PDA

View Full Version : Misc who has had a baptism?

4dmin
05-25-2006, 10:20 AM
who has had a baptism?

Romeyo07
05-25-2006, 11:59 AM
I have

4dmin
05-25-2006, 12:07 PM
I have

finally someone answered :goodjob:

here is quote:

Their faith is NOT in the Book itself but in the its Author

Christians do not get their faith from relics

can you please explain to me how you as a chritian do not have faith in a book yet you do practice its teachings?

collins
05-25-2006, 12:11 PM
imho, thats not a true christian... now i know i'm not one to talk much, as i havent REALLY been practicing lately, but if you call yourself a christian, then you should believe in the "book" that its based on. and from there, let your faith generate your good works/deeds etc.

4dmin
05-25-2006, 12:17 PM
imho, thats not a true christian... now i know i'm not one to talk much, as i havent REALLY been practicing lately, but if you call yourself a christian, then you should believe in the "book" that its based on. and from there, let your faith generate your good works/deeds etc.

ok so collins you have faith in the bible and its teachings? you think christians should have faith in the bible? you see yourself as christian? do you see the bible a relic (a reilgious artifact)? (definition of relic is below)

Something that has survived the passage of time and Something cherished for its age or historic interest

aaronfelipe
05-25-2006, 12:36 PM
I have.

4dmin
05-25-2006, 12:38 PM
feel free to add what you like i'm sure you can see what i posted.

Hulud
05-25-2006, 12:41 PM
i have been baptised

The Yousef
05-25-2006, 12:47 PM
negative

Decker1.8t
05-25-2006, 01:33 PM
I have.

babygurl
05-25-2006, 01:49 PM
I have been baptized....

speedminded
05-25-2006, 02:10 PM
Belief in the book, belief in God, belief in organized religion, and practicing Christianity are all differant things that can be done individually...one without the other :2cents:

biblethumper
05-25-2006, 03:25 PM
I am Christian but the church I attend does not do Baptism but if you want to be baptised that is your right to have done.

collins
05-25-2006, 03:56 PM
ok so collins you have faith in the bible and its teachings? you think christians should have faith in the bible? you see yourself as christian? do you see the bible a relic (a reilgious artifact)? (definition of relic is below)

yes i do have faith in the bible and its teachings... now on another note, i do not agree with all of the interpretations of said teachings out there. i think one should read for one's self, and draw their own conclusions. i feel that if we ALWAYS go by what one particular denomination says, then things might be seen as skewed. again, i feel one should draw their own beliefs from their readings/logic.

metalman
05-25-2006, 04:42 PM
admin is sorely confused on the subject of worship vs. following principles/advice/counsel
He just doesnt get the difference. Its been explained over and over in the simplest manner yet..... :rolleyes: Oh well, maybe someday the light in his head will come on. ;)

People who dont even know squat about the Bible or its principles can and do get baptized. Some get baptized merely because theyve been told to do so, some for other reasons.

Once again admin...your theory sinks like a rock. :D :goodjob:

4dmin
05-25-2006, 05:06 PM
admin is sorely confused on the subject of worship vs. following principles/advice/counsel
He just doesnt get the difference. Its been explained over and over in the simplest manner yet..... :rolleyes: Oh well, maybe someday the light in his head will come on. ;)

People who dont even know squat about the Bible or its principles can and do get baptized. Some get baptized merely because theyve been told to do so, some for other reasons.

Once again admin...your theory sinks like a rock. :D :goodjob:

i guess my theory fits right there w/ your idea of what CHRISTIANS do/don't do... for someone who seems to know everything its funny how other christians view the bible as a relic and base their faith off of it... i guess you possibly the only person alive who just out of the blue had this idea of god w/o any influence of the bible... man it must feel great to be as perfect as you. :goodjob:

babygurl
05-25-2006, 05:19 PM
Someone please explain baptism....

