PDA

View Full Version : bored, found this.

Twinnos
05-29-2006, 10:19 AM
BP Expands Initiatives to Support Auto Enthusiasts: Top Tuner Jay Laub to Educate Car Enthusiasts about Automotive Performance;
WARRENVILLE, Ill.--May 23, 2006--BP, maker of the premium fuel Amoco Ultimate(R), announced today that Jay Laub, a trendsetter in the automotive aftermarket parts industry, will be its voice for power and performance. Laub and his Mazda RX-7 are international automotive celebrities, respected and recognized by millions.

Amoco Ultimate fuels at BP continue efforts to reach automotive enthusiasts by supporting one of the largest innovators in this market. Laub will serve as a brand ambassador for Amoco Ultimate fuels by attending automotive events, working with trade media and interacting with consumers across the eastern United States.

"I only align myself with quality automotive products that I actually use," said Laub. "This relationship with BP lets me talk about the power and performance of Amoco Ultimate fuels to other people who are passionate about cars."

Beginning in May, Laub will unveil his newly-branded Amoco Ultimate cars, including his legendary Mazda RX-7, his new Acura NSX and a chopped Nissan 240, which is his first drift competition car. Laub will tour the East Coast and Midwest, attending a full show schedule including NOPI Nationals, the Super Street Tour and three Formula Drift Championship events - all sponsored by Amoco Ultimate fuels at BP.

On his famous Mazda RX -7, he will add a new green-based color scheme that will highlight BP's premium fuel, Amoco Ultimate. The car has previously graced the covers of magazines in the United States, Australia, Britain, France, Holland, Greece, Japan, Canada and Mexico.

"We are thrilled to work with Jay Laub who is a pioneer in the show car and import tuning world," said Chuck Grawey, Vice President of BP Fuels Management Group. "We will be working with Jay to educate consumers about car performance and demonstrate to drivers the benefits of Amoco Ultimate fuel at BP."

Unlike any other tuner, Laub has decided to deem 2006 his inaugural drifting year. Although Laub is an avid racer, this will be his first year to engage in drifting competitions, which has left other tuners and the show circuit buzzing. Amoco Ultimate fuels at BP will be represented on his drift car as he begins his career in the Formula Drift Championship, the first and only sanctioned and recognized North American professional drifting championship series.

About Jay Laub:

Laub is one of the nation's top tuners and boasts an impressive history dating back to his start as a teenager. Tuner event managers consider him an industry trend setter and rely on his signature cars to entice crowds. Laub's elaborate designs and signature customization have been featured in every major tuner magazine, including Modified, Super Street, Compact Sports Car and Import Tuner, and are considered on the forefront of what's hot to tuners, car clubs and even general car enthusiasts. Laub's Mazda RX-7 has won more than 95 "Best in Show" awards.

About BP:

BP markets more than 15 billion gallons of gasoline every year to U.S. consumers through 13,000 retail outlets and supplies more than four billion gallons of fuel annually to fleets, industrial users, auto and truck manufacturers, railroads and utilities.

BP is the single, global brand formed by the combination of the former British Petroleum, Amoco Corporation, Atlantic Richfield (ARCO) and Burmah Castrol. BP is a global producer, manufacturer and marketer of oil, gas, chemicals and renewable energy sources.

Red
05-29-2006, 07:46 PM
Cool. But I have to admit I only skimmed it. I got tired of reading.

Allstar3.8T
05-29-2006, 09:10 PM
Are you a closet Jay Laub fan? He's as over rated as LJ Garcia was.

Julio
05-29-2006, 09:45 PM
Sad.. Sad.. Sad.. Sad.

Twinnos
05-30-2006, 07:42 AM
Are you a closet Jay Laub fan? He's as over rated as LJ Garcia was.
got to admit it. yup. im a fan of jay laub's creations (not the creator), just as im a fan of Jeff g's car. both are very innovative and creative and sets the trends for others to follow. and without innovators what would the show car scene be (hint: buford hwy cars) lol.

