PDA

View Full Version : Late as hell, but some Formula D pics

Jaimecbr900
05-17-2006, 12:46 PM
Super late, but....some Formula D pics.

Yes, I know a lot are from the same angle. I was being lazy and didn't want to move around. Mine are also no where near as creative as some of the other talented photographers around here. Anyways, as always, comments are more than welcomed. Enjoy.

~The_Duke~
05-17-2006, 12:49 PM
Least they arent shitty late like hell pics...nice pics...

Jaimecbr900
05-17-2006, 12:50 PM
more.....

A.P. Photography
05-17-2006, 12:52 PM
Great shots man.

Jaimecbr900
05-17-2006, 12:54 PM
more....

Tracy
05-17-2006, 12:58 PM
sweet!

Jaimecbr900
05-17-2006, 12:59 PM
more.....

Jaimecbr900
05-17-2006, 01:02 PM
Last set for now..... :D

Jaimecbr900
05-17-2006, 01:04 PM
Thank you Duke.

Thank you Matt.

Thank you Tracy.

:goodjob:

Tracy
05-17-2006, 01:37 PM
I hate that Evo! Evo's are not for drifting! GAH!

Jaimecbr900
05-17-2006, 01:50 PM
I hate that Evo! Evo's are not for drifting! GAH!

I knew it would get a reaction out of somebody around here...... :D

It was pretty cool looking to see it drifting though.

BTW, I'm gonna put up a little sumpin' for you in a minute.... ;)

Tracy
05-17-2006, 01:51 PM
I knew it would get a reaction out of somebody around here...... :D

It was pretty cool looking to see it drifting though.

BTW, I'm gonna put up a little sumpin' for you in a minute.... ;)

uh oh! I think I'm excited :o

Jaimecbr900
05-17-2006, 02:17 PM
uh oh! I think I'm excited :o

I didn't get a chance to work on them too much last night. I was tired and hungry.

There's a couple of them in the calendar thread in the photo forum. :goodjob:

aaronfelipe
05-17-2006, 02:18 PM
They look great!

Damn, I want to be able to take pics like that...

The Yousef
05-17-2006, 02:29 PM
great pics Jaime :goodjob:

Jaimecbr900
05-17-2006, 02:32 PM
They look great!

Damn, I want to be able to take pics like that...

Thanks and I'm sure you could if you tried. :goodjob:

A.P. Photography
05-17-2006, 02:35 PM
Thanks and I'm sure you could if you tried. :goodjob:
~Hangs head in shame and starts account for an "L" lense~

Jaimecbr900
05-17-2006, 02:48 PM
~Hangs head in shame and starts account for an "L" lense~

Oh stop it! Your pics were perfectly fine. We talked about that last night. You're just too hard on yourself. ;)

Jaimecbr900
05-17-2006, 02:51 PM
Thanks Yousef..... :goodjob:

A.P. Photography
05-17-2006, 02:51 PM
I know I know. But the L can pull more color out than the other lenses and is a faster lense overall. So I will keep using the ones I have till I can get the almight 70-200 F2.8 L

Jaimecbr900
05-17-2006, 02:56 PM
I know I know. But the L can pull more color out than the other lenses and is a faster lense overall. So I will keep using the ones I have till I can get the almight 70-200 F2.8 L

Give a brotha SOME credit......it's not just the shoes that made Michael Jordan fly...... ;) :D

A.P. Photography
05-17-2006, 03:07 PM
Give a brotha SOME credit......it's not just the shoes that made Michael Jordan fly...... ;) :D
Oh you get credit, just making a broad overall statement. :goodjob:

Jaimecbr900
05-17-2006, 11:37 PM
The one with the backfire was one of the luckiest shots I've ever taken. I happened to be snapping it as he backfired.

QuickBrick
05-18-2006, 12:02 AM
Very nice Jaime! On the couple of the motion shots that you took were you shooting at a 50th or 60th?

T :D

Jaimecbr900
05-18-2006, 12:24 AM
Very nice Jaime! On the couple of the motion shots that you took were you shooting at a 50th or 60th?

What's up Mr. Tom.... :D

Both were shot at 1/60th, f/22 and f/16, @ 200mm, with an ISO of 200. That was my first real attempt at that kind of pic, so I have to practice with it a lot more. I wanted more of effect like what I've seen in Nemesis and Matt's shots. I think I was a little too far away or should've slowed it down a little more though. Not sure.

Any suggestions?

Ronv350z
05-18-2006, 08:18 AM
The one with the backfire was one of the luckiest shots I've ever taken. I happened to be snapping it as he backfired.
That was a great shot with the fire in it, and amazing timing. And the bumper shot was amazing too

Jaimecbr900
05-18-2006, 10:18 AM
That was a great shot with the fire in it, and amazing timing. And the bumper shot was amazing too

Thanks Ron.