They I have come to believe it as you are washing your sins as a person, in the flesh...

metalman
05-25-2006, 05:29 PM
i guess my theory fits right there w/ your idea of what CHRISTIANS do/don't do... for someone who seems to know everything its funny how other christians view the bible as a relic and base their faith off of it... i guess you possibly the only person alive who just out of the blue had this idea of god w/o any influence of the bible... man it must feel great to be as perfect as you. :goodjob:

Actually your theory is like much of what you post in THIS forum...confusion.

I am sorry youre threatened by any of my knowlege. Its interesting (and telling as well) that whenever your arguments fall apart you resort to calling me a "know it all". I dont know it all, just enough to show your lack of knowlege about the Bible and what true Christianity really consists of. :goodjob: If you were really smart you'd stop condemning me and study to see if I am right. Many others in this world, some even on this board, know exactly what I am talking about...even if you dont. :)

metalman
05-25-2006, 05:33 PM
Someone please explain baptism....

They I have come to believe it as you are washing your sins as a person, in the flesh...

Biblical baptism is a ritual that symbolizes being crucified with Christ, putting away your old life of sin, and being raised with Christ into newness of life, walking with Him. Its done as an outward public sign of your acceptance of Christ.
BTW, baptism by sprinkling or of babies is not Biblical. Thats an adaptation of pagan practice.

There may be other definitions from other sources/religions.

~The_Duke~
05-25-2006, 05:53 PM
I have had one, but I have since decided that chirstanity is a bunch of shit...no offense to the rest of ya...

4dmin
05-25-2006, 07:18 PM
Actually your theory is like much of what you post in THIS forum...confusion.

I am sorry youre threatened by any of my knowlege. Its interesting (and telling as well) that whenever your arguments fall apart you resort to calling me a "know it all". I dont know it all, just enough to show your lack of knowlege about the Bible and what true Christianity really consists of. :goodjob: If you were really smart you'd stop condemning me and study to see if I am right. Many others in this world, some even on this board, know exactly what I am talking about...even if you dont. :)

:jerkit: wow your so right again i'm so threatened by your knowlege... hmmm no not really, the best post you could come up w/ was i'm "confused" bahh ok. i quoted your words. and again your wrong. the bible is a relic and people do base faith on it... the they have faith in the practices such as the baptism... so for one who tries to speak so highly of his knowlege you would think you would learn some of what you read instead of merely reciting :goodjob:

metalman
05-25-2006, 10:38 PM
giberish blah blah blah etc

You have clearly proven in this subject discussion that you have little or no grasp on what worship is, especially in the Biblical sense.
Youre good at asking questions then pissing on the answers (as are a few others), also pissing on those who give the answers when they dont give the answer you want or prefer.

This questioning is also a method of "baiting" which can backfire when you dont "catch" what you want...and often your bait questions do just that.

Its also indeed interesting that when the same people who you say are so full of it happen to agree with you then they are practically genius..........and I quote....

dude you are a fucking wealth of knowledge, i think you are a walking dictionary for theology +20
Then, when I give thoughtful answers that don't suit you, or refute your foundation, suddenly I am a "know it all" and have "high opinion" of myself.
I guess the key is always agreeing with you no matter how ridiculous and unfounded your position may happen to be on a given day or subject. :rolleyes:

I do think one day a light will go on in your mind and much of what we've discussed will make sense even if it doesnt now.

But you know what? To be really honest, outside of matching wits in this religion forum debate, in the larger sense our comparative knowlege matters little.....
Its not what we know but how much we live up to what we know that we all will be judged by. ;)

4dmin
05-26-2006, 07:16 AM
You have clearly proven in this subject discussion that you have little or no grasp on what worship is, especially in the Biblical sense.
Youre good at asking questions then pissing on the answers (as are a few others), also pissing on those who give the answers when they dont give the answer you want or prefer.

i don't have a grasp on "worship" i didn't know we were dicussing worship... oh ya i forgot you jumped in this thread to have a pissing contest b/c you didn't like i quoted you from previous thread. ok lets gets this straight, you jumped in this thread attacking me on my credibility b/c i quoted you. do you feel better now?

