PDA

View Full Version : Nemesis Digital Coverage: ImportShowdown

Nemesis
05-28-2006, 08:23 PM
Once again, Georgia DSM put on a great event at Silver Dollar raceway. The beautiful yet, scorching hot weather brought out old faces as well as new to this event in Reynolds. The field of cars ranging from Supras, Civics, Evo’s, and even a Magnum brought out the crowds despite the blistering heat. Temperatures hitting 101 near the track didn’t deter hard core racers from cranking up the boost and going wide open throttle down the 1320. Surprisingly, a contender usually seen at Drift Events such as Formula D, Drift Fury, and DG Trials was in attendance, with the Tiger Racing 240! Great music and vendors were also in attendance such as Spec Clutches. As always, hats off to Georgia DSM for putting on a event that will be here to stay for many years to come. See you in October!

Full gallery will be up in the next day or two.

George Atchison II
Nemesis Digital
[email protected]

http://www.undergroundcove.com/nemesisphotography/importshowdown1/shot9.jpg

http://www.undergroundcove.com/nemesisphotography/importshowdown1/shot10.jpg

http://www.undergroundcove.com/nemesisphotography/importshowdown1/shot2.jpg

http://www.undergroundcove.com/nemesisphotography/importshowdown1/shot3.jpg

http://www.undergroundcove.com/nemesisphotography/importshowdown1/shot4.jpg

http://www.undergroundcove.com/nemesisphotography/importshowdown1/shot5.jpg

http://www.undergroundcove.com/nemesisphotography/importshowdown1/shot8.jpg

http://www.undergroundcove.com/nemesisphotography/importshowdown1/shot7.jpg

http://www.undergroundcove.com/nemesisphotography/importshowdown1/shot1.jpg

http://www.undergroundcove.com/nemesisphotography/importshowdown1/shot6.jpg

thinkskater
05-28-2006, 08:24 PM
nice wish i woulda went

buffdaddy18
05-28-2006, 08:26 PM
nice pics man, sorry i couldnt make it

ProjectWidow
05-28-2006, 08:38 PM
Always great pics George!!

Tank
05-28-2006, 08:40 PM
hey what is up with the track looked very bad great pics man and whos the white supra belong too never seen it before

CHADbee
05-28-2006, 09:53 PM
Always great pics George!!
what he said^
i bet u got so much smoke in ur lungs george. awsome shots though man.

Flip
05-28-2006, 09:57 PM
Awesome pics man! Mind telling me what settings you use to get a pic like the second one?

Nemesis
05-28-2006, 09:57 PM
Thanks guys

what he said^
i bet u got so much smoke in ur lungs george. awsome shots though man.

You arent joking! And Clark's supra made my ears hurt for an hour. Being 5 feet away from that car when its about to launch without head gear to protect my hearing IS NOT A GOOD IDEA!

Nemesis
05-28-2006, 10:01 PM
Awesome pics man! Mind telling me what settings you use to get a pic like the second one?

This was the first event I tried the new lens, and I had a new 77mm polarizer filter with me, which I didnt have on at the time of that shot. Sometimes Id be caught with cloudy weather, then it would turn bright as shit. Really difficult to keep up and change the settings constantly. Its different shooting with this lens since I can adjust so much more.

But for the second shot:

Exposure- 1/250s
F-number- f/8
ISO-200
White balance: Direct Sunlight
Manual Mode.

Flip
05-28-2006, 10:03 PM
This was the first event I tried the new lens, and I had a new 77mm polarizer filter with me, which I didnt have on at the time of that shot. Sometimes Id be caught with cloudy weather, then it would turn bright as shit. Really difficult to keep up and change the settings constantly. Its different shooting with this lens since I can adjust so much more.

But for the second shot:

Exposure- 1/250s
F-number- f/8
ISO-200
White balance: Direct Sunlight
Manual Mode.

Awesome. thanks for the hints! I'm still mad at myself for having my iso at 1600 the other night LOL. Those pics would have turned out so much better. I'm going to do some reading tonight... I've got some coupons for free photography classes from wolf camera. You think they would do me any good, or know which ones i should take? (sorry for jacking your thread :P )

Nemesis
05-28-2006, 10:06 PM
Awesome. thanks for the hints! I'm still mad at myself for having my iso at 1600 the other night LOL. Those pics would have turned out so much better. I'm going to do some reading tonight... I've got some coupons for free photography classes from wolf camera. You think they would do me any good, or know which ones i should take? (sorry for jacking your thread :P )

HAHA Dude, you wouldnt believe it, but for about 100 shots today I shot at ISO1600 in bright daylight. :lmao: The heat was getting to me really bad out there, a lot worse than anything Ive ever been too. You couldnt really think at all it was so bad. But yeah, Id check those classes out man, it wouldnt hurt since they are free!

By the way, check this temp out, while the car was parked near the track!

