PDA

View Full Version : just got back from Import Showdown

Stormhammer
05-28-2006, 03:15 PM
woo, cool turnout

I really liked the boosted old school Sentra's ( Halfwit would've loved them ) and this one metallic dark grey Galanta VR-4 ( it was freakin sweet ) - George should have a pic of it up ( he better! ) - also witnessed the Hello Kitty Evo doing a 10 second 1/4 mile.... (btw Tracy is hotter in person :D haha )

Overall there was a pretty nice turnout - although straight out? The 240 and Honda people cant do burnouts worth a shit :lmfao:

oh yea, one of the faster cars there was one of those new Mercede's SUV Nazi looking box thingamabobs - that thing was freakin schweeeet

Wurm
05-28-2006, 03:28 PM
:ttiwwp:

NAIZBST
05-28-2006, 03:36 PM
:stupid:

Stormhammer
05-28-2006, 04:59 PM
pfft you'll have to wait on George for the Import Showdown ones

I only have like 2 cellphone pics of my meet Saturday

4dmin
05-28-2006, 05:08 PM
hell ya i heard the Batl EVO was the fastest car today 10.5 :thinking: and they had a shitty launch from what i heard... 9sec to come :goodjob: !!!

i was told clark ran a high 10 as well.

tony
05-28-2006, 05:13 PM
Damn, what about trap speeds?

Scrappy
05-28-2006, 05:20 PM
^where you been at tony?

Ruiner
05-28-2006, 05:22 PM
pfft you'll have to wait on George for the Import Showdown ones

I only have like 2 cellphone pics of my meet Saturday

Did you enjoy Cleve's GT2? :)

Speedm0(\)key
05-28-2006, 05:24 PM
woo, cool turnout

I really liked the boosted old school Sentra's ( Halfwit would've loved them ) and this one metallic dark grey Galanta VR-4 ( it was freakin sweet ) - George should have a pic of it up ( he better! ) - also witnessed the Hello Kitty Evo doing a 10 second 1/4 mile.... (btw Tracy is hotter in person :D haha )

Overall there was a pretty nice turnout - although straight out? The 240 and Honda people cant do burnouts worth a shit :lmfao:

oh yea, one of the faster cars there was one of those new Mercede's SUV Nazi looking box thingamabobs - that thing was freakin schweeeet

about fucking time that piece of shit evo ran something good. TS ran 10's a year ago

tony
nowhere, I've been around I think.. :thinking:

Actually just been working a lot, wish I could have gone to import showdown.. it looks like there are some really fast cars on IA now.

Speedm0(\)key
hell ya i heard the Batl EVO was the fastest car today 10.5 :thinking: and they had a shitty launch from what i heard... 9sec to come :goodjob: !!!

nitrous does wonders.

namahs
05-28-2006, 05:38 PM
about fucking time that piece of shit evo ran something good. TS ran 10's a year ago

So my evo is a piece of shit now. Blah blah blah

I was very disappionted not to see the ts evo out today. It must be still blown up from there little 10.7 pass.

If you are talking about my evo, no I didn't run nitrous. You would know it if I sprayed it. 10.55 is cute and all but with the spray it will crush the 10.55. I just had to run faster than 10.7 to get my title as the quickest evo in georgia. 4 passes and it was mine. 10.9 off the trailor, not bad for a true 100% street car. I will turn it up if I have to, later hater.

Halfwit
05-28-2006, 05:41 PM
stormhammer! i was ther and i liked them... u mean halfbaked would have loved them... i was there for a while ..and drove my friends car few times..... (ef grey with cf fenders and hood) it was fun but hot in the car with windows up.

2.3 Evo 8
05-28-2006, 05:44 PM
Who won AWD class?

namahs
05-28-2006, 05:49 PM
Who won AWD class?

I think matt hodge, front wheel drive srt4.

Ruiner
05-28-2006, 06:04 PM

Yeah, Clark is faster than that...

Speedm0(\)key
05-28-2006, 06:10 PM
So my evo is a piece of shit now. Blah blah blah

I was very disappionted not to see the ts evo out today. It must be still blown up from there little 10.7 pass.

If you are talking about my evo, no I didn't run nitrous. You would know it if I sprayed it. 10.55 is cute and all but with the spray it will crush the 10.55. I just had to run faster than 10.7 to get my title as the quickest evo in georgia. 4 passes and it was mine. 10.9 off the trailor, not bad for a true 100% street car. I will turn it up if I have to, later hater.

dude.. im not a hater. i just think yoru shop is shit. and people are congratulating a shop that should have ran 10's long ago.. its quite sad really, but its cool bust balls on my 12.40's all you want lol. faggot

or i could always take my car to ya for an oil pump and get a $3300 invoice.. that'd probably be a bit more convenient for ya wouldnt it?