This questioning is also a method of "baiting" which can backfire when you dont "catch" what you want...and often your bait questions do just that.

Its also indeed interesting that when the same people who you say are so full of it happen to agree with you then they are practically genius..........and I quote....

there is nothing baited in my questioning, i am merely showing you the facts that other "christians" do not view things exactly as you try to think "CHRISTIANS DO/DONOT"... straight forward questions got straight forward answers. you just don't like your words being used against you.

furthermore, i don't just agree w/ people that have the same opinion i've mention many a time your extensive knowlege on the matter the problem w/ you is it goes to your head and when you butt heads w/ someone you are ultimately right.

Then, when I give thoughtful answers that don't suit you, or refute your foundation, suddenly I am a "know it all" and have "high opinion" of myself.
I guess the key is always agreeing with you no matter how ridiculous and unfounded your position may happen to be on a given day or subject. again please show me and the rest of the board where you posted anything constructive to the thread and i quote your first post "admin is sorely confused on the subject of worship vs. following principles/advice/counsel" we are not discussing worship we are discussing Baptism. You cleary have issues w/ moving on.

Its not what we know but how much we live up to what we know that we all will be judged by. ok... in that case you better step up your game. :goodjob:

metalman
05-26-2006, 07:53 AM
i don't have a grasp on "worship" i didn't know we were dicussing worship...

Therein lies your problem. :goodjob:

ok... in that case you better step up your game. :goodjob:

Once again, you pretend to judge what you are completely incapable of judging...now or ever. ;)

AtifSajid
05-26-2006, 07:53 AM
Biblical baptism is a ritual that symbolizes being crucified with Christ, putting away your old life of sin, and being raised with Christ into newness of life, walking with Him. Its done as an outward public sign of your acceptance of Christ.
BTW, baptism by sprinkling or of babies is not Biblical. Thats an adaptation of pagan practice.

There may be other definitions from other sources/religions.

I dont want to get in any kind of arguement over religion with you, but WOW Baptism symbolizes what Jesus went through?!!?!?!? Man I dont even want to get into this...

metalman
05-26-2006, 07:59 AM
again please show me and the rest of the board where you posted anything constructive to the thread and i quote your first post "admin is sorely confused on the subject of worship vs. following principles/advice/counsel" we are not discussing worship we are discussing Baptism. You cleary have issues w/ moving on.

:

Sorry dude, your premise in asking this question was yet another weak attempt to prove the Christians worship the Bible by following its counsel.
I think you made that abundantly clear.

Also, I need not show you and the rest of the board anything. But thanks for asking. :)

metalman
05-26-2006, 08:02 AM
I dont want to get in any kind of arguement over religion with you, but WOW Baptism symbolizes what Jesus went through?!!?!?!? Man I dont even want to get into this...

I think you may have misunderstood that...at least in part, baptism symbolizes death of the "old" man (life of sin) and being "raised" into newness of life, the Christian walk with Christ.
Death and ressurection are part of it in a symbolic sense.
I am speaking of Biblical baptism here....there may be other types.

4dmin
05-26-2006, 08:42 AM
Once again, you pretend to judge what you are completely incapable of judging...now or ever. actually i can judge who i want i'm not christian i dont' have to follow your rules/belief system; also they were your words so i guess you think you don't have to live by what you preach... hmm fitting :goodjob:

Sorry dude, your premise in asking this question was yet another weak attempt to prove the Christians worship the Bible by following its counsel.
I think you made that abundantly clear.
actually no your wrong. i was proving that your statements were false, that is why i quoted them for any misunderstanding but again your infinate wisdom didn't catch that it lead you to believe i had other intentions... sucks for you, you look like an ass again. ;)

metalman
05-26-2006, 09:07 AM
actually i can judge who i want i'm not christian i dont' have to follow your rules/belief system; also they were your words so i guess you think you don't have to live by what you preach... hmm fitting :goodjob:

