PDA

View Full Version : Need help with amp

mitsu246
05-31-2006, 09:12 PM
I just hooked my system up and the amp will turn on and play when the headunit is on fm or am but when it is turned to cd or mp3 the amp cuts off. Whay is that? The remote wire is hooked up to the blue wire from the headunit labeled power ant. Need help asap. Thanks

v3rd1g0
06-01-2006, 10:17 AM
that's the problem, you have it hooked up to ur antenna. so whenever you antenna goes up it'll have power, but when the antenna is down, for cds and what not, it cuts the amp off. Look for a blue wire with remote on it or something else. What kind of headunit is it hoooked up to?

Nopaintsls
06-01-2006, 10:22 AM
that's the problem, you have it hooked up to ur antenna. so whenever you antenna goes up it'll have power, but when the antenna is down, for cds and what not, it cuts the amp off. Look for a blue wire with remote on it or something else. What kind of headunit is it hoooked up to?

he's right! :goodjob:

mitsu246
06-01-2006, 12:57 PM
You was right but I didn't have a amp wire on my harness because the dumbass who had the radio before me cut it right out the clip. I hate dumb people. So I had to go buy a new harness with all new wires on it. Thanks for the input and help.

BLk92DA
06-01-2006, 04:56 PM
verdigo is right.

to save you money, why dont you just find a way to fit a wire in the harness instead of going out to get a new one.

b@d @pple
06-02-2006, 12:17 AM
you could have just hooked it up to the red(ignition wire)also

PRODIGY
06-02-2006, 12:27 AM
you can also run the remote wire straight to the battery with a on/off switch, but you'll have to turn it on and off manually everytime you enter/exit the car.