PDA

View Full Version : Misc Questions for Atheists by Vincent McCann

1439/2000
05-25-2006, 12:20 PM
Why does humanity seem to have an innate desire and need to worship something, or someone? Why is there such a universal religious sense within humanity?

Now, not just Christians are stupid for worshipping something that doesnt exist but millions of buddhists,muslims,hindu,zoroastrians etc are also ignorant. Are you saying they are ignoring the facts?

Isn’t it a bit extreme to assert "God does not exist"? To make such a statement you would have to have complete knowledge and to have been everywhere in the universe. Maybe God dwells somewhere in the universe you don’t know of or have not been to? Is that possible?

What about the evidence of design in all of creation? It is obvious that anything that is designed has to have an intelligent creator. For example, a computer never came about by mere accident, but had to have been thought out and planned by an intelligent designer. It is the same with creation, and more so, as the natural world is far more complicated than anything humanity can create.

How do you explain the changed lives of millions of people throughout history who testify to a life changing experience with Jesus Christ?

How do we account for the historical Person of Jesus Christ? He has made such an impact upon history that we even measure our calendar by Him. 2000 years on and millions still follow Him.

^ Is that BS too?

Now I'm just playing God's advocate I guess.

4dmin
05-25-2006, 12:44 PM
you can play devil/god's advocate to any of those questions...

maybe he exsist, maybe he doesn't?

maybe jesus did, maybe he didn't?

can any be proven? NO, have you or i met god... no... have you ever met jesus(the man)? NO.

metalman
05-25-2006, 12:54 PM
Anyone who has ever tried and TESTED the Word of God, the Bible, will know there is a God and a Christ. The rest of humanity live on in confusion and darkness not sure of anything.

Its like theroizing about advice given on IA on how to fix a Honda....you can argue and give theorys back and forth all you want...but not until you TRY it will you know if its actually true. Most of those who say the Bible isnt true have NO firsthand experience following its principles to make that claim....period. ;)

Hulud
05-25-2006, 12:56 PM
Anyone who has ever tried and TESTED the Word of God, the Bible, will know there is a God and a Christ. The rest of humanity live on in confusion and darkness not sure of anything.
this is all thats wrong with ORGANIZED religion

4dmin
05-25-2006, 01:10 PM
Most of those who say the Bible isnt true have NO firsthand experience following its principles to make that claim....period. ;)

wow almighty metalman and infinite wisdom who knows all non believers... :lmao:

Hulud
05-25-2006, 01:15 PM
wow almighty metalman and infinite wisdom who knows all non believers... :lmao:
hahaha i missed that part of what he said, gotta love assumptions

you know what happens when you assume? LOLOLOL

4dmin
05-25-2006, 01:18 PM
hahaha i missed that part of what he said, gotta love assumptions

you know what happens when you assume? LOLOLOL

ya too bad i left my rain coat and boots at home today :jerkit:

Hulud
05-25-2006, 01:19 PM
ya too bad i left my rain coat and boots at home today :jerkit:
LOL

Decker1.8t
05-25-2006, 01:22 PM
I don't think we'll ever know if god(s) exist or not, but there has been some scientific research done to try and explain WHY god exists. I read a this book a few years back for a research paper. It was a pretty interesting read. Check it out if you're interested.

Why God Won't Go Away : Brain Science and the Biology of Belief
by Andrew Md Newberg, Eugene G. D'Aquili, Vince Rause
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/034544034X/sr=8-6/qid=1148580934/ref=sr_1_6/104-8105656-9145551?%5Fencoding=UTF8

biblethumper
05-25-2006, 03:22 PM
I believe we were created to worship God. That is why we have that desire, but not everyone has the same belief?