PDA

View Full Version : Need Advice on Buying a Rebuilt Title Si

CiVeK9
05-04-2005, 10:18 AM
I finally found a red Si with about 86000 miles on it going for about $6000. The car was hit on the side so the driver door, fender and hood had to be replace. The guy had the whole car painted and it looks brand new. Everything is compeltely stock and all emblems are intact. I was told that since it has a "rebuilt" title there was no way i could get it changed to a clean title even if i brought it through a state inspection. Also if my car was ever totaled out that the insurance would only pay half of what the salvage title. is any of that true? help me out here

SniperJoe
05-04-2005, 10:51 AM
Honestly, I wouldn't do it. You can't really change it to a clean title (as far as I'm aware) and if you ever decide to sell the car, you will have a terrible time. I have a rebuilt title on my car and I'm just going to have to keep it forever.

civic95
05-04-2005, 01:50 PM
I think the owner had to have it inspected to have it changed from a salvaged title to rebuilt title. It'll never have a clean title again. You should be able to get insurance, but selling it later will be a pain.

soul
05-04-2005, 02:29 PM
why not buy my EBP SI :)
only 6800

FrnkPwrs
05-04-2005, 02:39 PM
I used to be able to give you all the info in this busject but i havent rebuilt a car in a minute. The way it used to be back in the day was that after inspection, the title would be just like any other, no rebuilt, no salvage history, none of that on the actual title, but it would show like in a carfax. But i heard that now it says on the actual title that they would put something like "Salvage History" on i. This is fairly recent. The last car I inspected was last year, around september or so, so the law is fairly new. My neighbor just got a car done and drove it to SC to get a clean title on it and didnt have to wait or anything, they did it all in one day. Here, I used to go to Gainesville, and they do inspection like every other tuesday. There are tons of papaerwork, all types of shit you have to handle. If you arent ready for that, then dont buy the car. You car can fail inspection. Legally you cant drive it unless it is inspected. If you drive it to the inspection yard you fail. There are tons of ways to fail. The most important thing is that you have to show where it was damaged before the inspection, and your not allowed to paint it. If he painted it before taking it to inspection, or expects you tot take it to inspection, then there is a problem. Some places wont inspect it, some places will definately put salvage letter on the title. Depends on if that extra stuff is worth what you save. Now me personally Id never buy a salavage luxury car. Salvage Porsche, Bimmer, Mercedes, Vette, Hell no. Civic, Integra, Corolla, hell yea.