PDA

View Full Version : Misc The Aftermath of My surgery ( VIEWERS BEWARE...Not for the weak)

Annihilation
05-14-2006, 01:17 PM
Well some of yall know i went through surgery last Thursday 5/4

Well
I have Chrones disease....its a hereditary disease
its like very small ulcers in my intestines
I was diagnosed last year and they noticed a stricture in my intestine.....well what happen is that a small section of my small intestine had shrank and it became hard for me to digest harder food....as time passed it became worse and they decided to take out the stricture.

ended up taking out 7inches of my small intestine

well i woke up to a hose through my nose and down into my stomach pumping out green fluid....oxygen lines, and hose up my dick to my bladder (i cant even tell when i'm pissing)...and heating vibration wraps on my legs
I spent 5 days in the hospital till i was released...no food for 4days
Most aggravating part was that i couldn’t "fart" , yes that’s right i had to pass gas before they would release me....they wanted to make sure that my digestive system has waken up...

I was sent home on pain killers and 25 staples on my belly
Everyday was painful....hard to walk due to sharp pains in my nerves and most of my night i spent cleaning myself up because i always had fluid drainage from my wounds....doctors said it was normal for fluid to drain out for atleast 2 wks.....well then i noticed that if the fluid was not draining that it was harder for me to walk ....so i went to the Emergency room yesterday....

after 4 hrs waiting one of the surgeons that had done the surgery on me had came and looked at the staples

although from the outside there was no sign of infection, then he pushed around the wound and the fluid which came out was reddish and he decided to take out a couple staples to take the fluid out

Well long story short he ended up taking them all out because the whole interior of the wound was filled with liquid

now they have left it open to heal from inside out
I have to fill the wound with a cloth and every 12hrs change it out

my question is that...does anyone know what i can put on it ones the top layer of my skin starts to heal to show less signs of scaring...i just dont want the bubble looking scar that most people get from open wounds...u know how it sticks out when it heals....i just want it to be flush even if you can see the scar

Julio
05-14-2006, 01:28 PM
thats fucked up.. Someone told me Coccoa butter after everything is healed. I may be wrong though.

Wurm
05-14-2006, 02:03 PM
thats pretty nasty looking. Looks like some flesh eating disease

hondababie69
05-14-2006, 02:29 PM
hope everything goes okay w/ u sorry to hear that i know how it feels to have a tube up ur nose and down ur throat it really hurts i had a problem with my stomach back in 02 and was hospitalized hope u get well soon

£G2♣
05-14-2006, 02:45 PM
damn oz u had a c section yo.......who was da baby daddy.........:lmao:.....:werd:........jp...hope yo ass get better soon.....

Brut
05-14-2006, 03:32 PM
that sucks

RandomGuy
05-14-2006, 05:35 PM
oh shit man!! let me know if u need antyhing

Shawna
05-14-2006, 06:29 PM
my whole family minus a few have chrones so i know how you feel going through all of this. my dad was on chemo for years to keep it under control. they make stuff that you can get in places like walmart that reduce the look of scars but also the cocoa butter thing does actually work...

you are very lucky that its not worse....it can pretty much eat your body from the inside out in some people. good luck getting better!!!!!! :goodjob:

LiL PaKi
05-14-2006, 07:31 PM
there are more pics.. the ones I sent to your t-mobile album...

IndianStig
05-14-2006, 10:21 PM
I hope you get better man. I lost a very close uncle to Chrones and Colon Cancer. First he had Chrones and he later developed cancer. Another uncler who also has Chrones is a scientist at a British hospital ( I believe Kings Cross?? idk) and he works there in the labs actively looking for cures to the disease.

I know what you are going through. Also, wasn't it your boy that had cancer and you made a thread for him a few weeks back?

The Golden Child
05-15-2006, 01:13 PM
wow daymmm oz dahz some serious shit right therer ..
uhm put some anbesol and band aid over that ..
it would suck to get some more infections when its healing open like that ..

~The_Duke~
05-15-2006, 02:58 PM
ouch...I hope you get to feeling better...

Annihilation
05-15-2006, 03:50 PM
Some good news today

I had a Doc's Appt today and he said that the wound will contract on its own as it heals and close up within 2weeks......says there should be minimal sign of scaring*

but just to be on the safe side, i make sure to squeeze the skin together when i put the band aid on it

~The_Duke~
05-15-2006, 04:01 PM
Well that is good...squeezing the skin to get when putting on the band-aid is a good idea. I had my apendix removed and I did that and there isnt much of a scare left now.

99ITRGIRL
05-15-2006, 06:45 PM
ewwww...yuck!! That's good that it will close up. Hmm..about helping it heal, cocoa butter is good, but I would ask your Dr. I'm sure he knows the best. I had back surgery in 2000 and should have used something to prevent scaring but didnt. Oh well. Its not that bad. Its kinda cool bc I get to tell the story to people ;) oh, and DO EVERYTHING THE DR. SAYS!!!!!

