PDA

View Full Version : FreeCreditReport.com

ALVIN
05-19-2006, 10:15 PM
Who here has used this company? Personally I do not know my credit score, but it must be fairly decent if my credit card limit keeps going up without using it too much.

1) I pay off all my cc bills the day I get them,
2) I have never been late on a bill (car, phone, insurance, etc.)

So what do you think my credit score is?

If anyone has used anything else let me know...I would like to know my credit score now so I will be able to go into buying a house in about 4-5 months knowing my credit is good.

Julio
05-19-2006, 10:25 PM
I use, Consumerinfo.com . Been using them for years.

Thx

ALVIN
05-19-2006, 10:34 PM
Thanks man preeshiate it.

The Golden Child
05-22-2006, 11:23 AM
or you can go to your bank and ask them to do it for you ..

Annihilation
05-22-2006, 12:48 PM
they make u sign up for this other 30day free program before they send u the report...and if u forget to cancel it they charge ur ass up the ass for it , so watch out

The Golden Child
05-22-2006, 01:23 PM
really i didnt sign no other paper work besides letting them do a credit check ..

TRINI4LIFE
05-22-2006, 01:34 PM
I have used it before. I think that they give you Experian (sp) for free. If you want all three you have to pay $24 (I think). But you HAVE to cancel within those 30 days or else they would charge your CC.

Brian*
05-22-2006, 02:00 PM
haha yeah, I got cought up in the "fine print" with that 30day trial. But it works good:goodjob:

Julio
05-22-2006, 02:04 PM
If you want a free report.. the only true online report thats free you get one a year totally free. all the other ones you need to sign up for something..

the only free one is https://www.annualcreditreport.com/cra/index.jsp

The Golden Child
05-22-2006, 02:29 PM
hmmm i think im gunna have to talk to the guy who did my credit check after i read the paper work at home ..

Chris Mazda
05-24-2006, 06:05 PM
you can also go directly to each of the 3 companies websites and get a free credit report from each once a year only if your a citizen of Georgia or 11 other states. This is on top of the free annual report you get from the federal government at annualcreditreport.com

Chris Mazda
05-24-2006, 06:06 PM
though you have to search to make sure you dont get one of the reports they charge you for.

JennB
05-24-2006, 06:13 PM
You actually get 2 free each year if you live in GA and then the free one that everyone gets so it's three free per year.

The best way to get your score is directly from the credit bureaus.

I think the one that is the best deal is from Transunion. You get all three reports and all three scores, not just one, for $29.95. This was you can compare and make sure that everyone has the same and correct info.

It's best not to find out your score from your bank or a car dealership or something, it counts as an inquitry and if you have too many inquiries, it will bring your score down.

I used to work finance at a dealership so I am pretty well versed in credit.

green91
05-25-2006, 06:34 PM
I use freecreditreport. If you subscribe, you can unlimited experien credit reports and they also notify you of any changes to your credit, which is what im interested in.

eh2
05-25-2006, 09:05 PM
https://www.annualcreditreport.com/cra/index.jsp

direct link from ftc.gov.

no sign up, trial bs.

freecreditreport.com = ftl

Chris Mazda
05-28-2006, 01:59 PM
I use freecreditreport. If you subscribe, you can unlimited experien credit reports and they also notify you of any changes to your credit, which is what im interested in.

You need to get a report from all three companies. In my experience I find equifax is used the most by companies followed by experian then trans union. Just because your report is clean at one place doesnt mean it is across the board

Julio
05-28-2006, 03:16 PM
equifax is the most used. also your Experian score is always lower then your equifax about 95% of the time.

I wouldnt even worry about transunion that much, just make sure is clear and sorda updated just incase.

green91
05-28-2006, 03:59 PM
It notifies me of any changes to any of the 3 agencies, ive got the option to buy reports if need be.

Wurm
05-28-2006, 09:51 PM
freecreditreport.com sucks well at least to me I forgot I signed up and been paying 12 bucks to them for 4 months lol and not using the account

Flip
05-28-2006, 09:59 PM
they make u sign up for this other 30day free program before they send u the report...and if u forget to cancel it they charge ur ass up the ass for it , so watch out

Yes the fucking suck. They jacked like 100$ from me (got it back through bank) without even making it obvious that they were going to do it or even could... Its a fucking scam. freecreditreport.com SUCKS

I do know of one that IS free and that gives you your report right away but i forget the name of it. IT lets you check it from all 3. I'll try to find out for you.

Flip
05-28-2006, 10:01 PM
https://www.annualcreditreport.com/cra/index.jsp

direct link from ftc.gov.

no sign up, trial bs.

freecreditreport.com = ftl

YAH! good call. That is the one i used. I couldn't remember the name of it. This one is quick, free, no BS and easy. Use it.

u_like_me
06-13-2006, 09:39 AM
I have an account with freecreditreport.com and it has helped alot. It emails you when anything goes on with your credit. I mean anything. Somebody tries to use your sociel it automatically emails you an alert. It also tells you what you are doing good that is helping your credit and what you are doing to hurt your credit. It will then tell you what you need to do to fix your credit. It is $12.95 a month I think but I really do think it is worth it for someone who is really wanting to repair and maintain their credit report..

brads94accord
06-13-2006, 10:13 AM
you guys are throwing your money away on those alerts on your credit.

all that does it notify you something has happened after the fact rather than preventing it. its like you paying me tell you someone just broke into your house. Almost all credit card companies you have a card w/ will notify you w/in hours of any charges out of the ordinary. if you read the notes at the end of your credit report it tells you what is hurting your score (for example : THE PROPORTION OF BALANCES TO CREDIT LIMITS IS TOO HIGH ON YOUR BANK AND REVOLVING ACCOUNTS)and you are entitled to one free report every year anyways, i believe two in georgia. once you read those they are pretty self explanatory what you need to do to fix it...i.e w/ the example above, bring you overall balances to below 50% of your overall credit limits.

the best way to prevent fraudulent accounts is to have a fraud alert aka consumer statement put on your credit bureau. its basically a note on you cb that says : "my personal information may have been used to open accounts fraudulently please contact me at daytime number (xxx)xxx-xxxx and evening number (xxx)xxx-xxxx before processing applications.

basically this makes the creditor contact you at that phone# to verify your information before they approve the application. it can be inconvient sometimes, best thing to do is to put your cell# on their that way if you are applying in a retail store you can call them straight from your cell# to verify the info and have the application processed in minutes. the creditor cannot approve your application until this is done. https://www.econsumer.equifax.co.uk/consumer/uk/sitepage.ehtml?forward=gb_cs_cpo_howto#three
most people use them to dispute things but is a great tool in id theft prevention.

also if you have ever been a victim of id theft it will be noted on your bureau as a "score" persea and any application done after that point is considered higher risk...this all has to do w/ the FACT ACT. http://www.ftc.gov/opa/2004/06/factaidt.htm