Halfwit
05-28-2006, 06:15 PM
uh oh...........

RandomGuy
05-28-2006, 06:17 PM
lolol ^ he likes getting banned

tony
05-28-2006, 06:22 PM

Not flaming in any kind of way, serious question here. How is the driveability of your Evo as a street car? Do you have to make any minor changes or do you drive it home exactly as it was at the track?

RandomGuy
05-28-2006, 06:23 PM
Not flaming in any kind of way, serious question here. How is the driveability of your Evo as a street car? Do you have to make any minor changes or do you drive it home exactly as it was at the track?
i'm sure they dont drive at the same boost

The BUCKY
05-28-2006, 06:24 PM
nice time on the evo. you havent really even tried to run the evo at the track so its not like it matters that they just got it into the tens. it is her daily anyways.

2.3 Evo 8
05-28-2006, 06:26 PM
:goodjob:

Will and TS are not associated with each other so taking a "pop" shot at them because of someone else's opinion is very unprofessional. Keep the beef between you and Will. Leave TS out of it.

It's funny you think TS bad mouths you, but every time I'm at their shop and your name or shop name comes up they are very professional about it and are in no way derogatory. In fact if somebody does start "bad mouthing" your shop, they tell the person there is no room for drama in their place of business and to stop bad mouthing you. Did you know this? I bet you didn't!

Maybe you should stop listening to all the hype and BS people tell you because as the saying goes "believe half of what you see and NONE of what you hear".

On a side note, that is a very impressive time you ran. Congrats to you and Tracy. :goodjob:

Speedm0(\)key
05-28-2006, 06:38 PM
^ yeah dan.. lets keep it in between ME and YOU bitch.

Stormhammer
05-28-2006, 06:47 PM
stormhammer! i was ther and i liked them... u mean halfbaked would have loved them... i was there for a while ..and drove my friends car few times..... (ef grey with cf fenders and hood) it was fun but hot in the car with windows up.

hmm... whoops lol - yea halfbaked... stupid half people :D I was actualyl wondering if he was there cause a white Sentra was in the lot

btw - the whole FREE ECU
FLASH! on Tracy's window... kinda catches your eyes if you somehow NOT see the ECU part :lmfao:

Julio
05-28-2006, 06:59 PM
I dont know why Will is bashing BG about there 10 second run.. I mean, BG already had a 8 sec car and all.. I think 1st import from GA to hit a 8's at the time.
Anyways... At this time, BG has the fastest EVO, until then.. everyone needs to Shut the fuck.

Nemesis
05-28-2006, 07:03 PM
Im so fucking burned.... I was about to pass out , out there.

Halfwit
05-28-2006, 07:04 PM
u were fucking on that assphalt all day with all the engine/ tire heat..damn....

Nemesis
05-28-2006, 07:05 PM
u were fucking on that assphalt all day with all the engine/ tire heat..damn....

Dude no joke, I almost blacked out when I got up at one point. I had to go sit in the truck to cool down for 20 minutes.

Ill have all my coverage up later tonight.

Halfwit
05-28-2006, 07:08 PM
Dude no joke, I almost blacked out when I got up at one point. I had to go sit in the truck to cool down for 20 minutes.

Ill have all my coverage up later tonight.
thats sweet.. it took me a while to notice it was u, eben after i had drove right by u..lol

awaiting pics..yours are always the best

Nemesis
05-28-2006, 07:15 PM
Probably couldnt notice me because I was fucking idiot today wearing a black shirt and long pants :lmao:

namahs
05-28-2006, 07:19 PM
Tell you what Tony since you were nice with what you asked, if you have time meet me at the shop on Tuesady and we can ride in the evo......at 30 lbs of boost. It drives so awesome. It actually gets good gas mileage if you don't boost it at every red light. The clutch is a dream, feels stock.

I hope you take me up on it :)

Tracy

KevinT707
05-28-2006, 07:22 PM
Just got back, took a shower & I'm in heaven.. Had a great time, can't complain. Well except for the 100 degree weather with the windows up!

Halfwit
05-28-2006, 07:25 PM
kevin, u drove great...great shifts

Member31410
05-28-2006, 07:26 PM
Just got back, took a shower & I'm in heaven.. Had a great time, can't complain. Well except for the 100 degree weather with the windows up!

Watch out for them tires that mysteriously pop up from the ground. http://forums.importatlanta.com/images/smilies/biggrin.gif

I had an alright time. Somehow I made it to the semi's in Modified then I got whooped. Next time grasshopper...

tony
05-28-2006, 07:35 PM
Tell you what Tony since you were nice with what you asked, if you have time meet me at the shop on Tuesady and we can ride in the evo......at 30 lbs of boost. It drives so awesome. It actually gets good gas mileage if you don't boost it at every red light. The clutch is a dream, feels stock.

