PDA

View Full Version : for all of the IA h8ters!!!

4dmin
05-22-2006, 07:30 PM
THE TOP 10 FASTEST IA MEMBERS ARE 10 SEC OR BETTER :goodjob:

http://forums.importatlanta.com/showthread.php?t=30046&page=1&pp=20
1. AAP (Chris A. (red supra) -------- 8.19 @ 166Mph
2. Batlground (Dan W. (supra) -------- 8.58@ 168mph
3. Mahdavi (Sam M. (supra) -------- 9.40 @ 148mph
4. AAP (Yamil W. (blue supra) -------- 9.63 @148mph
5. ISP (Peter H. (civic) -------- 9.904 @ 149mph
6. 93H22ACX -------- 10.6 @ 132mph
7. Trinh -------- 10.6 @ ???
8. TS Evo-------- 10.7 @ 135mph
9. anothaRRR -------- 10.8 @126mph
10. RUSH -------- 10.968 @ 126.83mph

Julio
05-22-2006, 07:32 PM
TS are not a member of IA.. shit they hate this site. lol

4dmin
05-22-2006, 07:34 PM
^ na doug was until he got banned... but they are still registered users, they just can't post ;)

~The_Duke~
05-22-2006, 07:40 PM
:lmao: alot of supras there...

Z33_kid
05-22-2006, 07:42 PM
damn supras

Tracy
05-22-2006, 07:44 PM
freaking ricers

The Yousef
05-22-2006, 07:47 PM
...why aren't i on the list?

:rant:

gijoe0720
05-22-2006, 07:48 PM
...why aren't i on the list?

:rant:

cause you have a slow ass prelude

The Yousef
05-22-2006, 07:49 PM
cause you have a slow ass prelude

.....ahhh

good point:(

AWDDSM
05-22-2006, 08:15 PM
this is 1/4 mile?

green91
05-22-2006, 08:28 PM
yes

TheSnail
05-22-2006, 09:00 PM
What if you had an 8sec car, and right before you got to the finish line, you slamed on the brakes, so you would have a 10.xx sec @ 87mph. That would fuck everyone up. You could show people your time slip and they still would not belive you lol. I would do it if I had a 8sec car.

PS- Oh and you can add me to the list tomorrow. Ill take pictures then.

carrascopa
05-22-2006, 09:33 PM
y would u claim those guys as IAers when i know yamil nor chris ever post here??

Dragonfly5338
05-22-2006, 09:53 PM
TS are not a member of IA.. shit they hate this site. lol

Hahaha no they don't. If yall still hold a grudge after this long, there's a problem. Nobody mentions, talks about or bitches about IA over there, I promise. Is WAY old news. ;)

4dmin
05-22-2006, 10:08 PM
y would u claim those guys as IAers when i know yamil nor chris ever post here??

b/c every one of them have been members of this site at one point in time... :goodjob: , no matter how often they post they still read or post in some fashion. I know yamil has been on here for some time.

Stormhammer
05-22-2006, 10:15 PM
you guys should post pics of each car

I've seen the ISP one

Julio
05-22-2006, 11:21 PM
If you ask me , this is what I would say.

1. Batlground (Dan W. (supra) -------- 8.58@ 168mph
2. Mahdavi (Sam M. (supra) -------- 9.40 @ 148mph
3. ISP (Peter H. (civic) -------- 9.904 @ 149mph
4. 93H22ACX -------- 10.6 @ 132mph
5. Trinh -------- 10.6 @ ???
6. anothaRRR -------- 10.8 @126mph
7. RUSH -------- 10.968 @ 126.83mph

5thgcelica
05-22-2006, 11:23 PM
i say we do a top 10 slowest....

lol.. i know id be on that one..hahah

Wurm
05-22-2006, 11:50 PM
lol my car would overheat before it hit the finish line

gijoe0720
05-22-2006, 11:51 PM
I could sprint the 1/4 mile faster than them cars.