Twinnos
05-30-2006, 07:43 AM
Cool. But I have to admit I only skimmed it. I got tired of reading.
:confused:

Brett
05-30-2006, 09:08 AM
Interesting

Allstar3.8T
05-30-2006, 03:06 PM
I'd love to become a fan of his, but he is a tool, and I still havent seen one thing he did first, or better than anyone else. (His paint jobs are the best thing about his cars IMO...and the are very well done btw) He does mods on expensive cars, and makes very frequent changes.....He does mostly safe "fad mods" which people like (Lambo doors, flip flop paint, widebody, neon etc etc) but never really does anything ground breaking, He just does ALOT of non-enthusiast crowd pleaser mods to his cars.
I'd love to see him do a civic to see how creative he really is. JG, Tim, even Touwsma would spank him. Anyone can make a nice car real nice w/ a BP or McDs budget. The fact that he never has the same sponsors two years in a row says ALOT IMO.

4dmin
05-30-2006, 03:43 PM
umm ya... personally i think his RX7 is hideous... it was nice when it was black minus all of the crap... and he is the Brittany Spears of the industry unfortunately... i think LJ was much more of a trendsetter then him... the old west coast crews Autobots, Team prototype, have been doing shit for fucking years before this car was around. and it will never been as clean as a Tim W or a Jeff G or creative as a Jeff T.

either way good luck to him atleast more companies are spending loot in the scene.

Twinnos
05-30-2006, 04:17 PM
either way good luck to him atleast more companies are spending loot in the scene.
^^^exactly. the more companies interested in what we do the better.

Twinnos
05-30-2006, 04:35 PM
I'd love to become a fan of his, but he is a tool, and I still havent seen one thing he did first, or better than anyone else. (His paint jobs are the best thing about his cars IMO...and the are very well done btw) He does mods on expensive cars, and makes very frequent changes.....He does mostly safe "fad mods" which people like (Lambo doors, flip flop paint, widebody, neon etc etc) but never really does anything ground breaking, He just does ALOT of non-enthusiast crowd pleaser mods to his cars.
I'd love to see him do a civic to see how creative he really is. JG, Tim, even Touwsma would spank him. Anyone can make a nice car real nice w/ a BP or McDs budget. The fact that he never has the same sponsors two years in a row says ALOT IMO.
once again. im not a fan of him persay, but his creations. he is very arrogant and belives he can beat any car. im a big fan of jeff g's car, tim's car and jeff t's car (when it was showing). but in the car show judges mind i believe they all at one time or another went up against jay and didnt get the placings they should have. i think jeff g's car can beat anyone's that i have seen east or west coast. but my point is whether u like him/his car or not companies, magazines, spectators are all watching him. his kit on the rx7 was the 1st in the states, the brake kit he just got is the 1st in the states, he got the kit for that rx7 (seen in F&F 3 and at the formula d atl show) and is currently putting it on (another 1st in the states). i know this stuff because i conversate with him at shows and he loves to talk about himself and what he got, did, sponsored by, etc..... no biggie though. like i said im a fan of the car not the person :)

Julio
05-30-2006, 07:29 PM
The car is a piece of shit. Hes a cock. anyways. He has what alot of people dont have ..
In this business you have to have the Balls to walk up to any one and anything and run your mouth either in a positive way or negative way. It seems he carried him self well with big wigs and like Greg said, He done the ricer mods... Hes not ground braking.. Once of the baddest RX - 7 I've seen whats actually local and it made the magazine back in the day.. I think his name is Jay also.. Funny.
IM glad im out of the car show crap.. He has yet done something I never seen.. yeah, maybe a body Kit 1st in the US blah blah blah .. at the end of the day is just another wide body..

