PDA

View Full Version : Message from VISA

Julio
05-27-2006, 10:38 PM
:rolleyes:

Dear VISA Card Customer,

You have received this email because we have strong reasons to believe that your VISA account had been recently compromised. In order to prevent any fraudulent activity from occurring we are required to open an investigation into this matter.

Per the User Agreement, Section 9, we may immediately issue a warning, temporarily suspend, indefinitely suspend or terminate your membership and refuse to provide our services to you if we believe that your actions may cause financial loss or legal liability for you, our users or us. We may also take these actions if we are unable to verify or authenticate any information you provide to us.

If your account information is not updated within the next 72 hours, then we will assume this account is fraudulent and will be suspended. We apologize for this inconvenience, but the purpose of this verification is to ensure that your VISA account has not been fraudulently used and to combat fraud.

Please login into your account at this link, which is a SSL secured connection:

http://www.visa.com/verified-by-visa/update.htm

Thank you for your prompt attention to this matter. Please understand that this is a security measure meant to help protect you and your account.

Regards,
Safeharbor Department
Visa Card, Inc.

TIGERJC
05-28-2006, 12:29 AM
AMERICAN EXPRESS IS THE SHIT SON

2.0civic
05-28-2006, 01:21 AM
AMERICAN EXPRESS IS THE SHIT SON

not really...

TIGERJC
05-28-2006, 03:23 AM
To me it is. AMEX has looked out for me several times

2.0civic
05-28-2006, 03:39 AM
and amex has WAY more fees then VISA too

David88vert
05-28-2006, 06:12 AM
AMEX is the most worthless company ever. I paid off and cancelled 2 cards with them, then 3 years later, they send a letter saying that I own them for one of the cards. This is AFTER they went ahead and sent it to collections (before contacting me). I had all of my receipts and had my lawyer send copies to them. Then they realized that they were idiots and had no clue how to keep records. I am about to have to sue them to get them to remove the mark they made on my credit report.

NEVER have an AMEX card unless you want to deal with complete bullshit. Any other credit card company (including crappy Chase) is vastly better than AMEX.

BTW - the VISA message is a bogus email. NO legitimate credit card company will contact you asking for your account details. They already have that in the computer system. If anyone ever contacts you (especially by phone), and asks you to verify your information, refuse. It is a common scam. Get the corporate number, their name, extension, etc., then call back on a verified corporate number before discussing anything.

DeutscheBAG!
05-28-2006, 07:55 PM
BTW - the VISA message is a bogus email. NO legitimate credit card company will contact you asking for your account details. They already have that in the computer system. If anyone ever contacts you (especially by phone), and asks you to verify your information, refuse. It is a common scam. Get the corporate number, their name, extension, etc., then call back on a verified corporate number before discussing anything.

i been getting the same bogus emails..one saying that my paypal account needs to be updated,(they asked for my pin # and ss #)
and one saying my Chase account has been tampered with

ironchef
05-28-2006, 07:58 PM
and amex has WAY more fees then VISA tooI dont have an fees with my amex. My visa also doesn't have any fees.

SwurvinIn
05-28-2006, 08:00 PM
yeah thats bs julio...i got the same e-mail and i dont even hold a VISA card..all i have is AMEX and MC....kinda makes you wonder