B18c1Turboed
05-23-2006, 11:01 AM
All from ISP crew

Like the Songs Says : WHERE COMING FOR THAT NUMBER 1 SPOT!!!
Ludacris

Nemesis
05-23-2006, 11:03 AM
Ludricaus

got the bootleg album I see lol

PhAtBoYMr2
05-23-2006, 11:05 AM
that list would be much better if most of those cars werent shop built or sponserd cars, it would be better if they were actual members rides

Scrilla
05-23-2006, 11:07 AM
got the bootleg album I see lol

hahhahahhaa.....:lmfao: +1...

:lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao:

B18c1Turboed
05-23-2006, 11:13 AM
that list would be much better if most of those cars werent shop built or sponserd cars, it would be better if they were actual members rides

Well im sorry to say NONE of ISP cars are SPONSORED cars. These are actual memebers cars that are built in are own garages exept for peters since he owns a actual shop!! And none of ISP cars are shop built there built by us.

BUt AAP, BG,and Mahdavi are all Sponsored cars. so too have 4 out of that list as the fastest in GA and not be sponsored feels good too us!! :goodjob:

PhAtBoYMr2
05-23-2006, 11:14 AM
Well im sorry to say NONE of ISP cars are SPONSORED cars. These are actual memebers cars that are built in are own garages exept for peters since he owns a actual shop!! And none of ISP cars are shop built there built by us.

BUt AAP, BG,and Mahdavi are all Sponsored cars. so too have 4 out of that list as the fastest in GA and not be sponsored feels good too us!! :goodjob:

werd, my thoughts exactly.

93H22ACX
05-23-2006, 11:19 AM
we're sponsored by our none-racing day jobs for cash flow and each other for help on rebuilds, travle, and sugesstions :)

We all have regular jobs that are outside of the racing industry except for Peter.

most of us even get yelled at by our wife because we spend too much money on our cars :D

PhAtBoYMr2
05-23-2006, 11:22 AM
we're sponsored by our none-racing day jobs for cash flow and each other for help on rebuilds, travle, and sugesstions :)

We all have regular jobs that are outside of the racing industry except for Peter.

most of us even get yelled at by our wife because we spend too much money on our cars :D

yeah peter is mad cool, i met him a long time ago at tigers shop when he still had the mk3 supra with the blitz wheels. maybe 3-4 years ago.. I have mad respect for I.S.P after seeing most of the cars come out there like trinhs car and peters hatch....

But shit, if you guys would like to test build an mr2 lmk.... :D

PhAtBoYMr2
05-23-2006, 11:25 AM
and where is clarks supra??? he should be on that list for having a non-sponserd race car.

B18c1Turboed
05-23-2006, 11:38 AM
you guys should post pics of each car

I've seen the ISP one

All of ISP cars

boosted1jz
05-23-2006, 11:44 AM
i wanna be on the list!!!! :D

Miranda
05-23-2006, 12:13 PM
I think what Paul meant was that unlike what many "haters" say, IA does have some fast cars. He's not saying those members are haters.

I, for one, would love to see IA get more involved with motorsports in general. If anyone's interested, I need a good pit crew starting next spring. :D

~ Miranda

Big Baller
05-23-2006, 12:30 PM
Why should Peter or Dan get less credit than anyone else. Just because they own a shop.

I dont know about Peter but I know that all the money for Dans Supra came out of his pocket. I dont think anyone gave him anything that made the car go anyfaster.

Big Baller
05-23-2006, 12:31 PM
Ludacris

Ill race you there.

4dmin
05-23-2006, 12:40 PM
All from ISP crew

Ludacris

all i know is its pretty dayum amazing to see the list split w/ 4 bangers taking up 1/2 of the top 10 :goodjob: , no doubt AAP, BATL, ISP, & MAHDAVI :bigok:

B18c1Turboed
05-23-2006, 12:43 PM
Ill race you there.

Let me finish the car and your on!!

And noone took credit away from Dan all there saying is that there sponsored!!
And a sponsored car isnt the same as a everday person,most sponsors pay alot of money to have there name on cars and that helps build the car. Most people
are doing it out there own pockets!!
So there is a HUGE diffrence from a SPONSORED car, to a everday person funds are usally lower!!

