PDA

View Full Version : What bank would you recommend?

tony
05-18-2006, 07:18 AM
Looking for a business account and I'm used to dealing with my credit union, I really cannot stand Bank of America or Wachovia since I have dealt with both. I'm thinking of just going to a small local bank and starting there.

devin
05-18-2006, 07:28 AM
wachovia is pretty good

Romeyo07
05-18-2006, 07:36 AM
my cousin's business uses regions bank...he loves it.

silver
05-18-2006, 07:45 AM
I was gonna say Wachovia... You will hear horror stories about almost every bank, I think it all really comes down to the actuall branch is where it really matters. I have been with Wachovia for a while now and I will say that I am one that when I have a problem with a bank, to close my account and move on to the next, lol.. I did that with Banl of America and Suntrust.. but Wachovia, I jsut changed my Branch that I delt with and the normally solved the problem..

You cant really go wrong with a credit union also...

silver
05-18-2006, 07:50 AM
my cousin's business uses regions bank...he loves it.

My mom has been with them for a while now too.. and she likes them!!

Also another thing with Wachovia.. is they have branches open till 7pm all ove the place.. I am not sure if other banks do that yet (if they havent yet i'm sure they will follow soon, lol) IMO I think that is a good option jsut incase I find out I need to go to the bank after work I don't have to worry about the bank being closed..

ShooterMcGavin
05-18-2006, 07:59 AM
using both wachovia and bank of america and no complaints, maybe u just need to find a nice branch? also, wachovia's new hrs are tight as hell, i love not having to rush to a bank during the day.

tony
05-18-2006, 08:02 AM
I guess its cause I work in college park and that is where I was going.. bad service and just an all around hassle.

ShooterMcGavin
05-18-2006, 08:09 AM
^^^gotcha, like some others were saying, u might want to check out regions bank. although if it's the AREA affecting the quality of service, it might not matter which bank u go to in that area?

silver
05-18-2006, 08:15 AM
Yeah.. just changing the branch i went to solved my problems alot of the time..

BABY J
05-18-2006, 08:19 AM
Sun Trust is what I use for small business banking.

ironchef
05-18-2006, 08:30 AM
I like bank of america, although I don't have a business account, but I don't think service wise it would be worse.

BABY J
05-18-2006, 08:31 AM
BOA is too big to offer any really good SMALL business banking. I use them for my personal account though.

iloveboost
05-18-2006, 08:32 AM
I'll shoot you a PM, Tony.

{X}Echo419
05-31-2006, 06:54 AM
monster mega banks suck! :2cents:

JennB
05-31-2006, 06:58 AM
We use Regions. If you make contact with a certain person and use them all the time, it's a good place to bank, but I want happy at Wachovia too, we had a great rep there before we switched about 2 years ago.

Regions wire transfer fees are pretty high but the monthly fees are low. I pay everything on line and I never call 800 numbers or anything, just my one contact.

Julio
05-31-2006, 07:16 PM
I use suntrust. had wachovia.. I hated there service. Only reason I was with wachovia was becuase they bought out First Union... If not, I would still be with First Union.

But 2 years with Suntrust and never no issues or hassle

mp5o
05-31-2006, 08:02 PM
Been with Washington Mutual www.wamu.com for a while now with no complaints...

green91
05-31-2006, 08:22 PM
Ive banked with bbandt for 5 yrs now.. no complaints except how slow one of the gainesville branches is at lunch time on fri! lol

The Ren
05-31-2006, 08:23 PM
Tony if you want a financial advisor I could put you in touch with my guy.. but its bank of america.. but he is the shit

rolling_trip
05-31-2006, 08:28 PM
Sun Trust is what I use for small business banking.

the suntrust in college park SUCKS ASS

Julio
05-31-2006, 08:53 PM
Tony if you want a financial advisor I could put you in touch with my guy.. but its bank of america.. but he is the shit

I never understood Financial advisor.. Biggest waste in my book.

The Ren
05-31-2006, 08:54 PM

Some people say the same thing.. but I am very happy with it.. I was horrible with money.. as most females are... and he has really helped me with knowing where to put it and how to spend it wisely..

ironchef
05-31-2006, 11:28 PM
I never understood Financial advisor.. Biggest waste in my book.I agree, if you can't manage the money yourself, you shouldn't have it in the first place.

GsrTurbo320
05-31-2006, 11:29 PM
community trust bank..wachovia

Sibious
06-01-2006, 01:00 AM
i go tbank of america and i like it but i hate it cuase they charge u for some bs stuff at times.

Flip
06-01-2006, 01:10 AM
I woudl say WAMU (washington mutual) they've always been awesome with me. If i need any help they go all out to help me... Great bank. Theyre also open way longer and more than other banks. Saturdays till 1pm and weekdays till 6, thats a big plus!!!

Sibious
06-01-2006, 01:18 AM
I woudl say WAMU (washington mutual) they've always been awesome with me. If i need any help they go all out to help me... Great bank. Theyre also open way longer and more than other banks. Saturdays till 1pm and weekdays till 6, thats a big plus!!!
i had them in washington b4 i moved here 2 yrs ago. but there bank system is dif. WAMU is split into 3 regions. so the one in washington wasnt connected with the ones here, only probably that i had with them. hope that mad sense. if not pm me if u want complete story/ if ur bored. haha

ShooterMcGavin
06-01-2006, 01:20 AM

depends on the kind in my opinion, especially if they are helping u invest money. many ppl out there don't have the time to keep up with stocks and other means of investing money so instead of taking potential costly and blind risks, why not pay someone to make sure you're putting your money in the right place?

Ms Dollar
06-06-2006, 05:35 PM
i use washington mutual and they are by far the best bank i have ever had...

Sushi
06-08-2006, 05:30 PM
I use washington mutual as well. No problems.

u_like_me
07-01-2006, 04:49 PM
I use a small bank which I have used for about 6 years. They are out of Paulding County but seem to be expanding quickly. They have 2 in Dallas, 1 in New Hope, 1 in Acworth and I think that is it. They are called Community Trust Bank. This may not help but I figured I would let you know.. Good Luck:goodjob:
Looking for a business account and I'm used to dealing with my credit union, I really cannot stand Bank of America or Wachovia since I have dealt with both. I'm thinking of just going to a small local bank and starting there.