PDA

View Full Version : locked keys in car ( dumass )

SL65AMG
05-28-2006, 04:44 PM
so does anyone know any secrets to getting the door unlocked. like special shit to pick the lock with. its an 89 CRX. if you have any info lmk ... if not....well.. whatever

APEX i GSR
05-28-2006, 04:47 PM
i use a lock out kit available from Snap On but all you need is something to pry the door cracked and a hanger to slide in to release the lock

HyPer50
05-28-2006, 04:52 PM
a brick works well also.

Halfwit
05-28-2006, 05:44 PM
a 89 crx? kick it......

RandomGuy
05-28-2006, 06:14 PM
"dumass".... the irony

BigPoppaHurtm
05-28-2006, 06:18 PM
i use a lock out kit available from Snap On but all you need is something to pry the door cracked and a hanger to slide in to release the lock

LOL. Thats what the locksmith did to my car when I locked my key's in. What a waste of money. SL65 this would totally work.

HyPer50
05-28-2006, 06:23 PM
Ya... thats what AAA did to my car the first time I called them, never fucking again... They put an "airbag" type thing and inflated it to pry try door out. Now the door sits crooked.

redlinenprelude
05-28-2006, 09:19 PM
dude Kris its patrick, call me.. i can be in that bitch in a second..

YokotaS13
05-28-2006, 09:25 PM
LOL. Thats what the locksmith did to my car when I locked my key's in. What a waste of money. SL65 this would totally work.
there is more to it than that
If you look behind your door panel, you will see all the linkages, you have to nkow which one to get. ANd there are specific tools for each car....my fathers a locksmith

it takes YEARS to be able to do it that fast believe me. he has been doing it for 19 years now in his own company

quickdodge®
05-28-2006, 09:26 PM
so does anyone know any secrets to getting the door unlocked. like special shit to pick the lock with. its an 89 CRX. if you have any info lmk ... if not....well.. whatever

I know how to spell dumass. Later, QD.

CSquared
05-28-2006, 09:30 PM
a brick works well also.

Personally I'd go with a crowbar. The brick is a little archaic for my liking.

eViLMunkey
05-28-2006, 09:30 PM
I have a lock out kit... $50 to unlock...

redlinenprelude
05-28-2006, 09:33 PM
a brick..lol thats the lazy way man.. homemade slimjim is where its at!

eViLMunkey
05-28-2006, 09:45 PM
wire coat hanger

DJ XtRaK©
05-28-2006, 09:50 PM
i can get in that bitch...just ask half the people i work with...ive had to do it many times.

bigdare23
05-28-2006, 09:57 PM
It's easy all you need is a wire hanger and a flat head. Goto the driver door and use the flat head to pry the driver window from the door about an 1/4 in. Undo the wire hanger but leave the hook and use that to pop the trunk. It should take about 2 minutes. When I was younger, I used to lock my keys in my crx all the time.

speedminded
05-28-2006, 10:31 PM
It's easy all you need is a wire hanger and a flat head. Goto the driver door and use the flat head to pry the driver window from the door about an 1/4 in. Undo the wire hanger but leave the hook and use that to pop the trunk. It should take about 2 minutes. When I was younger, I used to lock my keys in my crx all the time.flat head?! ahh! some people actually care about their paint...even wrapping in in a rag can screw it up...

just fold up a piece of cardboard or sheet of paper, pull the door out at the top and stick it in as a wedge....find a hanger and bend the bottom 1/2" so you can grab onto the lock...shouldn't take more than 30-45 seconds...make sure you stuff a rag or cloth around the hanger when sliding it in the door jamb from the top so it doesn't scrape the paint off.

Dirty Octopus™
05-28-2006, 10:51 PM
Hondas are sooo easy to get into. i think i lock my keys in just so i can see what other ways i can get into my vehicle.... I say to hell with a wire hanger.. You can use a tree branch. EFs i believe are easier than EGs too

bigdare23
05-28-2006, 11:14 PM
flat head?! ahh! some people actually care about their paint...even wrapping in in a rag can screw it up...

just fold up a piece of cardboard or sheet of paper, pull the door out at the top and stick it in as a wedge....find a hanger and bend the bottom 1/2" so you can grab onto the lock...shouldn't take more than 30-45 seconds...make sure you stuff a rag or cloth around the hanger when sliding it in the door jamb from the top so it doesn't scrape the paint off.

How are you suppose to "pull the door out at the top" with a piece of cardboard or sheet of paper???

