PDA

View Full Version : Misc Comp problems

BlkCD5
05-21-2006, 01:26 AM
Lately, my computer has been acting up and I don't know wtf is wrong with it. First of all, the internet is so damn slow on my comp, but not the other in the house. Its showing no activity in the sent/recieving packets window and im always getting the "page cannot be displayed bullshit." My aim now freezes up more and if i click on the windows, i get a white screen sometimes. I ran a spyware check and used Norton Win/disk doctor and it hasn't really helped either. Some of my files are hidden and I haven't clicked that option.

Flip
05-21-2006, 04:16 AM
try running multiple different spyware checker programs like spydoctor, the microsoft one and the lavasoft one. Do them all in safe mode while your computer is NOT connected to the internet. Scan, reboot, scan, reboot etc... do it until it doesn't find anything else. When done run virus checker until it finds nothing, and maybe even run the spyware again once after that... Also find a defragment program...

Let me know how it works and if you have any questions...

429bigblock
05-21-2006, 05:12 AM
i say blow it up it would be fun

Flip
05-21-2006, 05:18 AM
i say blow it up it would be fun

LOL, it would be a lot easier... :P

green91
05-21-2006, 07:38 AM
format and reinstall windows FTW

Mr_Mischif
05-21-2006, 09:39 AM
format and reinstall windows FTW

If he's gonna do that, he should just run linux instead. No spyware/viruses to fuck with him again FT super W!

EDIT: If you do install linux, and you're fairly techincal, I suggest Ultima. Support the little guys FTW! But if you're not technical, Wikipedia/Google for it.

green91
05-21-2006, 10:21 AM
From the sound of his first post i dont think he's ready for linux yet. but if he wants to run linux Debian FTW!!

Wurm
05-21-2006, 10:54 AM
you could always try a system restore and see if that works.