;)

Those "rules" are not a matter of choice. Your belief changes nothing even one little bit.
You or I have no ability to judge another, its not possible regardless of belief.
I have never judged you. I know better. You have the notion that if you don't beleive in something it doesnt apply to you. That couldnt be farther from reality. But keep dreaming that way if it suits you. ;)

4dmin
05-26-2006, 09:15 AM
Those "rules" are not a matter of choice. Your belief changes nothing even one little bit.
You or I have no ability to judge another, its not possible regardless of belief.
I have never judged you. I know better. You have the notion that if you don't beleive in something it doesnt apply to you. That couldnt be farther from reality. But keep dreaming that way if it suits you. all rules are choice, i can judge who i want, i dont' try to hold myself to the laws of a book, and your one to talk about judging :lmao: holy shit i dont' even need to quote some of the things you've posted.

do you think that my god will hold you acountable no matter what you believe? NO. b/c you dont' believe in my god. so who is dreaming; sounds like you need to follow the shit that spills off your tongue.

metalman
05-26-2006, 09:23 AM
Keep dreaming. :)
You can attempt to judge whomever you wish, your attempt is totally in vain however.
You dont possess any power to make it a reality. No human does. And youre no exception.

Ultimate Judgement is coming for all of us regardless of our/your opinions of it.
Alas, time will tell .....

4dmin
05-26-2006, 09:41 AM
Ultimate Judgement is coming for all of us regardless of our/your opinions of it.
Alas, time will tell .....

oh your right and my god has already spoken your fucked :goodjob: , so who is dreaming now? i have to comply to your rules and your god, but if i say the same i'm wrong your right :thinking: who is judging who here? ok.

biblethumper
05-26-2006, 09:47 AM
Ok look Metal.... I am a Christian. Paul is not. Seems to me like you are trying to push our religion on him. Paul is a good guy with a great heart. So what if he doesn't have the same beliefs that we do. We are not the ones to judge him.

metalman
05-26-2006, 10:05 AM
I am neither judging Paul or anyone else here. For all I know he might end up in heaven at the side of Christ. I hope he does for that matter. Neither do I think he's an evil person, I actually like him, he's just confused on a few subjects that we discuss from time to time.

I am simply stating that judgement is coming for all....no matter what we think. Its the duty of all christians to share that fact. Its part of the gospel commission.
I am not asking anyone to join my denomination, I belong to none. I am not forcing anyone to do anything....except maybe think about something they'd like to forget and ignore. ;) To be honest, most of us, even me, would prefer not to be accountable, thats a human trait that is a result of sin. Some recognize this and admit it, others don't.

As a history buff I can tell you that in all of history whenever someone speaks the plain truth its rarely recieved with accolades and applause, on the contrary, it generally upsets the apple cart of misguided human dreams and wishes and sometimes even ticks people off. Thats the very nature of truth. People would prefer to be left to their fantasies. I certainly don't expect there to be an exception now. ;)

biblethumper
05-26-2006, 10:12 AM
Well you can only beat a subject to a point until it seems like you are trying to pressure the person you are talking to into believing the same as you. You get what Im trying to say?

babygurl
05-26-2006, 10:16 AM
I am neither judging Paul or anyone else here. For all I know he might end up in heaven at the side of Christ. I hope he does for that matter. Neither do I think he's an evil person, I actually like him, he's just confused on a few subjects that we discuss from time to time.

I am simply stating that judgement is coming for all....no matter what we think. Its the duty of all christians to share that fact. Its part of the gospel commission.
I am not asking anyone to join my denomination, I belong to none. I am not forcing anyone to do anything....except maybe think about something they'd like to forget and ignore. ;) To be honest, most of us, even me, would prefer not to be accountable, thats a human trait that is a result of sin. Some recognize this and admit it, others don't.

