PDA

View Full Version : question on conversion

blacknightteg
05-17-2006, 08:29 PM
lately i have been pondering about doing an ITR conversion, but i dont really know what is involved besides the headlights hood fenders and front bumper, oh and the support. but is there anything else? and how much do they usually cost?

BTLFED
05-17-2006, 08:34 PM
lately i have been pondering about doing an ITR conversion, but i dont really know what is involved besides the headlights hood fenders and front bumper, oh and the support. but is there anything else? and how much do they usually cost?

Integ97 did it himself on his Integra. I dunno how much it cost him. There is someone else on here too with an ITR frond end, but I don't remember who it was. I would talk to one of them.

CHADbee
05-17-2006, 08:35 PM
DO IT!

ALVIN
05-17-2006, 08:52 PM
I say this...if you do an ITR conversion make sure its oem like plastic instead of fiber glass. I had my share of fiber glass and trust me plastic is a lot better lol.

MongolPup
05-17-2006, 08:54 PM
Wouldn't you need an engine swap?

Hey slo did you do your plan of trading in the inte/SX and getting those bimmers for you and the lady?

ALVIN
05-17-2006, 08:57 PM
nah I am buying a house after summer is over and then once we are settled in the house I am getting myself an 07 G35 :). My fiancee is deciding to buy herself a car later on...she still wants a g35 also lol but I cannot afford a house and two cars that are 35K+ lol

MongolPup
05-17-2006, 08:59 PM
Sweet lol. Keep it Japanese, hard to go wrong. Bummer about you keeping the RS/gra, my offer of $20 was still on the table.

ALVIN
05-17-2006, 09:01 PM
hahaha you'd need a pretty nice paint job...the front bumper looks even more like crap since I rear-ended(no damage to either car except mine) a miata. it was at like 2 mph but it still shattered the paint underneath the clear coat so it looks like a shattered piece of glass. quite funny actually. I am going to be selling the rsx when I decide on buying the g35.

MongolPup
05-17-2006, 09:05 PM
damn man! well shit. I know how you try to keep rolling on the hottest whips; messed up paint isn't helping your image.....but hey man I got you covered. I'll PM my address so you can send the title over.

blacknightteg
Wouldn't you need an engine swap?

uh why woudl you need to do an engine swap to do an itr conversion?

MongolPup
lol...I did this to you in the last thread we talked in.

Bishop
you need the fenders, hood, bumper, grill, rad support, headlights. You also need the DA hood release cable to make it all work. The radiator support involves drilling out the spot welds and welding the new one on.

blacknightteg
05-17-2006, 09:08 PM
you need the fenders, hood, bumper, grill, rad support, headlights. You also need the DA hood release cable to make it all work. The radiator support involves drilling out the spot welds and welding the new one on.

thanks duesche bag, i know i can always count on you lol

MongolPup
uh why woudl you need to do an engine swap to do an itr conversion?

Woah woah I'm not an integra owner....but doesn't the Type R have a better engine out of the factory?

"The base (on GS and LS trim levels) 1.8-liter four-cylinder engine produces an adequate, but not ripping 140 horsepower. For mega-thrills, the GS-R boasts a VTEC-enhanced 1.8-liter inline four that cranks out 170 horsepower and 128 foot-pounds of torque. When you run the gutsy Type R to 8,000 rpm, just short of its 8,500-rpm redline, it delivers a street-racer worthy 195 horsepower, mostly due to its hand-polished intake and exhaust ports and a high-flow exhaust system. It's this raw energy that has made the Type R a cult favorite with Japanese road rocket fans."

http://www.edmunds.com/used/2001/acura/integra/100000493/review.html

Bishop
thanks duesche bag, i know i can always count on you lol
duh....thats cause you're stupid

Bishop
05-17-2006, 09:10 PM
Woah woah I'm not an integra owner....but doesn't the Type R have a better engine out of the factory?

