PDA

View Full Version : Misc Photographers/Graphic and Web designers/Free hand drawers :look:

Bballjamal
05-17-2006, 11:19 PM
A friend has set-up a site and encourages all who have some kind of artistic skill to join.

We do photography, photoshop, and 3d design competitions all the time. It would be great to have more people on board for better critiques and tougher contests.

They also do Photoshop tutorials, photography tutorials, video making tut's, etc, so it's a good site to be involved in.

Take a look whenever and hopefully you join up!

http://creativedraft.com/phpBB2/portal.php

Nemesis
05-18-2006, 07:33 AM
Cool man, Ill add it to my bookmarks and pop in every now and then.

A.P. Photography
05-18-2006, 07:39 AM
Cool man, Ill add it to my bookmarks and pop in every now and then.
:werd: as will I

speedminded
05-18-2006, 11:03 AM
but i'm not 13 yet! jk, i joined and have a few things to post as soon as i get time...

speedminded
05-18-2006, 11:42 AM
There's some incredible talent on there! Hopefully i'll get to to participate in the PS contests. I wanna learn how to do the toons too!

oh yeah, i wanna call out that #2 civic in the latest photoshop contest, the 4 door Civic SI...there's just something about it that bugs me. Where did the original pic come from? Maybe the person that submitted it is an absolute genius but i think the base pic he used is not the original posted...

A.P. Photography
05-18-2006, 12:23 PM
^ LOL Jason already getting riled up.

Bballjamal
05-18-2006, 04:55 PM
There's some incredible talent on there! Hopefully i'll get to to participate in the PS contests. I wanna learn how to do the toons too!

oh yeah, i wanna call out that #2 civic in the latest photoshop contest, the 4 door Civic SI...there's just something about it that bugs me. Where did the original pic come from? Maybe the person that submitted it is an absolute genius but i think the base pic he used is not the original posted...

Well I opened both pictures up in PS and if you cut the #2 entry out and paste it over the original they match up to be the same vehicle. There are some completely badasses on that site when it comes to photoshop! Two of the users have high tech equip to use towards graphic design (Pad, dual monitors, etc) and do it professionally for a living! Until I can buy some more graphic design equip, I won't be in any PS contests with them because they usually take over and win everytime. Now, when it comes to photography, I have alot of them beat, and after winning one contest on a simple photo, i've sat back in the shadows until a harder contest comes about or better talent comes in.

As for one reason of posting on here haha!

Nemesis
05-19-2006, 07:26 AM
Ill enter a few photo contests if I get a chance, I love those things

Danny
05-19-2006, 01:24 PM
aewsome site... see you there.. been doing some side work, might be time to buy some more equip :D

anyways, great site, cant wait to spend time late tonight learning :D w00t

anyone here use a wacom tablet? i want one, but i think my skill is lacking :(

Bballjamal
05-19-2006, 10:57 PM
O yea, when I said paid in my above post, I was reffering to the tablet! Haha, pretty cool and expensive stuff. I'd have to learn a couple more things before I could compete with them on the laser mouse.

Danny
05-21-2006, 02:05 PM
O yea, when I said paid in my above post, I was reffering to the tablet! Haha, pretty cool and expensive stuff. I'd have to learn a couple more things before I could compete with them on the laser mouse.

yea, i know what u meant by 'pad'. great site.. im still browsing... i have been looking for some time to play with Maya7. maybe this will incourage me to do so :D

thansk.. :D

speedminded
05-22-2006, 11:31 AM
yea, i know what u meant by 'pad'. great site.. im still browsing... i have been looking for some time to play with Maya7. maybe this will incourage me to do so :D

thansk.. :DMaya :bow: I tried for years to rip a copy from the Ga. Tech computers...no such luck and couldn't find anyone there able to do it either.

Danny
05-22-2006, 12:52 PM
Jason, they have a "personal learning edition" freebie, just says that on your renders.. :( i have to decide waht software i want to purchase. 3d is somthing i have been wanting to get into for a couple years now.. what better time then now?? :D lol

anyone else want to learn Maya, 3DSmax, Cinema4D, ect...??? group learning session :D

Nemesis
05-23-2006, 03:37 PM
Ive got full copy of Maya 7 available :D

Danny
05-23-2006, 03:38 PM
price???? :D 25$?? :D

A.P. Photography
05-23-2006, 03:40 PM
Ive got full copy of Maya 7 available :D
It seems that you have a full copy of most things needed. lol

Nemesis
05-23-2006, 09:32 PM