I hope you take me up on it :)

Tracy

Unfortunately I have to work tuesday but I appreciate the offer. I only ask because whatever I choose next I'd like a good amount of horsepower, just wondered how the driveability is when you're runnings 10's in an Evo.

namahs
05-28-2006, 07:53 PM
My evo has a lot of drivability tuning done to it since I do actually drive it everyday. Dan gets a base map going and then tunes the drivability sitting on the couch at home. He just smooths the map all out. Obviously, the average person would have to pay for tuning. It has many hours of this in it. Whoever buys it is getting a great value on that part

All in all I think dan would say with an AEM and a good tuner you can get good drivability out of most high hp cars. The parameters on the AEM are very abundant.
In my experience most people would rather tune for power and the leave the drivability out to conserve money.

4dmin
05-28-2006, 08:01 PM

stop being a bitch will, you sound like a bitch cheerleader your always talking BS about. who gives a shit about any other shop BG again now holds the title :goodjob:

namahs
05-28-2006, 08:19 PM
^ yeah dan.. lets keep it in between ME and YOU bitch.

Cool, whatcha wanna do then. U wanna beat my ass? You wanna beat tracys ass? Slander me and my business in public? Talk shit about my girlfriend? Tell people batlground sucks? Try and make us go out of business? Just plain be a dick to everyone?

Oh shit, you already did all that except beat mine and tracys ass. Let me know if you want to get that overwith too.

Well, you already were face to face with tracy and didn't say shit to her. So who is the pussy?

Halfwit
05-28-2006, 08:21 PM
so how bout that import showdown......lol

dont mind me, proceed with the slander / ish talking...

Dragonfly5338
05-28-2006, 08:30 PM
I think matt hodge, front wheel drive srt4.

srt4 won the AWD class? lol that's a new one. the only ones i know of are clark that won the showdown class and bg's evo took the modified street class. dunno about the awd/fwd/rwd classes - although i think the winning time in the awd class was a 12.0? we could have ganked them, phil, LOL.

haha congrats to all the winners. tracy if you ran that time, hells yeah!!

on another note - let's try and keep it civil, huh? no need to bash topspeed or their evo since nothing was said by them. just keep it on the showdown, lol. :D

silviadriftr
05-28-2006, 08:32 PM
The 240 and Honda people cant do burnouts worth a shit :lmfao: :rly:

Tank
05-28-2006, 10:03 PM
damn be civilized people the evo ran a great time who drove it though for real "not being a smart ass" i really dont know if it was tracy or someone else and congradts clark for winning the SHOWDOWN event period both shops produced great times regardless, but on another note who owns the white supra ive never seen it before

tony
05-28-2006, 10:12 PM
damn be civilized people the evo ran a great time who drove it though for real "not being a smart ass" i really dont know if it was tracy or someone else and congradts clark for winning the SHOWDOWN event period both shops produced great times regardless, but on another note who owns the white supra ive never seen it before

I'm thinking thats Mark, (Mogallo on here) he has an NA-T that is pretty fast.. but I could be mistaken. It looks like his though

Big Baller
05-28-2006, 10:21 PM
The white supra is a BG customer, but I dont know his name. Very nice guy, small single setup with an auto.

KevinT707
05-28-2006, 10:24 PM
I'm thinking thats Mark, (Mogallo on here) he has an NA-T that is pretty fast.. but I could be mistaken. It looks like his though
Nahh, Mark did come today but he didn't race his white Supra.

tony
05-28-2006, 10:24 PM
I dont think Marks car is automatic, but I do know he is a BG customer and he has a single setup.

edit: okay didnt see the post above

eViLMunkey
05-28-2006, 10:26 PM
I did in my '95 EH Civic...

Big Baller
05-28-2006, 10:29 PM
It wasnt Marks car, I cant remember this guys name, oh wait, his name was Pat.

Tank
05-28-2006, 10:32 PM
still a bad ass car especially if its NA-t gets a hellz yeah from me :goodjob:

Tank
05-28-2006, 10:33 PM
It wasnt Marks car, I cant remember this guys name, oh wait, his name was Pat.
hey is he you know if its TT or Na-t bro :goodjob:

Big Baller
05-28-2006, 10:37 PM
it was a tt, now I think its a 57mm,

Tank
05-28-2006, 10:45 PM
hmmm id like to look closer at his ride for some reason sounds like someone by buddy ran into last weekend

Boosted S60R
05-28-2006, 10:48 PM
Congrats to Bg for a Great run today by a Great shop.