HyPer50
05-15-2006, 08:47 PM
Ouch. Ya, I'd try cocoa butter, or they have stuff out there thats specifically for scars (more expensive). Wish I would of done somethin', cause now I got a nasty lookin' scar on my shoulder heh.. G'luck man.

1439/2000
05-15-2006, 09:03 PM
Damn dude I have Crohn's disease too. I was diagnosed with it when I was 15. The first 3 years were really rough. But after that I haven't had any flare ups. I had my surgeries too but they were all done through a colonoscopy. The disease is like the worst pain you've ever felt to "Hey this isn't so bad" in days. It sucks.

Good luck with it man.

Oh and by the way, once the wound has closed, put myderma on it. You can get it at drug stores and it reduces the appearance of scars.

Annihilation
05-15-2006, 09:55 PM
ya man those flare ups are Crazy...never felt so much pain in my life....i remember once ..I told my Dad to KNOCK ME OUT..its like someone stabbing you.....cuz shit hurt like a mofo...but after I started taking the medication, no flare ups at all

silversol
05-16-2006, 12:44 AM
wow I know what a bad surgery that is my best friend rolled a 4wheeler on himself and has a simmilar surgery! had his splean and part of his intestine removed! it took a while to get his strength back after the surgery. but do the best you can to take care of the scar my buddy did nothing about it and a year later the scar still looks fresh! good luck on getting better.

tatodotcom
05-16-2006, 06:41 PM
hose up the penis into the bladder sucks(aka catheter). get well man

kitkat
05-16-2006, 07:37 PM
NOTHING ON IT TILL IT HEALS!! Im a nurse and if you start rubbing shit in it your going to end up with a infection and so on..Once it has healed or at least closed and got new skin on it you can start rubbing merdurma(sp) on it but the cocoa butter helps to add moisture to it and that will help it AFTER IT FULLY healed till that point nothing till it closes..Did they tell you to pack it with gauze and clean it with light soap and water? and DON"T pinch it together..if air can't get into it to dry it then it won't drain and it will scar worse with it pinched up because alot of time the edges of skin get "crusty" and if those area seal and will make a bumpy scar....

Annihilation
05-16-2006, 07:49 PM
NOTHING ON IT TILL IT HEALS!! Im a nurse and if you start rubbing shit in it your going to end up with a infection and so on..Once it has healed or at least closed and got new skin on it you can start rubbing merdurma(sp) on it but the cocoa butter helps to add moisture to it and that will help it AFTER IT FULLY healed till that point nothing till it closes..Did they tell you to pack it with gauze and clean it with light soap and water? and DON"T pinch it together..if air can't get into it to dry it then it won't drain and it will scar worse with it pinched up because alot of time the edges of skin get "crusty" and if those area seal and will make a bumpy scar....

yup i pack it with gauze...... ya i know not to put anythign on it till it heals up ...thanks for the advice...r u a nurse?

IntegraXTR
05-19-2006, 02:26 PM
damn dawg that shit looks like a c-section, lol....hope you get better though

Kevykev
05-19-2006, 06:32 PM
Damn man Serious surgury right there...Heal up man.

RandomGuy
05-20-2006, 03:49 AM
Dr. Randomguy's discount surgerys:

http://www.importatlanta.com/upload/files/299/azma23.jpg

CSquared
05-20-2006, 04:07 AM
They would honestly have to keep me under anethesia for the full two weeks because every time i looked down i would hit the floor like a ton of fucking bricks.

You are more brave than i... good luck.

premier/lizard
05-20-2006, 04:19 AM
i lost my grandmother this past jan. to the same thing. she had the exact same surgury the you had 2.5 years ago. we were told that this is a form of cancer, and at the time of surgery that chances are it would flare up again. she had not needed any treatment for two full years after surgery. when it flared back up it came with a vengance. she could not have bowel movements at all. then basically starved to death, being that every thing she ate had to come back up. this is definatly not a disease to be taken lightly. hope you get better

CSquared
05-20-2006, 01:13 PM
^cliffnotes

"You're totally fucked, but good lucky anyway."

Might want to withhold stories like that in the future.

1439/2000
05-20-2006, 01:24 PM
i lost my grandmother this past jan. to the same thing. she had the exact same surgury the you had 2.5 years ago. we were told that this is a form of cancer, and at the time of surgery that chances are it would flare up again. she had not needed any treatment for two full years after surgery. when it flared back up it came with a vengance. she could not have bowel movements at all. then basically starved to death, being that every thing she ate had to come back up. this is definatly not a disease to be taken lightly. hope you get better

Uh its not like cancer at all. It can eventually lead to colon cancer but if treated at stages like that by preventative surgery you can live and long normal lifespan.

