PDA

View Full Version : Bad Week For Terrorists..... Good For The U.S

Brett
05-04-2005, 10:12 AM
First the news breaks yesterday about the morale of the terrorists being so low ( See post I made yesterday ) and now this on cnn.com today...... The capture of the #3 man in Al Quida who may have direct knowledge of where Bin laden is ( He works directly with him.

http://i.a.cnn.net/cnn/2005/WORLD/asiapcf/05/04/pakistan.arrest/long.libbi.ap.jpg

LAHORE, Pakistan (CNN) -- The alleged number three man in al Qaeda has been captured along with 10 other suspected members of the terror group in Pakistan's frontier province with Afghanistan, Pakistani and U.S. officials have confirmed.

Pakistan's information minister, Pakistani intelligence officials and U.S. counterterrorism authorities told CNN that top al Qaeda operative Abu Faraj al-Libbi and three other al Qaeda suspects were arrested Monday in Mardan, a city in a northwest Pakistani province on the border of Afghanistan.

That frontier province, U.S. intelligence reports have consistently said, is where it is also believed that al Qaeda leader Osama bin Laden and his top deputy, Ayman al-Zawahiri, are currently hiding.

Al-Libbi -- believed to be responsible for the terror group's global operations and blamed for masterminding two assassination attempts against Pakistan's president -- is a Libyan and has a $1 million bounty on his head.

"He was the most wanted man in Pakistan and he's a big catch," said Pakistani Information Minister Sheikh Rashid Ahmad in an interview with CNN. "It's a good sign and we are going in the right direction."

In Washington, U.S. counterterrorism officials told CNN al-Libbi's capture was due to U.S. intelligence. The officials suggested that someone working for U.S. intelligence was providing information to the CIA.

President George W. Bush said the arrest of al-Libbi "represents a critical victory in the war on terror."

Bush called him "a major facilitator and a chief planner" for al Qaeda and said his arrest "removes a dangerous enemy who is a direct threat to America and for those who love freedom."

"I applaud the Pakistani government for their strong cooperation in the war on terror," Bush said, adding that the Pakistanis had acted on "solid intelligence" to bring him to justice and vowing that those fighting terrorism will "stay on the offensive the offensive until al Qaeda is defeated."

One U.S. intelligence official said al-Libbi's capture was "very significant."

Ahmad said there had not yet been any requests from the United States to interview al-Libbi.

In another raid, this one early Wednesday in Bajore on the northwestern frontier near the Afghan border, intelligence officials and local police told CNN seven al Qaeda members were arrested.

The operation began with a raid on a house by Pakistani army commandos, security agency officers and helicopters, officials said.

Three of the men arrested are Afghan, three are Pakistani and one's nationality is not yet known, the officials added.

U.S. counterterrorism officials believe al-Libbi took on the role of No. 3 in al Qaeda following the March 2003 capture of Khalid Sheikh Mohammed.

They said he was responsible for al Qaeda's global operations -- including plotting attacks against the U.S. homeland -- and was the mastermind behind two failed assassination attempts against Pakistani President Pervez Musharraf.

Al-Libbi was among six suspects identified as Pakistan's "Most Wanted Terrorists" in a poster campaign last year

FrnkPwrs
05-04-2005, 10:27 AM
Definately a good capture

Brett
05-04-2005, 10:35 AM
And the funny thing is they all snitch like a mother fucker once we get them, I wouldnt be suprised if this leads to a capture of Bin Laden.

RBpoweredSileighty
05-04-2005, 11:01 AM
hopefully it will, we need that mother F'r locked up and key thrown away

speedracer41
05-04-2005, 11:03 AM
Another point for the good guys!

AtifSajid
05-04-2005, 11:39 AM
1 mill to capture him, damn I wish I was closer to that area...lol..just kidding.

trythefly
05-04-2005, 11:49 AM
good capture for sure....

Fhttp://www.creationsbydawn.net/graphic/patriotic-page/usa-flag.gifCK TERRORISM!

Brandon C
05-04-2005, 12:23 PM
Wow....Anotherf One...I just wish they would hurry up and get all these fools so our troops could be pulled back out..

BOOSTEDeg
05-04-2005, 12:28 PM
Should probably line them up in front of a camera and execute them, send the tape to Osama like he does us. But why stoop to their level, we are much more civilized than that. Eventually one of the ones we grab is going to rat Osama out.

Kristi
05-04-2005, 01:05 PM
that is good and i hope he tells us where bin laden is....and btw that is one really ugly mo fo. damn

lemansz
05-04-2005, 01:34 PM
America !!

Fuct Chea!

FrnkPwrs
05-04-2005, 02:29 PM
If he does snitch, I think it will take a while. If we as the US go by the ruels of interrogation, torture is not legal, so I think anyone who has subjected themself to things like living underground and in caverns is going to be phased much by alternating meal and sleep schedules. Especially if it is someone who will more than likely give their life for their cause

Brett
05-04-2005, 02:46 PM
True, But these guys all seem to start talking right away, they are all tough guys till they get handed over to us, then all the sudden they talk non stop on what they know.

Bajjani
05-04-2005, 03:56 PM
ahh, fuck the book, torture the son of the bitch..in the end it will help more people than the one poor sap it hurts...

JustinSane110™
05-04-2005, 04:21 PM
ahh, fuck the book, torture the son of the bitch..in the end it will help more people than the one poor sap it hurts...
Damn right. Then when they finally get Osamas ass they need to hog tie his ass in a cage with about 3 pissed off Silverback gorillas and put that shit on PPV. Hell I'd pay to see it, then FOX can have the reshow of it and add it to their "When Animals Attack" shows.

Brett
05-04-2005, 04:25 PM
Fuck that, thats to easy on him, Id like to see him get beheaded with a dull blade and it take about 5 minutes for him to die while they slowley cut into his neck and twist his head off. ON PAY PER VIEW

Julio
05-04-2005, 04:26 PM
Good catch... But I have a feeling when they catch Bin laden, shit wont stop there...

Brett
05-04-2005, 04:29 PM
It wont, he has followers, but not as demented and smart as he is, thats for sure.

JustinSane110™
05-04-2005, 04:29 PM
Fuck that, thats to easy on him, Id like to see him get beheaded with a dull blade and it take about 5 minutes for him to die while they slowley cut into his neck and twist his head off. ON PAY PER VIEW
That'll work too but how about this, we let the gorilla pull his arms off first??

Brett
05-04-2005, 08:01 PM
Works for me...lol

civic95
05-05-2005, 12:39 PM
Well it looked promising, but this has been one of the deadliest weeks in Iraq in a while