PDA

View Full Version : Piggyback info on DTEC?

careyk
05-30-2006, 01:07 PM
ok i was looking for a piggyback system for my 92EG Hatch, i was looking through this modified mag. and i saw this turbo XS DTEC piggyback system.. ive never seen anything like it, you control everything from a game SP screen?? WHAT IS THAT?!?! it sounds cool because i have like 5 gameboys!! LOL!! but yeah if you know anything about it please let me know.. thanks

IntegraXTR
05-30-2006, 02:04 PM
gotta link on the article?

careyk
05-30-2006, 04:03 PM
no, i got it out of modified magazine.. i was really asking does it really work? i know how it works, but i dont know if it works.. therefore im asking.. LOL! J/k. but really.. does it work?

GTScoob
05-30-2006, 05:48 PM
www.turboxs.com

I dont know if you can control a piggyback for a honda with it. You can use it to control a TXS Utec but they only make them for WRXs, Evos, and SRT-4s last I heard.

They also make a boost controller that can be controlled by a gameboy also.

drmcivicsi
05-30-2006, 05:49 PM
it will work but how well will it work is the question? why not go with a safc-emanage-chrome-hondata <<<< something that peolple have used for a long time for tuning and etc just my 2 cents

scttydb411
05-31-2006, 12:17 AM
gameboys are for playing video games. tuning is for tuneable ecu's. piggybacks are to fool a stock ecu. gameboys for tuning is for coolness effect.

if you really want a tuneable system that will be reliable and make you power go with a socketed/chipped ecu w/ crome.

i've done plenty of writeups as to why piggybacks are not the best tuning device...if you can't find it let me know and i'll do it again.

feel free to pm me w/ any info or if you want an affordable and tuneable ecu system for your eg.