1439/2000
05-23-2006, 12:45 PM
What about George from Twisted Tuning? He had some drag 1g dsms a fwd and awd and I think the fwd was in the 10s.

B18c1Turboed
05-23-2006, 12:47 PM
What about George from Twisted Tuning? He had some drag 1g dsms a fwd and awd and I think the fwd was in the 10s.

If where talking about the same crew there all PUSSIES!!
Reason being they set up a race for 1k against peter, we had the money and car at the track and they NEVER SHOWED UP!!!

If its not the same crew,im sorry but im more than sure it is them!!

93H22ACX
sponsored or not.... if its built in house its awsome regardless. :goodjob: cause it also takes a good driver to run them times too... not anyone can jump into a car and run awesome times.

peter works at the shop to get money for his stuff...same as all of us. peter only gets 1 thing..a turbo manifold and everything else is paid for by his blood and sweat....

oh ywah...a good track also

Big Baller
Let me finish the car and your on!!

And noone took credit away from Dan all there saying is that there sponsored!!
And a sponsored car isnt the same as a everday person,most sponsors pay alot of money to have there name on cars and that helps build the car. Most people
are doing it out there own pockets!!
So there is a HUGE diffrence from a SPONSORED car, to a everday person funds are usally lower!!

Just to be clear I said Dan and Peter, I just think people have a very misguided view of how drag racing works. If you do get any money out of sponsors your lucky if it pays your hotel and food bills for the weekend.

Matt

I just dont think anything should be taken away from guys like Peter and Dan who put in a lot and I do me a lot of later hours working on their own cars.

B18c1Turboed
05-23-2006, 12:52 PM
Just to be clear I said Dan and Peter, I just think people have a very misguided view of how drag racing works. If you do get any money out of sponsors your lucky if it pays your hotel and food bills for the weekend.

Matt

I just dont think anything should be taken away from guys like Peter and Dan who put in a lot and I do me a lot of later hours working on their own cars.

Like i said before not taking anything away from them at all,But even if you have a sponsor giving you say 2k thats more than most racers have or get to show up too the races.
Let say Dan gets 5k for anything he wants say hotel, food so forth ok that is being sponsored.
Now lets say Peter gets nothing from any sponors but goes to races and pays for his own hotel and food.
See if he would have had that 5k a sponor gave him it would have helped so he could have put more money in the car and made it faster.

So there is a diffrence in a SPONSORED car and a not sponsored car!!

4dmin
05-23-2006, 01:13 PM
Like i said before not taking anything away from them at all,But even if you have a sponsor giving you say 2k thats more than most racers have or get to show up too the races.
Let say Dan gets 5k for anything he wants say hotel, food so forth ok that is being sponsored.
Now lets say Peter gets nothing from any sponors but goes to races and pays for his own hotel and food.
See if he would have had that 5k a sponor gave him it would have helped so he could have put more money in the car and made it faster.

So there is a diffrence in a SPONSORED car and a not sponsored car!!

this is completely true, but dan's car was built orginally w/ his blood sweat tears... i know for a fact that the original sponsors he had were product, tires, turbo, etc... so ya a sponsored car does have some advantage, but so does shop cars vs. individual cars... but who cares all deserve mad respect. even w/ all the $$$ in the world only a good driver can pull those times... everyone in that top 10 could drive anything to its limit all BS aside. for that they are cool in my book for that. :goodjob:

93H22ACX
05-23-2006, 01:40 PM
this is completely true, but dan's car was built orginally w/ his blood sweat tears... i know for a fact that the original sponsors he had were product, tires, turbo, etc... so ya a sponsored car does have some advantage, but so does shop cars vs. individual cars... but who cares all deserve mad respect. even w/ all the $$$ in the world only a good driver can pull those times... everyone in that top 10 could drive anything to its limit all BS aside. for that they are cool in my book for that. :goodjob:

off topic.. is that you picking ur nose paul BWAHAHHAHA

4dmin
05-23-2006, 01:58 PM
off topic.. is that you picking ur nose paul BWAHAHHAHA

lol ya... i needed a new avatar and thats all i could come up w/ :lmfao:

Ya2Civic
05-24-2006, 10:06 AM
Why is that people always have negative things to say about shop cars. Alot of the times the term being sponsored is taken the wrong way. We may get a free turbo or manifold once in a while but the the majority of the parts and labor are out of the shops pocket. If dan works on his car during the day he is paying for it becuase no matter what car he works on the bills still need to be paid.

