PDA

View Full Version : HOLY SHIT --> TOYOTA CAMRY IN NASCAR!

BABY J
05-31-2006, 01:15 PM
http://nascar.about.com/od/manufacturers/a/toyotaenterscup.htm

1st NASTRUCK, now NASCAR... WHERE YA AT HONDA?????

A.P. Photography
05-31-2006, 01:16 PM
Honda is running IRL right now.

BABY J
05-31-2006, 01:18 PM
I know, I posted a thread on it.... they have ALL the engines in the field. But there are still other fish to fry. :) They got a lock on IRL.

A.P. Photography
05-31-2006, 01:20 PM
I know, I posted a thread on it.... they have ALL the engines in the field. But there are still other fish to fry. :) They got a lock on IRL.
They own IRL hands down and I think once Toyota has a good run in Nascar you will see Honda come over after that, but until then it will be fun to see how Toyota fairs against the domestics.

BABY J
05-31-2006, 01:22 PM
I know... the Tundra dominated in NASRUCK.. kinda makes the domestics up the ante. THEY BETTER! When/if Honda gets in though... game over!

A.P. Photography
05-31-2006, 01:24 PM
:werd: Toyota owned IRL until Honda ironed out the bugs and now Honda is THE engine everyone wants in their cars. If/When they jump into Nascar it will be "Game Over". Can you imagine an Accord leading the pack. :eek:

mp5o
05-31-2006, 07:26 PM
hells yea

BABY J
05-31-2006, 07:40 PM
:werd: Toyota owned IRL until Honda ironed out the bugs and now Honda is THE engine everyone wants in their cars. If/When they jump into Nascar it will be "Game Over". Can you imagine an Accord leading the pack. :eek:

No. But I can imagine 5 of them leading the pack.:goodjob:

A.P. Photography
05-31-2006, 08:48 PM
True, True.

95jdmdc4
05-31-2006, 09:26 PM
the new camry is a nice car period, very high quality interior and not that slow with the v6, driven a bunch of them, when I worked for Toyota, and the Avalon, damn! The Avalon has an amazing interior and is fast as balls, first gear i could not get traction when i stomped on it, lol.

Mr_Mischif
05-31-2006, 10:57 PM
I wonder what engine they use...they don't have any non-truck V8 engines!

Z32redondo
06-01-2006, 11:24 PM
Surprising that they wouldnt go ahead and go all out and make it RHD...That would def. make it even more different

down_shift
06-02-2006, 12:07 AM
I wonder what engine they use...they don't have any non-truck V8 engines!

As far as I know they don't use a production engine at all. They actually had to go and un-engineer their motor and create their first ever push rod V8.

EJ25RUN
06-02-2006, 12:11 AM
worthless info :doh:

sorry but i dont feel like carring about....

-tube chassis'd
-carburated
-v8

"stock car" camry's

i gots my euro sport watch'n ETCC, SUPER GT, DTM, BTCC, and AV8SC

you know...real racing :goodjob:

BABY J
06-02-2006, 10:07 AM
^^ Okay so why post? LOL. NEway... it's more about the Import dominance in the V8 world moreso than being a NASCAR junky. This is WAY bigger than you think.

2turbo4u
06-04-2006, 08:41 PM
Sorry I don't care what brand Honda or Toyota or whatever the cars are far from what you have in your driveway. What Camry is two door and rear wheel drive? Asscar sucks all they talk about is the same five drivers and the rest of the guys are fillers. Go around in circles and get pissed off when someone tap them. Junior is no way a good as his pops but let talk about him like he winning races! Sorry J, Honda and Toy ain't making no pushrod V8 motor for your Lexus or Acura RL (which what was supposed to go inside of her). They are DOHC motors and Hon/Ac still haven't drop the eight yet. So I see no technology coming to a stealership near you.

BABY J
06-05-2006, 08:51 AM
Sorry I don't care what brand Honda or Toyota or whatever the cars are far from what you have in your driveway. What Camry is two door and rear wheel drive? Asscar sucks all they talk about is the same five drivers and the rest of the guys are fillers. Go around in circles and get pissed off when someone tap them. Junior is no way a good as his pops but let talk about him like he winning races! Sorry J, Honda and Toy ain't making no pushrod V8 motor for your Lexus or Acura RL (which what was supposed to go inside of her). They are DOHC motors and Hon/Ac still haven't drop the eight yet. So I see no technology coming to a stealership near you.

You're a bonehead. :) Look at the stickers retard. NASCAR is a marketing wonderland viewed by millions of people. To have a Honda (or 5) leading hundreds of miles on network TV will be a boost to the very scene we love. I guess you feel the same way about the F1, WRC, and all of the other motorsports where. EVERY motorsport (and every sport period) has their poster boy, and D Jr. will always be the posterboy for NASCAR. He gets more endorsements than J. Gordon, when Gordon and his team will run circles around every1 else. You got the same few names in NASCAR? Well, you got the same 5 names in WRC, the same 3 or 4 names in F1, and the same few names in NDRA (class specific). So what else is new. No1 is assuming that you will see a pushrod V8 Accord/Camry at the dealership. Obviously you are missing the importance of such a thing as IMPORTS in a "good ol heart of America" racing like NASCAR. :eye: We (Honda/Toyota) take a pushrod v8, something American engineering has had over 50 years to "perfect" and we do it better and faster than you (which WILL happen). Genius.

:)

2turbo4u
06-05-2006, 11:24 AM
You're a bonehead. :) Look at the stickers retard. NASCAR is a marketing wonderland viewed by millions of people. To have a Honda (or 5) leading hundreds of miles on network TV will be a boost to the very scene we love. I guess you feel the same way about the F1, WRC, and all of the other motorsports where. EVERY motorsport (and every sport period) has their poster boy, and D Jr. will always be the posterboy for NASCAR. He gets more endorsements than J. Gordon, when Gordon and his team will run circles around every1 else. You got the same few names in NASCAR? Well, you got the same 5 names in WRC, the same 3 or 4 names in F1, and the same few names in NDRA (class specific). So what else is new. No1 is assuming that you will see a pushrod V8 Accord/Camry at the dealership. Obviously you are missing the importance of such a thing as IMPORTS in a "good ol heart of America" racing like NASCAR. :eye: We (Honda/Toyota) take a pushrod v8, something American engineering has had over 50 years to "perfect" and we do it better and faster than you (which WILL happen). Genius.

So you brought your Honda because Indy uses their engines? I understand what your saying w/o calling names in respect to you! I just appreciate other styles of racing that are better and gets less coverage in the states. As you mentioned NDRA G.M is basically running the show w/their Ecotec motors, but can't run the streets why Jap/Foreign is better to mod and cost less, and look a hold lot better. Baby J did you get the DB on the 4sale board?
:) :confused:

BABY J
06-05-2006, 11:30 AM
Yes, got the DB. Sent the contract to him last night.