As a history buff I can tell you that in all of history whenever someone speaks the plain truth its rarely recieved with accolades and applause, on the contrary, it generally upsets the apple cart of misguided human dreams and wishes and sometimes even ticks people off. Thats the very nature of truth. People would prefer to be left to their fantasies. I certainly don't expect there to be an exception now. ;)

One thing you also have to realize as a Christain, if people dont want to hear it, dont push it. And God always backs up what he says...So please show us proof with scripture of your findings, and truths.

And as a history buff myself, you are correct that the truth alot of people dont want to hear. But the truth is the best way of life. So please show us the truth.

metalman
05-26-2006, 10:24 AM
. And God always backs up what he says...So please show us proof with scripture of your findings, and truths.

Obviously you must have just arrived here, and have not read many posts by me. I have posted much on many subjects and given much proof from the Bible. I don't hesitate to do so. And I agree, God does, and will back up what He says. :)

babygurl
05-26-2006, 10:32 AM
Obviously you must have just arrived here, and have not read many posts by me. I have posted much on many subjects and given much proof from the Bible. I don't hesitate to do so. And I agree, God does, and will back up what He says. :)

Actually you are correct I rarely come into this thread and argue over religion..But in the posts that I have seen you havent backed anything up! Now the only posts I have seen was in the Spear of Jesus thread, and the God without bible thread, and the Baptism thread!

metalman
05-26-2006, 10:41 AM
Actually you are correct I rarely come into this thread and argue over religion..But in the posts that I have seen you havent backed anything up! Now the only posts I have seen was in the Spear of Jesus thread, and the God without bible thread, and the Baptism thread!

Thats what I thought..., I understand where youre coming from then. :)

When you have a "history" of discussion with certain people its not always apparent to everyone that might read it.

4dmin
05-26-2006, 11:44 AM
Thats what I thought..., I understand where youre coming from then. :)

When you have a "history" of discussion with certain people its not always apparent to everyone that might read it.

ok so what your ultimately admiting is your going to have an agenda w/ any discussion i'm in... ok good clarification. maybe you should just grow up dude. you went from one thread to 3 more just to have a pissing contest w/ me wow. do you feel better now :ky: ?

speedminded
05-26-2006, 12:30 PM

There may be other definitions from other sources/religions.Yes and No, it solely depends on the denomination (or even religion). You seem to be speaking of baptism as an immersion [as baptist churches do]. I'm going to quote this because i'm too lazy to think for myself today, " person baptized by immersion is enclosed under the water and brought out, to signify cleansing through death and burial with Christ, and consequent raising again in newness of life by the Holy Spirit."

What is your denomination or is there one you follow more than another? It sounds like you're antipaedobaptist, against aspersion and other forms of baptism outside of immersion...

metalman
05-26-2006, 12:31 PM
ok so what your ultimately admiting is your going to have an agenda w/ any discussion i'm in... ok good clarification. ?

You've placed meaning upon my words which was neither implied, intended, or stated. :)

I have no agenda specific to you at all. I am just one of the few willing to post in here in the face of your insults and agressive nature. I am willing to be ridiculed by you if that makes you happy. Maybe I deserve it. I have insulted plenty of people in my lifetime. Your general demeanor toward christianity discourage some from posting their thoughts, beliefs, proofs etc, either intentionally or unintentionally. Just not me. :)

My purpose has been stated several times...I post to make people think, and for my own edification/study as well. Mainly I urge people actually study and think for themselves! :)

I think its highly possible, although I cannot know for sure, that one day you might even thank me for doing so. Its certainly within the realm of possibility.

Its obvious you enjoy the "game" of "one upping" via the internet, especally if you can come out on top. So I occasionally "play" that game with you in some fashion.
Face it, not many here will do that. In a former life I would have chewed you up and spitten you out like bad tobacco....I dont expect you to believe that, no one here really knows me or my history...lets just say although you may find me to be abrasive now trust me, you would have avoided any discussion with me in the past. I was NOT a nice guy or one most anyone who knew me would try "one ups" with! Those that did generally lost. I have come a long way...and if you want to say so, I still have a ways to go ;)

I don't think youre a bad person really, as I stated in another post, I like you, I just don't agree with some of your ideas and will on occasion post accordingly to give the other side.