Honestly, the flathead would be nowhere near the paint. On a crx, it would be on the pane of the window. So you don't have to worry about mess up the paint.

SixSquared
05-28-2006, 11:25 PM
Your name's SL65AMG but you drive an 89 CRX???

hit it or kick it. If that doesn't work, use a damn hanger

SL65AMG
05-28-2006, 11:43 PM
dude Kris its patrick, call me.. i can be in that bitch in a second..

howd u know this was kris? haha....

ill call u up tomorrow...well....today i guess

SL65AMG
05-28-2006, 11:44 PM
Your name's SL65AMG but you drive an 89 CRX???

hit it or kick it. If that doesn't work, use a damn hanger

i just got the rex..... i wish i had a benz ...that would be nice

aaronfelipe
05-28-2006, 11:44 PM
I may be able to help, I have locked keys in 2 crxs lol

aaronfelipe
05-28-2006, 11:45 PM
i just got the rex..... i wish i had a benz ...that would be nice
CRX>>>>>>>>>Benz

SixSquared
05-28-2006, 11:47 PM
CRX>>>>>>>>>Benz

go to bed... you must be sick.... everyone knows it's

del Sol >>>>>>>>>>>CRX>>>>>>** ;)

speedminded
05-29-2006, 02:25 AM
How are you suppose to "pull the door out at the top" with a piece of cardboard or sheet of paper???

Honestly, the flathead would be nowhere near the paint. On a crx, it would be on the pane of the window. So you don't have to worry about mess up the paint.I've seen that entire side glass spiderweb with someone trying to pry on one like that...i'm sure it will work but good luck finding a window if it doesn't.

Normally just use finger tips but I forgot how tight the door jamb is on them....i've gotten into friends 1st and 2nd gen CRX's w/o any problems but used something a little wider than a screw driver to pry it open just enough to get a hanger in it...maybe it was a spatula wrapped in a rag :dunno: can't remember. I just don't like using screwdrivers because they exert the force over one tiny area.

SixSquared
05-29-2006, 02:29 AM
^^he makes an excellent point... I always use a credit card/driver's license to pry the glass away if I need into my Sol...and I always trigger the damn glass sensor on the alarm and so I'm sitting there trying to pop the top with the alarm blaring.... looks great... really. And then once I do get the top popped open it sets off a whole new set of annoying noises. I now carry an extra key on my person at all times.

YokotaS13
05-29-2006, 06:13 AM
hide a key under your car with black ducktape retards

SL65AMG
05-29-2006, 10:19 AM

i havent had time to make another key

Wurm
05-29-2006, 10:22 AM
take you title to honda and get a key cut for 5 bucks.

Wurm
05-29-2006, 10:23 AM
you get a spare key and its better then prying the door

bigdare23
05-29-2006, 10:50 AM
go to bed... you must be sick.... everyone knows it's

del Sol >>>>>>>>>>>CRX>>>>>>** ;)

??????

I thought del Sol ========== CRX j/p

And for everyone who's telling him to get a spare key, it's kinda too late for that. Its already locked I the car, so I believe suggestions on how to get the key are relevant .

Wurm
05-29-2006, 10:52 AM
??????

I thought del Sol ========== CRX j/p

And for everyone who's telling him to get a spare key, it's kinda too late for that. Its already locked I the car, so I believe suggestions on how to get the key are relevant .

no its not you dont need your key to get a spare. Take your title to honda and tell them you lost your key and they will cut you another one

Mr_Mischif
05-29-2006, 10:59 AM

I've got two words for you: COMMON SENSE

Thieves know people will lock their keys in their car, so some might tape a key in their bumper, etc, and that's the first place they look.

But to help the creator of this thread out, I'd say put one of those keypad things on your door. To help you out th next time you do it.

EDIT: Wait...that would be worth more than the car. j/k :D

SL65AMG
05-29-2006, 08:52 PM
no its not you dont need your key to get a spare. Take your title to honda and tell them you lost your key and they will cut you another one

....i just bought the car.... the title and all that shit is in there on the seat.... not smart i know, but if i could take it out i would. :rant: wow....what a cluster fuck. thanks for the recommendations guys.

BigPoppaHurtm
05-29-2006, 09:09 PM
Ok this is out there but I'll throw it out anywayz. Take a PIC of that stuff inside the car and then take THAT to the dealer! It might work. Please dont flame me.

green91
05-30-2006, 05:45 PM
Welcome to why i put keyless entry on all my cars, lol. Lock doors with remote = keys not in car at time of door locking