I've got something for you too. I'll post it up this evening when I get home. ;)

A.P. Photography
05-18-2006, 10:24 AM
You were shooting WAY slower than I have ever shot. I will talk to you about it in person next time I see you on how I do mine.

Jaimecbr900
05-18-2006, 10:38 AM
You were shooting WAY slower than I have ever shot. I will talk to you about it in person next time I see you on how I do mine.

Like I said, I'm very green in that style of shooting. I'm merely guessing at the technique and settings. I tried several different settings but they were way too slow or I was way too slow, one of the two. :dunno:

A.P. Photography
05-18-2006, 10:42 AM
Drifting is hard to get cause sometimes the car will be going faster/slower on one part than the part you are focusing on. DGTrials was my first event where I got it right, Formula D I was getting my but kicked by the sun.clouds/sun/clouds/sun and it kept messing up my settings cause I was shooting into the sun so it would blow out the pics or underexpose them when I had it on manual so I flipped it to Tv and set the speed and it ended up dropping the ISO down too much for me to work it right. Like Tom got me to understand, it was a great learning expierence.

Jaimecbr900
05-18-2006, 11:24 AM
I'll just have to get more practice at it. Too bad Drifting like that only happens a couple of times a year.

QuickBrick
05-18-2006, 11:51 AM
What's up Mr. Tom.... :D

Same oh chit buddy :D

It was good to see you at drift, wish I could have spent a little more time with ya but I was filling ALL my memory cards that day along with coordinating the models…

On the permission thing (earlier in the thread), if you’re looking for permission on the Cooper girls go ahead, I’d love to see them and might send a few over to Cooper...

Both were shot at 1/60th, f/22 and f/16, @ 200mm, with an ISO of 200. That was my first real attempt at that kind of pic, so I have to practice with it a lot more. I wanted more of effect like what I've seen in Nemesis and Matt's shots. I think I was a little too far away or should've slowed it down a little more though. Not sure.

Any suggestions?

Matt’s on track Jaime, but absolutely, I’ll send over a PM later tonight… ;)

Again, enjoyed the shots bro… :goodjob:

P.S. After reading the last post, another great place to practice those shots would be Commerce (at the end of the bleachers)…

Jaimecbr900
05-18-2006, 12:02 PM
On the permission thing (earlier in the thread), if you’re looking for permission on the Cooper girls go ahead, I’d love to see them and might send a few over to Cooper...

I'll post up some more of the Cooper cars for ya.

Not that kind of permission exactly. Patrycja doesn't like me posting pics of her w/o her seeing them first. I wanna respect that.....since she would kick my ass if I didn't :D :D . I'll show her all her pics on Sat at the shop and she'll either give the go or no go I'm sure. :goodjob:

Matt’s on track Jaime, but absolutely, I’ll send over a PM later tonight… ;)

Again, enjoyed the shots bro… :goodjob:

P.S. After reading the last post, another great place to practice those shots would be Commerce (at the end of the bleachers)…

I look forward to the PM. I'm always game for learning something new. I've wanted to do those kinds of shots for a while, but never seem to get them quite right.

The only problem with Commerce is that "open track" night I don't think they have enough lighting towards the end of the track. They're also sticklers about not letting anyone close enough to the action. It would probably work near the 60'-330' mark though.

IF I get to make it to Commerce on Friday night, I'll see for sure. :goodjob:

QuickBrick
05-18-2006, 12:35 PM
I can relate the "I've got to see them first" thingy... LOL

Hit Commerce on Saturday not Friday night Jaime (unless your shooting Red or racing yourself). You’ll have more daylight to shoot which helps your learn to adjust for different lighting conditions (time of day). Utilize a laptop to check your shots at the track and make adjustments then go back for more. You'll have plenty of time and find it shortens the learning curve...

A.P. Photography
05-18-2006, 12:49 PM
I can relate the "I've got to see them first" thingy... LOL

Hit Commerce on Saturday not Friday night Jaime (unless your shooting Red or racing yourself). You’ll have more daylight to shoot which helps your learn to adjust for different lighting conditions (time of day). Utilize a laptop to check your shots at the track and make adjustments then go back for more. You'll have plenty of time and find it shortens the learning curve...

LOL so can I.

A laptop does help as I have found that out recently. It came in very handy on Monday night especially when it was my first time using the flash.

Oh and Tom, just a reminder about my PM. Gotta have feedback on those as well bud. Oh yeah, where do you want me to email the pics from the cooper booth too? The ones you were helping me with.

QuickBrick
05-18-2006, 12:57 PM
Sorry Matt my bad on the late feedback I've been swamped this week, kind of why I took last night off (photo wise)...

I'll send you a PM with my email addy and after work tonight give you that feedback bud...

Looking forward to the model shots and send over a few of your flash shots from Monday night, I’d love to see them...

A.P. Photography
05-18-2006, 01:01 PM
Will do.

Nomad!
05-18-2006, 01:38 PM
Excellent pics :goodjob:

...but where's the Charger? :(