Theres hope for all....even you and I.

Peace!

Oh and today is my birthday and I am older then dirt so happy b-day to me ;)

metalman
05-26-2006, 12:33 PM
Yes and No, it solely depends on the denomination (or even religion). You seem to be speaking of baptism as an immersion [as baptist churches do]. I'm going to quote this because i'm too lazy to think for myself today, " person baptized by immersion is enclosed under the water and brought out, to signify cleansing through death and burial with Christ, and consequent raising again in newness of life by the Holy Spirit."

What is your denomination or is there one you follow more than another? It sounds like you're antipaedobaptist, against aspersion and other forms of baptism outside of immersion...

That would be Biblical baptism. There is only one Bible, which has one form and description of baptism. Some follow that, some dont, regardless of denomination.

I am of no demoniational affiliation.

4dmin
05-26-2006, 12:41 PM
You've placed meaning upon my words which was neither implied, intended, or stated. :)

I have no agenda specific to you at all. I am just one of the few willing to post in here in the face of your insults and agressive nature. I am willing to be ridiculed by you if that makes you happy. Maybe I deserve it. I have insulted plenty of people in my lifetime. Your general demeanor toward christianity discourage some from posting their thoughts, beliefs, proofs etc, either intentionally or unintentionally. Just not me. :)

My purpose has been stated several times...I post to make people think, and for my own edification/study as well. Mainly I urge people actually study and think for themselves! :)

I think its highly possible, although I cannot know for sure, that one day you might even thank me for doing so. Its certainly within the realm of possibility.

Its obvious you enjoy the "game" of "one upping" via the internet, especally if you can come out on top. So I occasionally "play" that game with you in some fashion.
Face it, not many here will do that. In a former life I would have chewed you up and spitten you out like bad tobacco....I dont expect you to believe that, no one here really knows me or my history...lets just say although you may find me to be abrasive now trust me, you would have avoided any discussion with me in the past. I was NOT a nice guy or one most anyone who knew me would try "one ups" with! Those that did generally lost. I have come a long way...and if you want to say so, I still have a ways to go ;)

I don't think youre a bad person really, as I stated in another post, I like you, I just don't agree with some of your ideas and will on occasion post accordingly to give the other side.

Theres hope for all....even you and I.

Peace!

Oh and today is my birthday and I am older then dirt so happy b-day to me ;)

thanx for the kind words, but i am a no BS type guy i post what i want to say people can take it as they will... i'm very opinionated to people who disagree w/ me its a known fact, but you have to be strong or you will not survive ;) sometimes what i say doesn't come out the way i want either, i have never been one for grammer thats why i'm an IT guy. the internet dulls passion/meaning/sarcasim behind words.

it is a game, this is the internet, it ultimatly is a business for me... i post invoke disucssion post create hits, hits create $. i appreciate a good discussion it kills the time clock at work ;)

happy bday, i just celebrated my 50th in feb ;) (long story)

biblethumper
05-26-2006, 02:27 PM
Happy Birthday.

I am also non denominational

speedminded
05-26-2006, 03:25 PM
I am neither judging Paul or anyone else here. For all I know he might end up in heaven at the side of Christ. I hope he does for that matter. Neither do I think he's an evil person, I actually like him, he's just confused on a few subjects that we discuss from time to time.Confusion is thinking you can tell someone they are wrong when NOBODY ever will know who or what is right or wrong when it comes to religion.

Confusion is the 100+ contradictions in the bible. From the creation of the world to who was Jesus' father?

Confusion is trying to interpret something that was started 3,400 years ago, over 900-1,100 years passed around as stories, then written in Hebrew & Greek then into to Latin, a language it was in for nearly 1,000 years before being translated to English...