In my opinion i think it is more of a challenge for shops to build shop cars because at the end of the day we have been working all day on cars and the last thing you want to continue doing is working on more cars.

I respect the guys who build their cars at home but sometimes it sounds like the feeling is not mutual.

For those that say we are not part of IA FUCK OFF!

Only because i dont have one million post dont mean that i havent been on the forums. By the way i have been a member longer than most of you.

Congrats to the cars pushing those numbers i know it takes a lot of work & money.

B18c1Turboed
05-24-2006, 10:30 AM
Why is that people always have negative things to say about shop cars. Alot of the times the term being sponsored is taken the wrong way. We may get a free turbo or manifold once in a while but the the majority of the parts and labor are out of the shops pocket. If dan works on his car during the day he is paying for it becuase no matter what car he works on the bills still need to be paid.

In my opinion i think it is more of a challenge for shops to build shop cars because at the end of the day we have been working all day on cars and the last thing you want to continue doing is working on more cars.

I respect the guys who build their cars at home but sometimes it sounds like the feeling is not mutual.

For those that say we are not part of IA FUCK OFF!

Only because i dont have one million post dont mean that i havent been on the forums. By the way i have been a member longer than most of you.

Congrats to the cars pushing those numbers i know it takes a lot of work & money.

Yamil hey whast up this is Danny!
I was just saying a shop car and sponsored cars are diffrent, even with you getting a turbo or manifold or so forth that helps you guys also.

Yea tru about working on customers cars all day then working on your own but it goes both ways.I know alot of people that bust there ass all day ( NOT ME,HAHA) at work doing contractor work and so forth then having to go home and sleep under there cars to get it done,and they dont have the tools or lifts as a shop has access too, thats just my point!! take it how you want

Hey what happened in MIR why did you get DQ?

Ya2Civic
05-24-2006, 10:44 AM
Yamil hey whast up this is Danny!
I was just saying a shop car and sponsored cars are diffrent, even with you getting a turbo or manifold or so forth that helps you guys also.

Yea tru about working on customers cars all day then working on your own but it goes both ways.I know alot of people that bust there ass all day ( NOT ME,HAHA) at work doing contractor work and so forth then having to go home and sleep under there cars to get it done,and they dont have the tools or lifts as a shop has access too, thats just my point!! take it how you want

Hey what happened in MIR why did you get DQ?

I did not qualify, i broke the tranny first pass. I was done for the weekend at that point.

I understand what your saying but people make it sound like shop cars get everything for free. You know what type of money i put into my cars and it comes from my pocket not sponsors.

iloveboost
05-24-2006, 10:48 AM

Well, not that anyone is hating on shop cars, but it's much easier to build when someone gives you free parts to put their name on your car. It's also much easier when you have sponsors paying thousands of dollars to help build the car. Not to mention having every tool necessary that the average person doesn't have.

But one thing you cannot argue is the fact that these shops get to write off all the parts bought for the cars. If you even put your shop sticker on the car, you get to write the car off too. So don't tell me it costs just as much to build a shop car to an owner as it is a personal car to your average John Doe.

Personal cars with no shop affiliation are much harder to get to go fast considering all money comes from your pocket. No one else's.

B18c1Turboed
05-24-2006, 10:53 AM
Well, not that anyone is hating on shop cars, but it's much easier to build when someone gives you free parts to put their name on your car. It's also much easier when you have sponsors paying thousands of dollars to help build the car. Not to mention having every tool necessary that the average person doesn't have.