"The base (on GS and LS trim levels) 1.8-liter four-cylinder engine produces an adequate, but not ripping 140 horsepower. For mega-thrills, the GS-R boasts a VTEC-enhanced 1.8-liter inline four that cranks out 170 horsepower and 128 foot-pounds of torque. When you run the gutsy Type R to 8,000 rpm, just short of its 8,500-rpm redline, it delivers a street-racer worthy 195 horsepower, mostly due to its hand-polished intake and exhaust ports and a high-flow exhaust system. It's this raw energy that has made the Type R a cult favorite with Japanese road rocket fans."

fuck yes........ohhh its nice. But hes just doing the cosmetic conversion....he is too gay to do the engine swap

blacknightteg
05-17-2006, 09:11 PM

i know the type-r engine is better out of the factory, but im just talking about cosmetic wise. but also, if i remember correctly type-r engines are not as good with mods as ls and gsr engines are

MongolPup
fuck yes........ohhh its nice. But hes just doing the cosmetic conversion....he is too gay to do the engine swap

Hahahahaha. Gotta go all the way! I say the ONLY way you can badge it a Type R is if you have EVERYTHING. Body AND engine.

Bishop
ehh i was told it redlined at 9k though....i drove in one with the usdm ls tac and the needle stopped at 8500 or w/e but the engine kept going

Bishop
05-17-2006, 09:12 PM
Hahahahaha. Gotta go all the way! I say the ONLY way you can badge it a Type R is if you have EVERYTHING. Body AND engine.
i say the only way to badge it a type r is if you bought it as a type r lol

ALVIN
05-17-2006, 09:14 PM
I say de-badge it if your going to do anything lol

blacknightteg
05-17-2006, 09:14 PM
yeah, it does, gsr redline at 8500 type R, redlines at 9500. i will do it all, im trying to decide which one i want to do first. lol

blacknightteg
05-17-2006, 09:16 PM

shit man.....im already kinda debaged lol, dont have an acura emblem on the back of my car lol just a place where it should be. have one on the front tho lol

MongolPup
05-17-2006, 09:16 PM

NO! BAD!

De-badging is only a good idea for the ricer's civics.....for them I see it as a way to not disrepect Honda by not having the logo on that piece of shit.

Tell me the badges are still on your RSX.

Bishop
05-17-2006, 09:17 PM
shit man.....im already kinda debaged lol, dont have an acura emblem on the back of my car lol just a place where it should be. have one on the front tho lol
LOL @ you fag

Annihilation
05-17-2006, 09:17 PM
Well here is what i would do to save u LOTS OF TIME

Just change out the upper T-bar of the radiator support, because the rest is practically identical.......u will need to also drill of 2 other brackets off the itr core support

BUT DONT DO THE SWAP,

Y? CUZ I SAID SO.....I DONT WANT IT TO GET PLAYED OUT :)

~The_Duke~
05-17-2006, 09:18 PM
I like my big red R on the back and sides of my car...:)

blacknightteg
05-17-2006, 09:18 PM
hye bitch, id put one on, i just dont have an "carbon fiber" looking one like my front to match lol

Bishop
05-17-2006, 09:19 PM
Well here is what i would do to save u LOTS OF TIME

Just change out the upper T-bar of the radiator support, because the rest is practically identical.......u will need to also drill of 2 other brackets off the itr core support

BUT DONT DO THE SWAP,

Y? CUZ I SAID SO.....I DONT WANT IT TO GET PLAYED OUT :)
lol too late for that

ALVIN
05-17-2006, 09:24 PM
yea I havent touched my rsx cosmetically just a few scratches here and there and the bumper from hell that has been through it all. Actually My front bumper, radiator support, radiator, ac condensor, and a few pipes are actually the second ones on the car since I rear-ended an avalanche with a hitch when the car was only 6 months old. At least my ass didnt get a ticket for it.

do it davison...i know your just itching to spend the money in your savings so dooo ittt. You hear of Hawthorne Farms on 78...im possibly moving into that neighborhood, unless I find a good deal on a 5 bedroom, 4 bath house that is less than 200k lol but I doubt it so I will prob. be moving into that house. lol.

