PDA

View Full Version : Misc So... I am having Surgery...

silver
05-19-2006, 02:31 PM
Nothing life or death, lol.. just having my Gallbladder removed.. My surgery date is May 30th so I am looking forward to it!!

This will be my first time having any type of surgery at all, so I am jsut a little curious more than anything how it all will be. Who here has had theirs removed? How did you feel the next day? Were you right back to work or not? Etc... jsut your experience pretty much...

Im jsut really bored here at work so thought I would ask what other's experiences were!!

Stormhammer
05-19-2006, 02:59 PM
what?~! whyyy? -cries-

doesn't the gallbladder aid with digestion?

if so, it might be harder to poop next time

B16a2 Civic
05-19-2006, 03:02 PM
i have no advice on this
but i wanna wish ya the best of luck in surgery, doubt you'll need it ;)
i'll look for a aflac doctor duck to send to you

silver
05-19-2006, 03:07 PM
what?~! whyyy? -cries-

doesn't the gallbladder aid with digestion?

if so, it might be harder to poop next time

Lol.. yeah.. something like that.. But from what I heard any changing in the way things happen persay, lol.. are back to normal shortly after haha..

I will be glad when its out though, cuase when it hurts.. it hurts, the weekend that it caused me to finally go to the doctor, it hurt so bad and into my back so bad that I couldn't even get out of bed. Tyenol and pain killers and a heating pad wasnt even phasing it... its not fun, lol

~The_Duke~
05-19-2006, 03:35 PM
I havent had that removed, but I have had my apendiex removed...take a water ski handle and tie it up under your bed it will help you be able to get out of bed trust me.

They walked in with a catherder and said either you get up and pee or we are going to use this...you have never seen a white dude with a hole in his lower adamen move so fast...

Annihilation
05-19-2006, 05:29 PM
damn man good luck.....

Romeyo07
05-22-2006, 08:18 AM
my mom had hers removed...they want her to change her diet up to eat healthier. Other than that, her surgery made her feel much better.

silver
05-22-2006, 08:34 AM
my mom had hers removed...they want her to change her diet up to eat healthier. Other than that, her surgery made her feel much better.

Yeah I dont think I eat not healthy, but my doctor said I could either have it taken out.. or not eat anything with fat pretty much, no pork, nothing made with olive oil, etc.. and I don't think I could do that, lol.. I don't think I am a fat person (only 128lbs which is another reason I am just gonna have it removed cause majority of people that have problems are overweight, cause for me to have issues now and not be overweight bothers me), but I love food too much to not be able to eat ish like bacon and pork chops for the rest of my life, lol..

ShooterMcGavin
05-22-2006, 10:41 AM
wow that's crazy heather, goodluck to ya though, just be ready to feel WAY weird when u first come to after the procedure. :goodjob:

lilMOMMY
05-22-2006, 05:02 PM
My fiancee had gallbladder surgery 2 weeks ago. They cut you in 3 different places...side, above the belly, and the belly button (no more than a half an inch to an inch). Can't pick up anything over 25 lbs for 4 weeks and you will get diareaha(sp) because you wont have bile anymore. Other than that you will be fine...maybe a little pain but not much. We took her in on a Saturday night and had surgery sunday morning and was out of the hospital monday morning...some people may go home the day of depending on the doctor.

PS: this is sloRSX

tatodotcom
05-22-2006, 06:38 PM
My fiancee had gallbladder surgery 2 weeks ago. They cut you in 3 different places...side, above the belly, and the belly button (no more than a half an inch to an inch). Can't pick up anything over 25 lbs for 4 weeks and you will get diareaha(sp) because you wont have bile anymore. Other than that you will be fine...maybe a little pain but not much. We took her in on a Saturday night and had surgery sunday morning and was out of the hospital monday morning...some people may go home the day of depending on the doctor.

PS: this is sloRSX

they will cut you differently depending on the doctor...but yea the diareaha sucks

silver
05-22-2006, 06:43 PM
ewe... tmi, lol.. yeah mine is an outpatient I go in at 10:45 and home the same day about 4 hours later hopefully as long as ish goes right..

sloRSX.. was she able to go to work right away.. i think that is what i am most concerned about.. gotta make money, lol

The Ren
05-22-2006, 06:45 PM
ITS DIARRHEA

silver
05-22-2006, 06:48 PM
ITS DIARRHEA

thanks for bringing attention to that, again.. lol.. mispelled or not I don't wanna think about that, haha :doh: :tongue:

The Ren
05-22-2006, 08:36 PM
thanks for bringing attention to that, again.. lol.. mispelled or not I don't wanna think about that, haha :doh: :tongue:

Aww you know I love you and if you need anything you have JM call me you hear? You'll be fine :D

silver
05-23-2006, 07:58 AM
Aww you know I love you and if you need anything you have JM call me you hear? You'll be fine :D

HAHAHAH.. re-read that outloud and listen to how out in the sticks that sounds, lol.. Braselton must be getting to you huh? lol

But yeah, my mom and step dad are going to be there to along with JM, they are making this huge deal out of it but oh well... everything will be fine I am sure!! Thanks though!

ShooterMcGavin
05-23-2006, 08:03 AM
ever been put under before? if not try to see if u can feel it coming, always a challenge :D

The Ren
05-23-2006, 09:29 AM
HAHAHAH.. re-read that outloud and listen to how out in the sticks that sounds, lol.. Braselton must be getting to you huh? lol

But yeah, my mom and step dad are going to be there to along with JM, they are making this huge deal out of it but oh well... everything will be fine I am sure!! Thanks though!

hehehe I guess so.. Whoops...

silver
05-23-2006, 09:38 AM
ever been put under before? if not try to see if u can feel it coming, always a challenge :D

Haha yeah.. thats the fun part!!

kelly marie
05-23-2006, 09:49 AM
mmmm those drugs are some good ish.. makes you say almost anything.. lol i have had a couple of surgeries and when i had my wisdom teeth taken out it was a guy doctor.. and i think i told him he was cute.. lol cuz i was soooooo drugged!! wow that was like 5 years ago.. my goodness...

silver
05-23-2006, 09:54 AM
mmmm those drugs are some good ish.. makes you say almost anything.. lol i have had a couple of surgeries and when i had my wisdom teeth taken out it was a guy doctor.. and i think i told him he was cute.. lol cuz i was soooooo drugged!! wow that was like 5 years ago.. my goodness...

yeah I have been put under 2-3 times for different things.. and its funny how each doctor is different as in messing with you right before you go out, lol.. One was jsut like look at the ceiling and i was like ok.. and he was like you seee it and i was like yeah and then he was like how about.... and that was that, lol.. another did the count backwards from 100 thing.. he said I said 100 and then started talking about some off the wall ish for about 5 seconds, lol I didnt even remember saying 100, lol.. but yeah its an experience and a half..