pressure in the rail. u try turning the key to the on position and sitting it there untill u hear the fuel pump shut off a few times and then try to start it?

BLk92DA
06-01-2006, 12:43 PM
when was the last time you replaced your fuel filter? check fuel pump too. other things that might give trouble to starting is main relay...may not trip fuel code. also when was the last time cap, rotor, and plugs were changed?

is this a stock ecu?

hmm...never changed the fuel filter since i bought the car over 5 months ago.

i'm hoping its not the fuel pump because i dont want to go through the hassle of dropping the gas tank.

so you're saying the cap, rotor, and plugs may set off the code? because i have no clue on when it was all last serviced.

its a stock ecu

BLk92DA
06-01-2006, 12:44 PM
whats the description of the cel? sounds like its not holding fuel pressure in the rail. u try turning the key to the on position and sitting it there untill u hear the fuel pump shut off a few times and then try to start it?

i have gone deep into the description of the cel yet.
and i've tried pumping it a few times, still doesnt work

SL65AMG
06-01-2006, 04:41 PM
my car is doing the same thing..... im thinkin its the fuel pump.... hopefully not but thats the only thing i can think of

scttydb411
06-01-2006, 09:13 PM
hmm...never changed the fuel filter since i bought the car over 5 months ago.

i'm hoping its not the fuel pump because i dont want to go through the hassle of dropping the gas tank.

so you're saying the cap, rotor, and plugs may set off the code? because i have no clue on when it was all last serviced.

its a stock ecu

if it's a 92 da and never been changed i would do that anyway first, fuel pump second or main relay if you don't hear the pump prime unless you bang on the bottom side of the dash. injectors can go bad, but it's rare.

cap, rotor, plugs shouldn't trip this cel, but it can help prevent it from starting/firing.

stock ecu that's been in there even when you didn't have a cel?

1civic
06-02-2006, 02:08 AM
Alot of things could cause this.... Next time Try turning the car On then Off and back on again... Do this twice... On 2 sec..Off.. On 2sec then Start...If this works I will explain more... Also if you have a C/k Engine light just Post the Code... The light could help some of us to Explain the trouble Further..

aaronfelipe
06-02-2006, 02:08 AM
Starter?

2.0civic
06-02-2006, 02:09 AM
you gotta drop the tank in a DA??

BLk92DA
06-03-2006, 04:31 AM
i'll just bring it to the shop and see what the problem is.

reps to all who tried to help me pinn out the problems...wont let me repp anymore kause i gotta spread sumin sumin.

i decided to go boost anyways and all the above will be replaced. thanks IA bitches!

jpoliti
07-03-2006, 01:49 AM
my car 90 da was doin somthing close. it would turn ove and spin quick just wuold not fire up checked and had plenty of spark . then i would poor some gas in to the intake and it woul fire right up. get it started and and no problem goto stores or any thing but if i turn it off just to talk to some for like 2 min it wouldnt start add gas to intake and bam fire up