PDA

View Full Version : good audio equiment

97lude
05-15-2006, 02:15 PM
where is a good palce to buy audio stuff? like subs, comp. set, amp. been looking on here but nobody has exactly what im looking for. not looking to go super expensive.For example hifi buys whated to charge 2200 for 1 w6,compset, amp and cap plus install. I could buy another car for that price! let me know need help

sina518
05-15-2006, 03:33 PM
traffic jams 770 271 3772, we will take care of you

rollininstyle2004
05-15-2006, 10:48 PM
traffic jams 770 271 3772, we will take care of you
:werd:

BanginJimmy
05-18-2006, 07:10 PM
just look around at all the shops in your area. If your looking at JL your going to pay out your ass for it. Most shops have something for everyone though. I would advise staying away from the big chains though simply for the fact that you can usually deal with a shop on price. IE throwing in a free had unit install or amp kit. That all depends on what all you are getting done though.

97lude
05-19-2006, 12:58 AM
im not looking to buy from a shop i am going to buy myself just asking for advice

SRCRX
09-22-2006, 01:25 PM
im not looking to buy from a shop i am going to buy myself just asking for advice

??:thinking:

I see your in Athens, I have a few customers in Athens that I can call for you,
set it up brfore u even walk in the door!!

Pm me if you any questions.

Kyle
10-28-2006, 12:28 AM
Hmmm. Online at onlinecarstereo.com, woofersetc.com. As Dave Chappelle would say "fuck the middle man." Buy directly, because stores have to mark prices up to compensate for overhead costs, like building in shit, but online pays very few costs so markup is minimal. I'm sure you know that though.

BanginJimmy
10-28-2006, 04:49 PM
Hmmm. Online at onlinecarstereo.com, woofersetc.com. As Dave Chappelle would say "fuck the middle man." Buy directly, because stores have to mark prices up to compensate for overhead costs, like building in shit, but online pays very few costs so markup is minimal. I'm sure you know that though.

buying online is not skipping the middle man, online shops ARE the middle man.

online shops can under sell a real shop for quite a few reasons. The most important to the ned user is that VERY FEW online places offer a warranty, and far less offer a manufacturers warranty.

Kyle
10-29-2006, 12:40 AM
Yeah, you are definately right. I must say I was over eager to quote Chappelle show. It happens. As for warranties I have no experience, doesn't the speaker company just require the bill of sale? I blew my voice coil on my MB Quart and the store that sold it to me told me to contact the manufacturer and mail in the bill of sale with it.

BanginJimmy
10-29-2006, 12:57 AM
thats all you need if you buy from an authorized dealer. Most manufacturers know who they sold a particular piece to by checking the serial number on it. If they sold it to say woofersetc.com, they know not to honor any warranty on it.

I didnt say it in my other post so I'll say it now. Alot of what you buy online is either b-stocks or repaired items. The best chance you have a getting a truely new item is getting the previous years model. Those are usually sold off to unauthorized dealers after the new model becomes available.

Kyle
10-29-2006, 01:24 AM
My friend got a type x for 300 and it seemed fine. Any way of knowing if it's a b stock?

gobraves00
10-29-2006, 05:42 AM
www.judysdeals.com

§treet_§peed
10-29-2006, 02:33 PM
PENDERGRASS FLEA MARKET FTW!!!