Flip
05-28-2006, 10:10 PM
HAHA Dude, you wouldnt believe it, but for about 100 shots today I shot at ISO1600 in bright daylight. :lmao: The heat was getting to me really bad out there, a lot worse than anything Ive ever been too. You couldnt really think at all it was so bad. But yeah, Id check those classes out man, it wouldnt hurt since they are free!

By the way, check this temp out, while the car was parked near the track!

JEEZ, thats freakin hot! I've been sweltering in the 91'ish temps we've been having hah. You wouldn't think I've lived here my whole live haha.

I don't know how i keep missing all these events. I wana come out to the next one and try my hand at some photography out there. Do you know of any good events coming up soon? I wouldn't mind running my car while i was there too :D.

Nemesis
05-28-2006, 10:12 PM
JEEZ, thats freakin hot! I've been sweltering in the 91'ish temps we've been having hah. You wouldn't think I've lived here my whole live haha.

I don't know how i keep missing all these events. I wana come out to the next one and try my hand at some photography out there. Do you know of any good events coming up soon? I wouldn't mind running my car while i was there too :D.

I cant think of any coming up, but I might be wrong. Shoot me your number through PM and Ill give you mine as well. We can meet up or something at the next event and give some pointers. I leave on June 8th and wont be back till the 11th, so if theres anything going on then, ill be outta state.

SL33P3R
05-28-2006, 10:22 PM
How much WHP does that black supra make? with the black CCW's, its looks nice.

Flip
05-28-2006, 10:25 PM
I cant think of any coming up, but I might be wrong. Shoot me your number through PM and Ill give you mine as well. We can meet up or something at the next event and give some pointers. I leave on June 8th and wont be back till the 11th, so if theres anything going on then, ill be outta state.

PM'd. What would you end up with shotting at 1600ISO in bright light? Is it grainy line in low light? I assume the camera would compensate in aperature and exposure and you'd end up with something funny...

Nemesis
05-28-2006, 10:29 PM
PM'd. What would you end up with shotting at 1600ISO in bright light? Is it grainy line in low light? I assume the camera would compensate in aperature and exposure and you'd end up with something funny...

I really bright photo with a lot of graininess (sp). Aperature and Exposure wouldnt adjust if it was in manual mode which was in my case. In the lcd screen on the camera it looks okay, so that's why I didnt even notice at first until about 20 minutes later when I jumped back into the menu.

Flip
05-28-2006, 10:33 PM
I really bright photo with a lot of graininess (sp). Aperature and Exposure wouldnt adjust if it was in manual mode which was in my case. In the lcd screen on the camera it looks okay, so that's why I didnt even notice at first until about 20 minutes later when I jumped back into the menu.

That was my prob with my building photos... Looked fine in the window. I'm gonna retake those tomorrow or the next day and see what i get. I think I'll start with 200ISO and adjust settings so i get correct exposure and then play around with 400 maybe higher just so i can compare.

Nemesis
05-28-2006, 10:33 PM
This was a shot that was taken at the wrong settings.... I.E ISO 1600 :lmfao:

But at the time it looks okay since I had a polarizer to control the glares and the other settings set pretty nicely. You can see the grain in the photo though.

Flip
05-28-2006, 10:42 PM
This was a shot that was taken at the wrong settings.... I.E ISO 1600 :lmfao:

But at the time it looks okay since I had a polarizer to control the glares and the other settings set pretty nicely. You can see the grain in the photo though.

Ok I see what you're sayin. Which kind of polarizer did you get? Circular I'm guessing?

Nemesis
05-28-2006, 10:45 PM
Ok I see what you're sayin. Which kind of polarizer did you get? Circular I'm guessing?

Yep, circular. Depending on the size of your lens, you can get one for pretty cheap. Mine was 47 bucks though since it was a 77mm. :(

Flip
05-28-2006, 10:51 PM
Yep, circular. Depending on the size of your lens, you can get one for pretty cheap. Mine was 47 bucks though since it was a 77mm. :(

Nice, thats not bad. Mine should be less, don't think my lense is that big. I wish i had brought my camera to work tonight :P I wana play now hah.

Tank
05-28-2006, 11:41 PM
i dont know what the hell you guys are talking about they all look damn good must be a phot-guy thing

Stormhammer
05-29-2006, 01:40 AM
i dont know what the hell you guys are talking about they all look damn good must be a phot-guy thing
:stupid:

plus I think my friend is gonna like that pic of his silver Starion VERY much - by any chance do you do print outs?

SpoolBus
05-29-2006, 07:11 AM
GREAT PICTURES A+... Great guy and some of the highest quality pictures around :goodjob:

Mr. Antonov
05-29-2006, 10:00 AM
Looks good..

Tank
05-29-2006, 10:27 AM
:stupid:

plus I think my friend is gonna like that pic of his silver Starion VERY much - by any chance do you do print outs?
:slap: im not stupid :lmfao:

Bad2Rass
05-29-2006, 08:20 PM
Yes I love the pic I dont care what you guys say it looks damn good.

Stormhammer
05-29-2006, 10:26 PM
^^^ lol you actually joined?

95jdmdc4
05-31-2006, 05:11 PM
nice shots