But one thing you cannot argue is the fact that these shops get to write off all the parts bought for the cars. If you even put your shop sticker on the car, you get to write the car off too. So don't tell me it costs just as much to build a shop car to an owner as it is a personal car to your average John Doe.

Personal cars with no shop affiliation are much harder to get to go fast considering all money comes from your pocket. No one else's.

Damm i love the way you put that!!

Sorry about tranny, Damm you guys sure go thru alot of them,isnt that what kept Chris out in Al also

fight club
05-24-2006, 10:56 AM
i dont think shop cars should be forgotten, but in most cases, a shops pocket is deeper than the average tuner. not to mention, shops installing stuff on their car costs them nothing but an opertunity cost. not to mention tuning, if a shop is tuning their car, its alot cheaper lol.

93H22ACX
05-24-2006, 10:59 AM
deeper pocket just because they have their own business and work hard... most of the stuff they get for use was bought by their funds/finance and time in learning how to do things (building, installing, tuning, etc).

Ya2Civic
05-24-2006, 11:02 AM

Thats what i am referring to all shops dont have sponsors. Yes you are correct we do have access to all the tools necessary to build these cars.

Let me ask you a question who paid for all the tools? I hope you dont think its sponsors.

In our case we dont have sponsors who give us thousand of dollars. The only money that goes into my car is personal money that i work hard for.

iloveboost
05-24-2006, 11:04 AM
I'm in no way trying to discredit shop cars. But if you're going to rank cars, rank them accordingly.

I would expect nothing less for a company-backed car to beat mine.

Rank the privately owned cars against each other, and then let the shops be ranked in their own class. Or just keep doing it the way it's being done. I could personally care less.

iloveboost
05-24-2006, 11:11 AM
Thats what i am referring to all shops dont have sponsors. Yes you are correct we do have access to all the tools necessary to build these cars.

Let me ask you a question who paid for all the tools? I hope you dont think its sponsors.

In our case we dont have sponsors who give us thousand of dollars. The only money that goes into my car is personal money that i work hard for.

I don't know you, or who you are, or what your affiliation is to AAP, but as far as SHOP cars go... everything gets written off. Including the tools, gas, oil, shop rags, and the little air freshener hanging from your rear view mirror.

If your personal car is on that list, awesome! I'm honestly impressed. Not to say I'm not impressed if it was your shop's money that paid for it, but if it was, it should be ranked with other shop cars. That's all I'm saying.

Now take the private owners for example. They don't get the priveledge of writing off their tools. They go to a race, guess what, straight out of their pocket. The truck used to tow it to the race if that applies, guess what, straight out of someone's pocket.

This is why I'm stating it's much easier (lifts, tools), and more cost effective (writing off even the entire car itself) to make a shop owner's car fast.

You cannot argue that fact. Let nothing I say be taken out of context. I'm not trying to discredit anyone for having a fast car.

PhAtBoYMr2
05-24-2006, 11:15 AM
I don't know you, or who you are, or what your affiliation is to AAP, but as far as SHOP cars go... everything gets written off. Including the tools, gas, oil, shop rags, and the little air freshener hanging from your rear view mirror.

If your personal car is on that list, awesome! I'm honestly impressed. Not to say I'm not impressed if it was your shop's money that paid for it, but if it was, it should be ranked with other shop cars. That's all I'm saying.

Now take the private owners for example. They don't get the priveledge of writing off their tools. They go to a race, guess what, straight out of their pocket. The truck used to tow it to the race if that applies, guess what, straight out of someone's pocket.

This is why I'm stating it's much easier (lifts, tools), and more cost effective (writing off even the entire car itself) to make a shop owner's car fast.

You cannot argue that fact. Let nothing I say be taken out of context. I'm not trying to discredit anyone for having a fast car.

very well said, i agree with you 100%

+1

Ya2Civic
05-24-2006, 11:16 AM
i dont think shop cars should be forgotten, but in most cases, a shops pocket is deeper than the average tuner. not to mention, shops installing stuff on their car costs them nothing but an opertunity cost. not to mention tuning, if a shop is tuning their car, its alot cheaper lol.