R3RUN
05-17-2006, 09:33 PM
go up towards road atlanta. good sized houses up there in that price range from what i could see when i got lost. of course it would be the commute from hell.

Bishop
05-17-2006, 09:35 PM
if you want me to scope out some house for you around road atlanta let me know. I live right down the street

NAIZBST
05-17-2006, 09:38 PM
Integ97 did it himself on his Integra. I dunno how much it cost him. There is someone else on here too with an ITR frond end, but I don't remember who it was. I would talk to one of them.

well the price all depends on if you buy used or new or get the non-hid or hid headlights. and I would also go with the oem metal fenders , let me know if you need more info but black paper diary has mentioned what needs to be done.

when I did my front end, I just drilled out the spot welds on the t-bar bracket and the jdm front t- bar fit right into place. also you have to shave some metal off around where the jdm headlights curve around to the fender :goodjob:

NAIZBST
05-17-2006, 09:39 PM

the other guy on here is apexi gsr that has a jdm front :idb:

ALVIN
That would be straight as hell...the only problem is that my fiancee doesnt want to be far from her family...id love to live up around there since my new job is mainly in braselton(sp)

blacknightteg
lol shit, if i get one, im drivin to your place man lol

speedminded
05-17-2006, 09:43 PM
At first i wondered why this was in the whoreslounge, soon i realized why...it's all BULLSHIT posted! lol

Stock Honda body parts are metal and urethane, no plastic...big differance, eBay "special" shit is fiberglass or plastic, both crack...urethane doesn't.

The "ITR" conversion is not just on the Honda Integra Type-R, it is also found on the SIR-G (aka non-USDM GS-R) The only differance being the ITR has blacked out headlights.

The GS-R has an 8,400± rev limiter, the ITR is near 8,700...might very some between the 1st and 2nd gen ITR's, think mine is 8,684 or so...

Do a SEARCH on "ITR conversion" "JDM ITR" etc, specifically in the For Sale section and see what they sell for...there have been at least 5 or 6 complete frontends sold on here in the past year, or since IA was hacked around this time last year. Then go to team-integra.com and Honda-tech and there are dozens more for sale. Doesn't matter what someone else paid bc the exact same deal isn't going to be found.

The best thing would just buy a complete front clip for $4k+ and maybe even get lucky and get a good jdm itr momo steering wheel with it. You'll have the engine, transmission, spare suspension and axles plus the the fender, hood, bumper, grill, radiator support, lights, etc.

Bishop
05-17-2006, 09:45 PM
the other guy on here is apexi gsr that has a jdm front :idb:
guess you guys dont check out the car pics section lol...
http://forums.importatlanta.com/showthread.php?t=57041

ALVIN
05-17-2006, 09:45 PM
I meant urethane just forgot the word lol.

NAIZBST
05-17-2006, 09:51 PM
here is some pics to show you the metal that you have to cut which is the piece protruding out

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b239/sa3rteg/IM000212.jpg

and also after you drill out the spot welds and take out the factory radiator core t-bracket

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b239/sa3rteg/IM000209.jpg

NAIZBST
05-17-2006, 09:53 PM
guess you guys dont check out the car pics section lol...
http://forums.importatlanta.com/showthread.php?t=57041

yeah I knew he is doing the from himself too

Bishop
05-17-2006, 09:56 PM
yeah I knew he is doing the from himself too
ah ok...i thought you guys didnt know cause everyone kept saying 2 people on here have it

NAIZBST
05-17-2006, 09:57 PM
ah ok...i thought you guys didnt know cause everyone kept saying 2 people on here have it

you ever finish your car?

Bishop
05-17-2006, 10:03 PM
you ever finish your car?
nah i got a 98+ front end lined up...i wont get for a little bit cause hes in texas with military. Havent had time to finish the rear bumper or hood yet. Hopefully i can get them done next weekend.