PDA

View Full Version : Interesting Idea

tony
05-22-2006, 09:08 PM
http://www.milliondollarhomepage.com/blog-archive.php

Check out this blog, basically the kid made $1million in a year from selling pixels for advertising.. pretty damn amazing. This is his first entry

Friday 26th Aug 2005
The Million Dollar Homepage is launched

So I had this little idea the other day. I was trying to think of interesting ways to make some cash before going to Uni (which is in about a month's time) and somehow this crazy thought entered my head: I'll try and make a million dollars, by selling 1,000,000 pixels, for $1 each.
And so 'The Million Dollar Homepage' is born...

I thought, this could be something crazy enough to work! Because I think people like crazy/quirky ideas. If this captures people's imaginations and people check out the site, then the pixels on the homepage will have value - and people will buy them (to display their ads etc). That's the theory anyway. The way I see it though: I've got nothing to lose by trying. And I'm sure it'll be fun.

So anyway, I've spent the last few days building the site, registering the domain name, and working out a plan. I love making plans. And here is the result. Check out the freshly made FAQ for all the answers you'll ever need, and don't hesitate to buy some pixels!

A year later he has tons of press coverage and $1,037,100 richer

TheSnail
05-22-2006, 09:19 PM
This is one of those things you read then say "Damn! Why didnt I think of that!" Then you grab a beer out of depression from a reflection of your own life.

slowrolla97
05-22-2006, 09:20 PM
Yeah i knew about this for a while. ^^^^ agreed

Bishop
05-22-2006, 09:25 PM
thats amazing....