Annihilation
05-20-2006, 04:29 PM
i dunno about all thatbut i gotta take these pills for the rest of my life...they keep the chrones from breaking out..keeps them dormant...

200sxSE
05-21-2006, 06:22 PM
dude that sucks im sorry to hear that you have that, my moms friend died from that.
Hope they get it treated and under controll, just make sure you get a seccond opinion and have the best doctors, its your life your talking about, alot of people are cheap and bargin shop for medical stuff, ive never understood that.
Well keep us updated, and post up some more pics! hows the recovery comming?
if you want to keep it from scaring, just keep it clean with peroxide or alcohol, whatever they suggest.

RandomGuy
05-24-2006, 02:35 AM
if you want to keep it from scaring, just keep it clean with peroxide or alcohol, whatever they suggest.
i say the same thing! he insists on using animal semen... so stubborn

kitkat
05-24-2006, 11:46 AM
Originally Posted by 200sxSE

NO NO NO thats the two worst things to put on a surgial cut..peroxide kills all bacteria including the "good" ones and alcohol can burn the new skin forming best thing to do is mild soap and water and YEs IM A TRAMA CENTER NURSE and Surgical tech! I know my info...and scar will be there no mater what depending on the doctors cut, your skin has alot to do with it and so on depends how bad the scar will be they do make stuff to help ONCE it's healed

Annihilation
05-25-2006, 05:28 PM
i'm just using the gallon of saline solution they gave me to clean out teh cut with.....its starting to close up...once i get this damn camera werking i'll get recent pics up

kitkat
05-26-2006, 12:29 AM
yeah thats the correct way to do it..hope it is healing

SixSquared
05-29-2006, 03:39 AM
jesus christ dude.. that's fucking insane! Vitamin E-based creams work well to minimize scarring, as well, and can be helpful for the rest of your life.. I had orthoscopic knee surgery when I was 10, and until I was like 16 I had bumps around my knee and a line about an inch and a half long from the scarring of the scopes.. I started putting Vitamin E lotion on my legs (and cocoa butter), and they shrank down (they were those bubble scars), and now all you see are dots and a line.. they've gone completely down. Those pics are insane... good luck and I hope everything's ok now and healing well (I know it's been a minute since this was all posted)

LiL PaKi
05-31-2006, 10:05 PM
EVERYONE PLEASE PRAY FOR MY BROTHER... he's back in the hospital and they are doing surgery again Tomorrow I believe... apparently there is an infection inside his stomach near his intestine where they cut the shrunken area... I actually havn't spoken to Oz but thats what my mother told me... :(

LiL PaKi
05-31-2006, 10:51 PM
Dajoka87: azam was sayin he didnt eat nothin since 4am so i brought him a 44oz thing of Iced tea
Dajoka87: and then i asked the nurse if he can drink it, and she said yeah
Dajoka87: so lol i gave it to him
LiL PaKi GrL 786: haha
Dajoka87: like a HUGE ASS iced tea thing
LiL PaKi GrL 786: nice.. thanks
Dajoka87: imagine me... but in Ice Tea form
Dajoka87: yeah it was that big
LiL PaKi GrL 786: hahaha
Dajoka87: lol damn so i bet they think he's a wierdo
Dajoka87: when they pump his shit
Dajoka87: it'll just be like all iced tea

Red
06-01-2006, 10:12 PM
If you wanna lighten your scars I have a lot of patients who use Mederma Skin Care For Scars. For most of them it works very well. I've heard that Coco Butter and Vitamin E are good too but I haven't heard whether or not it truly lightens them.

RandomGuy
06-02-2006, 09:26 PM
If you wanna lighten your scars I have a lot of patients who use Mederma Skin Care For Scars. For most of them it works very well. I've heard that Coco Butter and Vitamin E are good too but I haven't heard whether or not it truly lightens them.
scars are like the last thing on his mind... but will tell him that

RandomGuy
06-02-2006, 09:29 PM
lol heres like less than 24 hours before he went into the emergency:
http://www.importatlanta.com/upload/files/299/DSC00068.JPG

and heres yesterday (emergency)
http://www.importatlanta.com/upload/files/299/DSC00069.JPG

yeah still the same... still a punk blahhahah

Red
06-03-2006, 10:46 PM
scars are like the last thing on his mind... but will tell him that

Well I was actually replying to his question on the first post. Sorry, I hardly read all the posts so I don't know if I missed something. I have a lot of friends with Crohn's disease as well. My friend in class is always taking Imodium for her GI problems.

SixSquared
06-04-2006, 06:26 AM
damn hope he's ok!

gunn_bleu
06-13-2006, 06:14 PM
Damn man....

I'm suspected of having Chron's as well... now I'm terrified. =(

Glad you made it out of surgery.

Kelly_Rene
06-13-2006, 09:07 PM
Man I hope your recovery is going good. Since nothings been posted since the 2nd on your condition. Hope for a full recovery.