PDA

View Full Version : Launched my new site - StudioThreeHundred.com

threehundred
05-16-2006, 01:55 PM
I finally launched my website, StudioThreeHundred.com (http://www.studiothreehundred.com). Take a look around and give me any suggestions, comments or whatever you'd like. I'm going to try and put as much shit as I can on there, the goal being to get as high in the Search Engine rankings as possible. Let me know what you guys think and what you'd like to see. Right now, it mostly consists of articles, but I can add anything and everything.

Bookmark it, visit often. You know you want to...

quickdodgeŽ
05-16-2006, 01:59 PM
I'd like to see a link to my website there. Lolol. Other than that, it looks great. Later, QD.

AtifSajid
05-16-2006, 02:04 PM
You should make it where a seperate window pops open instead of the different link replacing your web-site, I had to hit back 3 X to get back to your web-site..

Sledlude
05-16-2006, 02:08 PM
its the muthafuckin juggernaut, bitch!

tight chris.

threehundred
05-16-2006, 02:13 PM
Thanks for the advice, Atif. I don't know why I hadn't already thought of that.

v3rd1g0
05-16-2006, 02:55 PM
hmm couple of comments from me:

-The background looks cool and all but it's kinda like...whats the point. Maybe a different design or something. or just straight up red.

-Putting navigation has always been a no no in my book. I know it's "different" but most people look for navigation on the left side. It would make it a little bit easier to have it on the left and the ads on the right.

-The ads...GOOD LORD MANG!!!! haha i understand they might bring in some income or get you higher is searches, but sheesh. Everywhere i look for something relevant i see an ad. They are well mixed in with the layout though. I do like that factor.

-Was the layout made for IE only? Seems nice looking in IE, but when you open it in firefox the tables have shadows and its kinda like eww. Might want to think about making it multi browser.

-The music player is a cool idea, i would say put it somewhere else thoough. Try to keep your information on the upper part of the screen.

Good things i saw:

-User interaction is a big plus.

-Straight forward navigation

-Eye pleasing colors

Looks good just a few things that are my pet peeves and stuff lol. Don't take anything to heart tho. Just shit i picked up from a few classes and 5 years of fooling around with web design XD.

Sledlude
05-16-2006, 04:56 PM
i think you should put some games or comics or videos on there so stoners like me can enjoy it and take a break from reading the articles you have on there :). just a suggestion.

Wurm
05-16-2006, 05:14 PM
juggernaut bitch

4dmin
05-16-2006, 08:08 PM
not feeling it man... everything runs together... what is the site for?

juggernaut/bg is cool.

TheSnail
05-16-2006, 08:18 PM
You should add something like this in it. Make a StudioThreehundred mascot.

http://www.mrcomputerservices.com/DancingHippo.htm

threehundred
05-17-2006, 08:08 AM
Made some changes that verd1g0 suggested. Still looking for more ideas as to what to do with the site. It really doesn't have a direction right now, as its only goal is to generate traffic. I can easily change it into whatever genre I'd like, just not sure which direction to take it in.

4dmin
05-17-2006, 08:41 AM
if your planning on using this for your work/projects i would focus on that and not the traffic, to me it doesn't do anything for your work, i've seen you do better shit from a design standpoint.

if its going to be an information site then it may work.

slowrolla97
05-17-2006, 11:31 AM
I like the music thing. Thats cool. I do not know much about web design so I cant really give ya any input.

v3rd1g0
05-17-2006, 01:49 PM
I like the music thing. Thats cool. I do not know much about web design so I cant really give ya any input.

your just the type of input he needs. the average user visiting the website.

Nemesis
05-17-2006, 02:05 PM
haha damn...

Slowrolla97= average :lmao:

threehundred
05-17-2006, 02:46 PM
your just the type of input he needs. the average user visiting the website.

I agree, that's exactly the type of input I need. From the unbiased, average web surfer.