Thats were your mistaken, alot of shops do not have deeper pockets. Most shops struggle to keep thier doors open.

By the way tuning is not that cheap spending 20k on a dyno is pretty expensive and not to mention that having the lights on and equipment running becomes pretty expensive.

I know of a few shops were they have been close to going out of business.

Ya2Civic
05-24-2006, 11:25 AM

I understand where you are coming from and the only reason i continue to post is becuase we are having a intelligent adult conversation.

I usually never post on here because its always some type of flame war. This is one of the few topics where its has stayed on track.

The only thing that i would like for you to understand is that it is also a struggle for shops and shop cars. It is not as pretty as most think.

Big Baller
05-24-2006, 11:26 AM

Most of the parts for the cars cant be written off. Actually you can write them off, and then the IRS will come to your house go through all your records and tell you that you cant write them off.

Matt

93H22ACX
05-24-2006, 11:29 AM
I understand where you are coming from and the only reason i continue to post is becuase we are having a intelligent adult conversation.

I usually never post on here because its always some type of flame war. This is one of the few topics where its has stayed on track.

The only thing that i would like for you to understand is that it is also a struggle for shops and shop cars. It is not as pretty as most think.

people have to remember that import racing does not have the kind of backing as say alcohol / nascar racers do.

most people i know think its the same :confused:

iloveboost
05-24-2006, 11:29 AM
I understand that $1 from your pocket is the same as a $1 from mine. But I'm just saying I won't get to write off that $1 at the end of the year.

I can't imagine what the IRS would tell me if I tried to write off my entire engine, the car, my entire build, gas, insurance, tires, and oil for my car.

And I too rarely frequent the WhoresLounge as it's hard to filter out all the useless drama and garbage you find in here.

iloveboost
05-24-2006, 11:32 AM
Most of the parts for the cars cant be written off. Actually you can write them off, and then the IRS will come to your house go through all your records and tell you that you cant write them off.

Matt

Dan can (and I'm sure he does) slap some Batlground stickers on his Evo, and guess what happens come tax time? While I'm sure there are questionable parts/accessories that come in to play, the car itself is a huge write off. As is the truck to tow it with, and the trailer.

Ya2Civic
05-24-2006, 11:38 AM
people have to remember that import racing does not have the kind of backing as say alcohol / nascar racers do.

most people i know think its the same :confused:

Very well put. It just isnt there in the import scene.

Big Baller
05-24-2006, 11:39 AM
Dan can (and I'm sure he does) slap some Batlground stickers on his Evo, and guess what happens come tax time? While I'm sure there are questionable parts/accessories that come in to play, the car itself is a huge write off. As is the truck to tow it with, and the trailer.

As the son and grandson of a CPA I can assure you that it does not work that way.

If you want the IRS knocking on your door just go ahead and try it.

B18c1Turboed
05-24-2006, 12:36 PM
As the son and grandson of a CPA I can assure you that it does not work that way.

If you want the IRS knocking on your door just go ahead and try it.

well the way that he write these things off ,is advertising. Belive it or not you can write that stuff off, i have checked into doing it.The only reason why i cant is i own a insurance agency not a shop. A shop can write it off because it falls under advertising for that company.And there buisness is working on cars

Why do you think full race and all these people sponsor cars to get there name out there and the parts they give they write off as advertising.It works in both ways for the company they get free advertising and they get a tax write off.

Big Baller
05-24-2006, 12:39 PM
well the way that he write these things off ,is advertising. Belive it or not you can write that stuff off, i have checked into doing it.The only reason why i cant is i own a insurance agency not a shop. A shop can write it off because it falls under advertising for that company.And there buisness is working on cars

Why do you think full race and all these people sponsor cars to get there name out there and the parts they give they write off as advertising.It works in both ways for the company they get free advertising and they get a tax write off.

You can do it that way, but like I said its not legal. I can promise you. It just doesnt work that way. Even if it was a write off it still wouldnt be a 1 to 1 write off.