PDA

View Full Version : Misc Butler Honda Sucks!!

Dewain27
05-19-2006, 06:41 PM
I just wanted to tell my experience with an attempt to purchase a Civic from Butler Honda.

I called and asked if they still had a Civic Hybrid on the lot and they said yes. I told them that I was on my way to come test drive the car and asked if they could hold it. They said they would hold the car until I test drove it if I put a $500 deposit down on the car. I said ok and gave them my credit card number to hold the car until I got there to test drive it.

I arrived as I said I would and was not convinced that I wanted the car and Tamara, my wife, asked me to let her come out and drive it too to help me make up my mind. The guy immediately started pressuring me to buy the car that night. I told him that Tamara was getting in on a plane that night and that I would come back the following day to bring her out and we would make the decision. After numerous times of telling me that they wanted me to forget what my wife said and just buy the car, I started having even more second thoughts. I went ahead and left the dealership and we agreed that they would continue to hold the deposit to prove that I would come back with Tamara.

The following day, Tamara and I get to the dealership and se hates the car. She thinks that I won't be happy and tells me that she thinks I should get a TSX, the car I really wanted. I then told the sales lady and the sales manager that I had made my mind up and that I had decided to go with another car. They then told me that they might have to keep my deposit. I told them that they should do the right thing and give back my money since I had given that to them to hold the car until I made up my mind and to insure that I would come back as I said. I had done what I said I was going to do and never was it supposed to be a deposit that if I didn't buy the car that they kept it. The Sales Manager said that he would talk with the Finance Manager and call me to let me know what they decided. I left and never heard from them again.

For those that don't know, Butler Honda is a 2 hour drive from my house and I had already made this drive 2 times.

Well, I got my statement today in the mail for my credit card and they did in fact charge me $500. I have called and refuted the charges with my CC company and they have credited it back.

I just thought that I would share my experience with you guys and let you know that you should never do business with this company!

Dewain27
05-20-2006, 10:29 AM
Just wanted to bump to make sure others know about this one.....

2.0civic
05-20-2006, 10:35 AM
isnt this the same one someone had their car stolen from??

IntegraXTR
05-20-2006, 12:25 PM
damn thats some bs dude, the damn manager deserves to be dick slapped for tryin to rob you like that.

aaronfelipe
05-20-2006, 12:30 PM
man fuck them. I hate crooked dealieships.

Shawna
05-20-2006, 01:30 PM
just to let you know they are not allowed to keep that 500 dollars what so ever you can find out who their corp office is and ask to speak to the person in charge of the particualr dealership and if they dont do anything call the better business beauru (sp) and report them and get their ass in trouble for that shit.... my dealership would have their ass chewed if we did that shit.

aaronfelipe
05-20-2006, 01:31 PM
just to let you know they are not allowed to keep that 500 dollars what so ever you can find out who their corp office is and ask to speak to the person in charge of the particualr dealership and if they dont do anything call the better business beauru (sp) and report them and get their ass in trouble for that shit.... my dealership would have their ass chewed if we did that shit.
She is right.

Julio
05-20-2006, 05:07 PM
If you didnt sign any papers regarding the 500, then they should never keep it. Shit, I dont even know why they even charge without you signing no invoice. I think they are a bunch of idiots for trying to pull that one.
Glad you got your cash back.

Wurm
05-20-2006, 09:10 PM
lol i wouldnt have gave them anything to hold it. It's not like they are going to sell that POS anyways

Dewain27
05-20-2006, 09:10 PM
Yeah.... I know that they can't really do it... I am letting others know to not do business with them.

Also, I am making a call to American Honda and reporting the issue. I have a feeling they will listen to a TL, TSX, and NSX owner. Especially since I did buy a TSX instead of the Civic.

Dewain27
05-20-2006, 09:12 PM
lol i wouldnt have gave them anything to hold it. It's not like they are going to sell that POS anyways
Actually, that car was only one of 3 within 100+ miles. Unfortunately, this gas crunch has it being a hot item... but, I will say that I am much happier with the TSX A-SPEC w/ Nav that I ended up with.

Shawna
05-20-2006, 09:28 PM
Yeah.... I know that they can't really do it... I am letting others know to not do business with them.

Also, I am making a call to American Honda and reporting the issue. I have a feeling they will listen to a TL, TSX, and NSX owner. Especially since I did buy a TSX instead of the Civic.

American Honda should take care of you and word of mouth hits them where it counts bc as soon as people here about a bad experience at a dealership most will drive out of their way to avoid going there. good luck with everything :goodjob:

Eli
06-09-2006, 09:33 PM
I didnt read your story but I will say I live in Milledgeville (where Butler Honda is located) and they have a great reputation around here... First Ive heard of a bad experience with them.