PDA

View Full Version : General Chat MINI COOPER

BABY J
05-18-2006, 02:25 PM
Kinda like these guys... are there any built examples that are real runners (drag). I know the small tires are not gonna allow much potential to hook, but I am really getting into the way they look. They look fun as hell to drive.

~The_Duke~
05-18-2006, 05:13 PM
Kinda like these guys... are there any built examples that are real runners (drag). I know the small tires are not gonna allow much potential to hook, but I am really getting into the way they look. They look fun as hell to drive.

One of my college teachers (guy teacher) has an Cooper-S has one...he looks very gay while driving it but he sure did fly around me on a corner that had a passing lane on it...

aaronfelipe
05-18-2006, 05:17 PM
Common man, you freaking ADD. Pick one car and stick with it :rant: .

Although, these cars ARE pretty nice :tongue: . Anyways, DECIDE :crazy: !

~The_Duke~
05-18-2006, 05:19 PM
I am not sure I would sport one of the new ones, but I would most def sport one of the older ones. :goodjob:

aaronfelipe
05-18-2006, 05:29 PM
hell yea, me too.

wantboost
05-18-2006, 09:12 PM
mini=autocross. im sure you could make a good drag car but i wouldnt spend my time on it

BABY J
05-18-2006, 11:29 PM
Common man, you freaking ADD. Pick one car and stick with it :rant: . Although, these cars ARE pretty nice :tongue: . Anyways, DECIDE :crazy: !

LOL. I will not buy one... just wanna know if there are some serious HP examples out there. The one in the pic, it's local right... in Clayton County? I saw it (I think) at CVS once. I am focusing on my stable right now... I got 1, maybe 2 builds left and then I am getting outta the game.

aaronfelipe
05-19-2006, 12:00 AM
LOL. I will not buy one... just wanna know if there are some serious HP examples out there. The one in the pic, it's local right... in Clayton County? I saw it (I think) at CVS once. I am focusing on my stable right now... I got 1, maybe 2 builds left and then I am getting outta the game.
Gwinnett.

2.0civic
05-19-2006, 12:04 AM
that mini looks like it could fit in that f150.

aaronfelipe
05-19-2006, 12:05 AM
that mini looks like it could fit in that f150.
I HAD to take a picture.

BABY J
05-19-2006, 12:09 AM
That's the same 1 i saw in Clayton. :) Hotness.

Mr_Mischif
05-19-2006, 05:46 PM
I like the outsides of the ne ones, but the inside look too cluttered.

mrdriftr
05-20-2006, 01:47 PM
buddy of mine has one(2004). many of you may have seen it at the honda-tech atlanta meet during dyno day. he was pushing 400whp at the time, on n20, stock supercharger(alta pulley), and a gt30r while running out of fuel and maxing out his map sensor.

since then hes upgraded injectors, fuel pump, gone to a FMIC, and installed a voltage regulator... it just dynoed out at a little over 600 whp on a 50 shot and 32psi of boost combined within each the turbo and supercharger. he's the third person i believe with the twin charged mini, and is the fastest in north and south america as of now. boy its fun to ride in. i'd be scared to drive it though.

power potential is insane especially for a 1.6L... IF you have the money to do it all right.

Stormhammer
05-20-2006, 05:57 PM
you can make 200hp out of them with a turbo

JennB
05-24-2006, 07:25 PM
You can make 200HP with much less work than a turbo. My last dyno had me at about 190 and that was before my CAI and before the planned exhaust and software upgrade. Those will easily have me a good bit over 200. The John Cooper Works cars are all over 200 with no turbo actually.

I have one... my second actually and I can say it's a blast. Anyone I have ever had doubt the car over the years, I have offered them a ride and a few lucky ones get a drive around the block and I haven't had a single person not be awed by what that little thing can do.

190+ HP, 2500 lbs and amazing suspension is a great thing.

I've seen a few straight turbos and twin charges and most have not been terribly reliable... fast as hell though.

It's much better on the curves than the straights, though it can easily hold it's own. The aerodynamics just don't lend too well to amazing acceleration, but I can't think of much that can beat me in a curve.

Sure, they aren't for everyone. But the best thing about having a tuned car is that it suits you and expresses who you are. I'd say my MINI fits me perfectly... well... as perfectly as a 5 figure car can ;)

wantboost
05-24-2006, 09:48 PM
but I can't think of much that can beat me in a curve.
is that a challenge lol? hipSI where are you lol

edit:what speed and angle

JennB
05-24-2006, 10:02 PM
Nope, sure isn't.

I'm well aware that there are some, just not very many.

Some cars are made for the straights and could easily whip my ass, mine's made for the curves.

wantboost
05-24-2006, 10:11 PM
hey i was jokin, just seeing if you were a hot-head, passed the test. welcome to IA. what "curves" did you test this on. up in the mt., track, auto-x?

JennB
05-24-2006, 10:22 PM
I like mountains, not much for cone chasing... well... yet... I try not to let myself try it cause I can't afford the tires. HA. This is my second MINI, I have an 06 now and had an 04 before. Did I say that already? Hmmm...

I head up to the Dragon and the surrounding areas as often as I can and also up past Dahlonega. Not really sure what that area would be called... up there where the hills are I guess.

I'd like to get out to the track soon though, now that I actually have a track near me that suits my driving. I was living in Indy for a while before I came back south not too long ago. I did manage to hook up with some pretty good drivers up there though that would show me some nice back roads, still learning my way around here.

Besides... I can't have a straight line car, I'd just end up in jail :lmfao:

Oh, and thanks for the welcome. I've been reading a while but finally decided to say something.