PDA

View Full Version : Misc Sears

Kermit
05-31-2006, 11:58 AM
I will not be spending another dime in any Sears store, outlet or otherwise, for the remainder of my time here on earth. With that being said, I am not asking anyone to join in my personal boycott but rather sharing a personal experience.

About two weeks ago I purchased a refrigerator from Sears. I was in the process of moving that day and had already rented a movnig vehicle for the day so I declined to pay the additional delivery charges. I installed the regrigerator, plugged it in and then allowed 24 hrs to pass for it to get to the proper temperature. The next evening I went grocery shopping, spending approximately $150.00. When I returned home to put the groceries away, I noticed that the refrigerator was still not cold, warmer than room temperature in fact. To provide a temporary fix, I purchased two large cooler with enough ice to fill them both and put the appropriate groceries in them. Two more days passed and the refrigerator was still no cooler than it would have been had I not plugged it in. I called Sears to report the problem and they placed a service call. This past Monday, Memorial Day, at around 4:00pm the Sears repair man showed up, very nice and knowledgable gentleman, by the way, and concluded that the internal coils were beyond repair at that all the freon had leaked into the refrigerator and kitchen. Again, I called the Sears store where I purchased the refrigerator, explained the problem and the repairman's findings. I then requested that Sears come out and pick up the regrigerator so that I may exchange it with one that was functional. Their reply..."No". Apparently, because I did not have the regrigerator delivered by them, they weren't going to pick it up. Now, I'm a reasonable person and wasn't even asking for the money that I lost in groceries, the money that I had to spend eating out nearly 3 meals a day for two weeks, or any other compensation. I simply asked for them to pick up their faulty product and deliver and process the exchange for a new one. "No" was all I kept hearing. I asked to speak with a supervisor, again with results that were not to my approval. I then called their customer relations department where I received absolutely nothing. In the end, this faulty product that they sold me cost me nearly $400 in addition to the original purchase price. I ended up having to rent another truck to bring the refrigerator back to make a return. The level of rudeness exceeded even my wildest imagination as they processed the return. I left a very upset nonreturning-customer. To make the situation even more upsetting, the return transaction occured over 24hrs ago and the money is still not in my account, the call that I made to the customer service dept was nearly 72 hrs at which point I was promised a return call with in 24-48 hrs and I still have not heard from them. What I want is the money that I had to spend to rent another vehicle reimbursed. Unreasonable? I don't think so, but apparently to them my opinion means nothing. That's my story, and the reason I won't be shopping at Sears ever again. Do what you will, but please proceed with caution.

green91
05-31-2006, 08:42 PM
craftsman ftw!

ShooterMcGavin
06-01-2006, 02:00 AM
sux dude

Kermit
06-01-2006, 06:28 AM
My money has still not been returned to me. I am becoming increasingly angry.

ShooterMcGavin
06-01-2006, 11:31 AM
i'd definitely file something with the BBB.

Wurm
06-01-2006, 05:29 PM
sears is overpriced anyways

JASONBALL
06-01-2006, 05:50 PM
BBB probably won't do anything do to the fact that sears is so big. sure it will be filed then if the same complaint keeps popping up that for that particular location then it might be a case. It sucks to hear that you spent all that extra money. Just for heads up Sears owns Kmart also. lol

Kermit
06-02-2006, 06:33 AM
BBB probably won't do anything do to the fact that sears is so big. sure it will be filed then if the same complaint keeps popping up that for that particular location then it might be a case. It sucks to hear that you spent all that extra money. Just for heads up Sears owns Kmart also. lol

I was unaware of that, the K-Mart part, and will refrain from shopping there as well...I don't like Martha Stewart anyway.

Bishop
06-02-2006, 07:59 PM
I was unaware of that, the K-Mart part, and will refrain from shopping there as well...I don't like Martha Stewart anyway.
yeah, my dad just told me todays that sears owns k-mart lol. He said there is a craftsman sign under the k-mart sign lol.

SNapper
06-02-2006, 08:09 PM
i wouldn't expect them to come pick it up and bring u a new one. but they should give u a new one for free and maybe give u some money back.

JDMBeau
06-03-2006, 02:26 PM
i used to work there here in rome, and it is a fucked up store

i did MPU and it was a PITA. i used to feel bad for people who the manager was a dick to

shitty pay + fucking me in the ass = sears got fuxord

Velburg
06-15-2006, 05:48 PM
Just wondering if you get clark howard into this or some news channel up there in Atl and maybe they will go the extra mile to get you satisfied.. Its worth a shot....

SLow_POke
06-15-2006, 06:48 PM
dont know if you did but you should gotten ahold of there corporate office .,? get something solve . sucks.

G/L with getting your money back

turbosx©
06-16-2006, 03:00 PM
file a lawsuit? just an idea