Try this, take a small group of people and whisper one sentence between each other and see what the end result is, now take that and spread it out over a thousand years...for those that live by only the bible, they are the ones that are confused.

4dmin
05-26-2006, 03:52 PM
^ wow you get a * for the post of the day

metalman
05-26-2006, 04:33 PM
Confusion is thinking you can tell someone they are wrong when NOBODY ever will know who or what is right or wrong when it comes to religion.

Try this, take a small group of people and whisper one sentence between each other and see what the end result is, now take that and spread it out over a thousand years...for those that live by only the bible, they are the ones that are confused.

Obviously you have no concept of how God works. Your human chain scenario doesnt work within the Kingdom of Heaven. Thats okay, I understand where you are coming from.

Also, God has clearly revealed His will and truth to ANY WHO SEEK it. Its a promise from Him that is honored EVERY TIME.
To those who never seek it or doubt it or dont care about it, etc it all only seems like confusion. Your opinion is a good example of this...along with admins. Youre both entitled to your opinions no matter how incorrect it may be.

I shudder to think how those who doubt Gods Word will feel when the day comes that He reveals Himself in His Glory...hmm.......I already have a pretty good idea and description of that...and its not a positive one. The despair and regret that many will feel will be beyond description. Its not nessessary that anyone experience that. Its all about choice.

For ANY who honestly seek truth, seek Christ, they shall find Him....

And ye shall seek me, and find me, when ye shall search for me with all your heart. Jer. 29:13

Give not that which is holy unto the dogs, neither cast ye your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet, and turn again and rend you.
Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you: For every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened. Matt 7:6-8

Romeyo07
07-03-2006, 01:59 PM
A "challenge" I pass to non believers is based upon that very scripture you posted about calling upon God and Him answering. If you really want to know Him, just ask Him to show Himself to you. If you don't care to know, then I guess that's your decision. What do you have to lose? If you never see something from your request, no harm no foul, right?

ahmonrah
07-21-2006, 12:13 AM
i've been baptised a few times....didnt keep a gun outta my face on 2 occasions and nearly killed once. ehh....the same day a crow shit on my head....oh well..

Romeyo07
07-21-2006, 08:00 AM
What does your baptism have to do with getting a gun pulled on you?

Hulud
07-21-2006, 08:30 AM
i've been baptised a few times....didnt keep a gun outta my face on 2 occasions and nearly killed once. ehh....the same day a crow shit on my head....oh well..
pwnt

speedminded
07-21-2006, 11:31 AM
A "challenge" I pass to non believers is based upon that very scripture you posted about calling upon God and Him answering. If you really want to know Him, just ask Him to show Himself to you. If you don't care to know, then I guess that's your decision. What do you have to lose? If you never see something from your request, no harm no foul, right?For the believers there's no reason to call upon him or expect a reply...open your eyes and see the world: see the plants & trees, the mountains, the animals, the creeks, rivers, and oceans, etc and you realize his presense...BUT that leads to it doesn't matter if you believe or not, whether you have been baptised or not, or if you go to church or not and anyone that tries to force their beliefs upon someone is not who or what they claim to be...just respect the things i mentioned, whether you think a single being created them or they evolved to what you see today, including people and be caring and considerate of others when at all possible and go about your life. Rough times come upon everyone, regardless of what you believe in...all that matters is how you deal with it.

ahabion
07-21-2006, 03:13 PM
to simply answer the question about what baptism is, metalman hit it right on the head.

Its a practice to show that you are laying down your old life and being raised up with a new life with Jesus Christ. Soooo... you are laying down your old life, which was yours... the life you knew before was yours.... and now.... you are raised with a new life... so the life that you once had is now gone, laid to rest, while the new life is no longer yours but is Christ's life... so you no longer live for yourself, but for christ.

BlkCD5
08-31-2006, 12:21 AM
I've been baptized twice already