Stormhammer
05-29-2006, 12:11 AM
:rly:

ya rly - alot of them that were there really couldn't - you'd hear and see them rev up and drop their clutches bouncing off their rev limiters attempting to do a burnout and they just end up moving forward slowly ( as in not burning out but tires slowly turning )

CHADbee
05-29-2006, 12:33 AM
hey conquest guys...who had the red one with silver/red factory rims? is his car allright? i ran him and we were even till about an 1/8 and heard a crazy noise then he fell back. like a clunk/banging noise.

Stormhammer
05-29-2006, 12:32 PM
hey conquest guys...who had the red one with silver/red factory rims? is his car allright? i ran him and we were even till about an 1/8 and heard a crazy noise then he fell back. like a clunk/banging noise.

his name is Gary - he's from Texas - and yeah I'd imagine his car is alright ( something probably blew like an oil line or IC pipe ) - one of our guys blew up his tranny there though :(

CHADbee
05-29-2006, 12:47 PM
his name is Gary - he's from Texas - and yeah I'd imagine his car is alright ( something probably blew like an oil line or IC pipe ) - one of our guys blew up his tranny there though :(
i was just checking...cause i fell in love with conquests like 10 years ago cause my dad had a TSi and allways thought i was a great car. i was happy to line up against him :D but ya it did sound like the IC piping poping off now that u said something about it.

Vteckidd
05-29-2006, 02:48 PM
ya rly - alot of them that were there really couldn't - you'd hear and see them rev up and drop their clutches bouncing off their rev limiters attempting to do a burnout and they just end up moving forward slowly ( as in not burning out but tires slowly turning )

IF YOU RUN DRAG RADIALS YOU DON'T HAVE TO BURN THE TIRES. The more tyou heat a drag radial the worse they hook in most cases. Slicks are pretty much the pnly tires you need to burn up. Pleus ther track was shitty either due to the heat or prep.

Dragonfly5338
05-29-2006, 04:17 PM
IF YOU RUN DRAG RADIALS YOU DON'T HAVE TO BURN THE TIRES. The more tyou heat a drag radial the worse they hook in most cases. Slicks are pretty much the pnly tires you need to burn up. Pleus ther track was shitty either due to the heat or prep.

Silver dollar seems to be real hit or miss, sometimes. when it's running good it's a fast ass track. but when it's bad, it's horrid. :eek:

ct9a gsr
05-29-2006, 04:27 PM
it wasn't that bad for traction... I cut a 1.6 60ft =]

silviadriftr
05-29-2006, 04:46 PM
it wasn't that bad for traction... I cut a 1.6 60ft =]

You AWD me RWD. First 20 feet wasn't that bad after that RWD's have only 2 tires turning. LOL!!!!!!!! :D

1439/2000
05-29-2006, 04:55 PM
woo, cool turnout

Kensignton gray. Yeah thats Jenn up in Woodstock, they did my front mount.

Heres a pic from a year ago.

HalfBaked
05-29-2006, 05:00 PM
I wasn't there.

My car still is being built. I'll have it at a track one of these days.

Who won the fwd class? And what times were ran in the finals?

1slodsm
05-29-2006, 07:55 PM
My throughts about Import Showdown:(this is for you Tracy)

Getting into Import Showdown: $10.00

Getting a NASTY ASS HOT DOG: $3.00

Watching Dan Beat that ASS with a 10.5 pass and with only me and 3 other people knowing the Batlground was even going to show up at a Topspeed event....

PRICELESS....

Get you car tuned at a shop X the times show it...

www.batlground.com

namahs
05-29-2006, 08:00 PM
My throughts about Import Showdown:(this is for you Tracy)

Getting into Import Showdown: $10.00

Getting a NASTY ASS HOT DOG: $3.00

Watching Dan Beat that ASS with a 10.5 pass and with eveyone else but me not even knowing the Batlground was even going to show up at a Topspeed event....

PRICELESS....

thanks for the laugh, noboby knew that we were going. Not even us until saturday night.

1slodsm
05-29-2006, 08:02 PM
not a prob tracy or Dan .... throught you would like that one...

CHADbee
05-29-2006, 08:07 PM
Who won the fwd class? And what times were ran in the finals?
this dude with a yellow CRX won FWD class...he was runnin low 12's on street tires and getting no traction what so ever...mastakilla came in 2nd with a 13.

4dmin
05-29-2006, 08:47 PM
thanks for the laugh, noboby knew that we were going. Not even us until saturday night.

i think its time to update the Top 10 1/4 times again :D

B16a2 Civic
05-30-2006, 07:20 AM
you kno how hot it was, and this was in tha mornin

Nemesis
05-30-2006, 07:21 AM
B I didnt see you there !