PDA

View Full Version : H22 Crx

SL65AMG
05-31-2006, 10:56 AM
Well, to put it simply. Will a H22a fit in a CRX? Has anyone swapped a h22 into one and how much shit did you have to tear up to get it to fit?

EDIT: and what would be the benefits of dropping a H22 in over say a B16 or a B18?

thinkskater
05-31-2006, 02:48 PM
notice how noone posted anything ... because no one has the balls to say gsr is way better than h22 , :eek: whoops , just drop a gsr in it if u have a rex ,u cant get the same amount of power out both and gsr is a much less complicated swap, yet right outta the box u have more power with the h22 tho but im not sure on the weight distribution, it would be weird for the car(ie big block honda in a small ass chassis) but its your call i just love the b series.

Ludester
05-31-2006, 05:28 PM
H means more torque. B16 means rev happy. B18 gsr? Thats probly the way to go.

SL65AMG
05-31-2006, 05:47 PM
yeah a gsr would be nice but its much more expensive than a B16 or a H22... ill prolly just go w/ a b16. its got 2x the power i have now (stock).... getting 200hp out of a B16 cant be hard. but with no turbo. thanks anyways... but my question was:

Will a H22 fit into a CRX? without changing anything but the suspension.

Turbodude06
06-01-2006, 03:22 AM
Ok well the B16 has what 10 less horsepower than the B18 OK put an intake on it now your even. But I would go with one of the B series motors I think they last better than an H22 just from experence

1civic
06-02-2006, 02:13 AM
You have to have a Plan for this car ?... If you are going to road race it I don't think a H22 would be fun on a Course... Now For the B16 and B18 the Parts are alot easier to come by and they are lighter then the H22.. If its for drag only you could still do a Big Bore B series... Or Hell A k24 for that matter.. K's are Lighter than the B series...lol...More money but more fun..
Post your plans for this car and Maybe we could help with the Ideas... ;)

93H22ACX
06-02-2006, 06:55 AM
with anything....a suspension should be considered if its a b-series or h-series swap. either way it will alter the suspension / handling of how the car was made to perform so you should do an upgrade anyways.

as for weight wise its 30 or so pounds heavier than a b-series but the amount of torque throughout the power band will more than off set the 30lbs difference...let alone if you were to do a H2B on the H22 it might be even less weight.

as far as chopping things up.... it is dependant on the motor mounts you use. check out honda-tech.com they have alot of good write ups.