PDA

View Full Version : Misc Bad Boy Latino !

NzProjeKt
05-04-2005, 09:46 PM
I don't really listen to Reggaeton but I just thought it was kinda neat to see Pitbull teaming up with Diddy.... I couldnt imagine the 2 working together but I guess when it comes down to it artists are all about making HITS these days...

With Reggaeton gaining prominence, Sean "P. Diddy" Combs has teamed up with Pitbull to launch Bad Boy Latino.

The new deal was launched with a party at Miami's Bongos Cuban Café this past Wednesday. Latin heads in town for the Billboard Latin Music Conference and Billboard Latin Music Awards quickly began buzzing about the news.

''It's gonna focus on Latin artists and the fusion of what I do marketing-wise . . . to embrace the movement and take it to the next level,'' Combs said in a statement.

Diddy shared that his label will hold offices in Miami and New York and that it will focus on Latin Rap as well as Latin Soul and Tropical music.

According to Cuban-American Pitbull, Puff's involvement will help bring Latin Hip-Hop to the next level. Pit, who is signed to TVT Records, will take part in signing artists, marketing and various other functions to help run the imprint. The company has yet to sign any artists.

''Whether people see it as him [Puffy] jumping on what's hot -- I see it as someone with vision who sees where music is going,'' Pitbull stated.

The Miami rapper also spoke after the East Meets West panel at the Billboard conference held in Miami's downtown Hotel Intercontinental. The event featured some of Latin Hip-Hop's biggest artists including Daddy Yankee among others. Pit and Diddy discussed the surprising buzz surrounding Latin Hip-Hop.

''It's one of the fastest growing styles in the world -- it can't be ignored,'' Combs offered. "The combination of what I do with Hip-Hop and [ Hispanics'] reflection of what's going on in their lives . . . means we can make a lot of hit records together.''

Diddy also said that growing up with Hispanics in New York and living part-time in Miami for the past year and a half, has allowed him to tap into Latin music and culture. He was scheduled to appear at the Billboard Latin Music Awards last night.

''I always embraced the Latin community and have been embraced by them,'' Combs revealed. ``It's a little more than a business opportunity.''

Negrodamus
05-04-2005, 11:25 PM
Ahhhh Diddy does it again....how many times is puff gonna jump on a trend I.E Bad Boy Dance "when diddy thought he could have a dance label" back in 02. Btw diddy couldn't find talent if it hit em the face I.E every rapper on bad boy since biggie died and the lox left and the guy's gotta have a weak ass star search/real world to keep him the spotlight. man with a roster with the groups like B5 and "old editon" whos albums both went tripple cork i hate to say bad boys days are numbered. in short bad boy latino will prolly be 1 or 2 artist and only one or 2 albums released " dont expect them to have the reggaeton powerhouse just a couple of singles which bad boys does best"....FYI I am a Diddy hater.haha

soul
05-05-2005, 02:19 PM
Pitbull can sell records all day long

Julio
05-05-2005, 02:33 PM
Puffy is a business man with alot of money to invest. I think he sucks, But hes money in the bank.

NzProjeKt
05-05-2005, 02:41 PM
FYI I am a Diddy hater.haha

hahaaa... yea Diddy fell off a while back... But the truth is although Bad Boy Records isnt doin so well right now Diddy has plenty of money... So basicially starting new projects to see how they work out is chump change to him...

however, i do think he will be quite sucessfull with this whole Reggaeton thing.. that one single Pitbull put out got mad play in the clubs.. I was hearing that same joint for several months..

thinkfast®
05-05-2005, 06:13 PM
yea this is a step in the right direction for Latinos... hopefully he won't kill it tryin to get his faggot ass Band Boyz or whatever they are called this season on MTV, to do a duet with the latin rappers.. If this venture goes well, and Mr Sean John plays his cards right, he could sell a LOT of records and REALLY get the Latin artists on the level they deserve to be here in the states. I mean you got the reggaeton, the hot shit out right now in most all the clubs, you got your latin rappers/ hip hop artists (I'm thinkin peeps like Orishas, Delinquent habits, people on some other shit then the blin blin BS) then with the Tropical section thats all about salsa/bachata/merengue... he just might have made a smart move... :goodjob:

we'll see if they make MTV... the day I see a fuckin Orishas/reggae/salsa group on TRL will be the day I can say we made it :D :D :D

FrnkPwrs
05-05-2005, 07:12 PM
Yea, I hope it works out. The thing is, Im not sure Diddy realizes that reggaeton has been well established in the latin market, so if it doesnt hit the numbers he wants, then he might not keep it going. Daddy Yankee hasnt even gone platinum yet, and his album is sold all over the world. LOL, even though it went gold as a bootleg before it came out, the only way I can see it hitting 4x platinum for the average reggaeton is if they did their tracks in spanglish, i.e. pitbull. BUt have you ever heard Daddy Yankee speak english? LOL, have you ever heard Nicky Jam RAP in english? Diddy got shitted on by Tego, so there still is kinda a bad taste in mouth of latin administration with him, but money talks. Nore is working on his thing [LOL, Padrino], so Im interested in seeing how that works out. I just want artist like Tempo, Zion y Lennox, Winsin y Yandel, Polaco, Hector el Bambino blow up because they are tight and put in work. But there are lots of ins and outs. Most people I know who listen to reggaeton dont listen to full albums. Damn near everyone I know buys the complilations. Chosen Few, Majestic, The Industry, Mas Flow. The buying power puff is looking for is in the US, and I hope he realizes that marketting has to reach the carribean, south america, central america. Well see, I just hope he doesnt make it lame. But shit, Id want to see a Making the Band: Latino so everytime I go to the barbershop we dont have to watch Ruby!

quickdodge®
05-10-2005, 03:58 PM
Pitbull sucks in my opinion. I agree with Julio. I hate Duddy, but he is instant bankroll. Later, QD.

Tuan
05-12-2005, 02:00 PM
diddy is a great business man

JustinSane110™
05-12-2005, 04:38 PM
I bet P. Diddy tries to immediately commercialize it and fucks it up tremendously.