PDA

View Full Version : Misc how do you make dogs stop diggin holes

Repost Squintz
05-04-2005, 06:46 PM
so yeah how do you make dogs stop diggin holes??????

uncle_el
05-05-2005, 11:10 AM
restrict them from the area in which they are digging holes.
keep them on concrete/patio/garage/basement, with a dog bed to sleep on.

silver
05-05-2005, 12:34 PM
In my dog obiedience class, they taught us to use a noise can. It was a can filled with pennies, and then wrapped up in padding. Everytime the dog is doing something he shouldnt be, you throw the can (next to the dog, you don't want to throw it right at him. But that is why it should be padded just in case you do hit him) and it distracts him. It won't work right away, but after alot of repitition he will learn that it is not something he is supposed to do. If you can't watch your dog while its in the yard, don't let him out there. Don't give him the opportunity to create bad habits. I know it sounds really gay, but it really does work. You can teach even the dummest dogs anything with repitition and patience. Oh and just my :2cents: when you use "no" with your dog, always follow it with what they are doing wrong. So start saying "no dig" or some shit. That way it learns what you are telling him no for and not confused if you just say no to everything. That really makes a difference over time...

Tracy
05-05-2005, 01:02 PM
Beat his/her ass! JK!

civic95
05-05-2005, 01:13 PM
Break one of it's legs. A dog will not dig unless both front legs are healthy

Julio
05-05-2005, 02:38 PM
the cans w/ pennies works great.

Jaimecbr900
05-05-2005, 08:44 PM
I had to help my brother bury some chicken wire under the bottom of the fence to get his dog from doing it.

JustinSane110™
05-05-2005, 11:22 PM
My dog taught himself not to dig. He used to do it when he was 1 or 2, but then one time he was trying to tunnel out of the yard under the fence and didn't make a big enough hole and got his damn head stuck cuz his collar was hooked in the fence. After that he was probably like "Fuck that man". :lmfao:

Kevykev
05-05-2005, 11:25 PM
^
lolololololol

Repost Squintz
05-06-2005, 09:57 AM
thanx for the help, may have to try the penny thing. but ssee the thing is he just digs random holes in the back yard, doesnt even try to tunnel underneath the fence. So hmmm iuno.

After that he was probably like "Fuck that man".
LOL :lmfao:

silver
05-06-2005, 10:04 AM
Don't let him out in the yard unless he is supervised until he is trained not to dig holes.. You got to be there to catch him in the act.