Jeff G seems shy when it comes talking about his car .. His car to me was the baddest civic On the U.S. at one point.. But I think Jeff didnt care about talking or fame or heck.. maybe he didnt care about the fame.. Jeff is competetive but not talkative, makes sense.. Maybe Im wrong.. Greg C can clear that up or maybe explain it better.
Fuck, Look at tim west.. also shy dude.. But his civic was also Hottest shit in the US at one point..

Shit Jeff T car was diffrent, Maybe not the hottest.. but he knew how to be seen , heard .. market himself.. Thats key in this market...

You want your car to be seen.. Market yourself.. BE LOUD/ Grab the mic.. whatever.. Your hot car would not cut it.
Company's want to give $$ and Product to a person who can be OUT THERE not behind the tent, chillin...

Sucks, But it makes sense. Is not even about being proffesional sometimes anymore.. sucks but is true.. remember how many times Jay L ran his mouth after he lost a few events or how he made face expressions and shit up on stage ? Guess what? Some company loves the shit.. Might not admited .. but they like it. Shit Ive been out for 3 years and I remember seeing that stuff...

Julio
05-30-2006, 07:30 PM
Did I just typed all that crap? holly shit. :doh: :lmfao:

My bad.

Ronv350z
05-31-2006, 07:38 AM
^^^hahahahahaha funny, but IMO i love the fact that he is sponsored by BP, thats a first for that company so its hot.

Twinnos
05-31-2006, 12:02 PM
Did I just typed all that crap? holly shit. :doh: :lmfao:

My bad.
ha ha ha :goodjob:shyt julio thats the most you've ever typed.

Twinnos
05-31-2006, 12:05 PM
^^^hahahahahaha funny, but IMO i love the fact that he is sponsored by BP, thats a first for that company so its hot.
^^^^thats basically all im saying....

Allstar3.8T
05-31-2006, 06:10 PM
Oh yeah, congrats to him for steppin up, many times. McDs and BP are big, no...HUGE. BUT... everyone in the scene hates the dude. He was ALMOST cool w/ Jeff once, and he definately knows who he is, and made a call to Matt to see what Jeff is doin this year.
Jay is a great self promoter , and salesman. I do think his cars are generally ugly, and c'mon, the RX7 has only recently looked OK again, the all blk was nice, but his interior needs help BADLY.
No flame on you Marcell, but we are shooting for Jay, and w/ fair judging he stands no chance. Lets say Jeffs car last year was elementary in comparison to now.
Bring it Laub!

rollininstyle2004
05-31-2006, 11:31 PM
Oh yeah, congrats to him for steppin up, many times. McDs and BP are big, no...HUGE. BUT... everyone in the scene hates the dude. He was ALMOST cool w/ Jeff once, and he definately knows who he is, and made a call to Matt to see what Jeff is doin this year.
Jay is a great self promoter , and salesman. I do think his cars are generally ugly, and c'mon, the RX7 has only recently looked OK again, the all blk was nice, but his interior needs help BADLY.
No flame on you Marcell, but we are shooting for Jay, and w/ fair judging he stands no chance. Lets say Jeffs car last year was elementary in comparison to now.
Bring it Laub!
Sort of on the same topic, when is Jeff's car going to be done for this season?

Twinnos
06-01-2006, 07:32 AM
Bring it Laub!
cant wait to jeff's car. i know my face will look like this :eek: . and another thing is that jeff will need to attend shows that jay attends to do the match up.

Allstar3.8T
06-01-2006, 08:41 AM
Jeff will be doin HIN Orlando and Miami, and every other big SE show this year. The car will be back in his/YRCs possession tomorrow, and then it needs to be cleared and assembled, the new air ride components installed, audio wired, and engine work completed. It will be out in time for the ModHouse show, thats our goal is get it there in Scotts memory. So put June 17th aside.

Twinnos
06-01-2006, 10:23 AM
was this the same scott that worked at the nopi on buford hwy with the long ponytail?