PDA

View Full Version : this maybe kind of stupid but....

Master Shake
05-13-2006, 10:12 AM
how you ever thought about the colors everyone sees? like, are the really the same color, or are they different and we just think they're the same cause thats what we were told growing up?

Rican219
05-13-2006, 10:14 AM
:rly:

Crack can kill.........

The Golden Child
05-13-2006, 10:15 AM
over-dosing ?? you need to chill out on the drugs bro ..

Master Shake
05-13-2006, 10:17 AM
haha, i'm not on drugs, just a tad bit hung over.
what can i say? its how i think...but seriously, think about that shit, tell me that it doesn't make sense. cause there's no way for anyone to really prove what color is what, only cause we were all taught that a certain color is what it is cause thats what were were told.

.....man i'm fucked up...i need help.

The Golden Child
05-13-2006, 10:24 AM
1-800-NEED-HELP ..

they should be able to help you out bro ..

life is a mysterious place ..
there are alot of questions unanswered ..
like aliens - ghosts - loch ness monster - big foot - abdominal snow man - chubacabra & etc ..

but again if you need help bro just call that number above ..

Halfwit
05-13-2006, 10:28 AM
yeah!! like maybe my green, is red to u, but we both know it as green!!! but we can never find out cause we have it instilled in our head that it is a certain color!!

hard to explain.

The Golden Child
05-13-2006, 10:29 AM
yeah!! like maybe my green, is red to u, but we both know it as green!!! but we can never find out cause we have it instilled in our head that it is a certain color!!

hard to explain.

i see black and white ..

Halfwit
05-13-2006, 10:30 AM
1-800-NEED-HELP ..

like aliens - ghosts - loch ness monster - big foot - abdominal snow man - chubacabra & etc ..

stomach snowman????? lol

Master Shake
05-13-2006, 10:33 AM

hard to explain.

YEA, thats what i'm tryin to say....like how do we know what color we're seeing and how we do know that its the same for everyone.

i dont' know man...its hard to explain but at least you know what i'm talking so i don't feel that stupid anymore.

Halfwit
05-13-2006, 10:35 AM
YEA, thats what i'm tryin to say....like how do we know what color we're seeing and how we do know that its the same for everyone.

i dont' know man...its hard to explain but at least you know what i'm talking so i don't feel that stupid anymore.
yeah i have tried to explain itto other ppl b4 but obviously we are the only ones with brains complex enough for such thoughts.

Master Shake
05-13-2006, 10:39 AM
i mean man this is how i think...i think about shit when i drink and shit you know. like some of the craziest possible.

i'm sure everyone has thought of this...
what is soul purpose of life? and what are we here for?

The Golden Child
05-13-2006, 10:41 AM
stomach snowman????? lol

bahahahaha i dunno man im still cracked out too ..

* dialing *

1-800-NEED-HELP ..

ECMgarrett
05-13-2006, 10:42 AM
yes, it is stupid....
think about what youre saying and the things that you know. have you ever been riding with one of your friends and they be like "check that red car out" and you look adn see a red car? ok then, youre a damn idiot.

also, they teach colors in school, so yea, youre an idiot

The Golden Child
05-13-2006, 10:42 AM
yeah i have tried to explain itto other ppl b4 but obviously we are the only ones with brains complex enough for such thoughts.

me 3 ..
is piss yellow or white ??
cause my friend said its red ..

Master Shake
05-13-2006, 10:46 AM
yes, it is stupid....
think about what youre saying and the things that you know. have you ever been riding with one of your friends and they be like "check that red car out" and you look adn see a red car? ok then, youre a damn idiot.

also, they teach colors in school, so yea, youre an idiot

man you don't get what i'm trying to say here.
so there a wall over there, and its blue. it could be blue for me and green for you, but we both call it blue. how do we know that a color for me is the exact same color for you?

if that didn't explain that you're an idiot, not me. and it tells me that you're not thinking outside the box. which is a BAD thing.

nolimitstevo....if your buddy says you're pissing red....go to the doctor.

ECMgarrett
05-13-2006, 10:49 AM
yea, IM the idiot in this thread........

Master Shake
05-13-2006, 10:54 AM
yea, IM the idiot in this thread........

i'm tryin to make a point here and you're just like "they teach colors in school"
well no shit...like i didn't know that.
man if you're just gonna get up on here and talk shit to people when you have no clue what they're talkin about then you should STFU and get on with it. dont' be postin any stupid shit that people already know.

AND don't get all in someone's thread and call them a fuckin idiot for making a statement.

quickdodgeŽ
05-13-2006, 11:01 AM
this maybe kind of stupid but....

Kind of stupid? Later, QD.

quickdodgeŽ
05-13-2006, 11:03 AM
1-800-NEED-HELP ..

Or, for the part in bold, call me. Later, QD.

Master Shake
05-13-2006, 11:04 AM
Kind of stupid? Later, QD.

yea...you can take it as either logical or stupid.
its seems to be more logical to me, that is, if you can relate to what i'm talking about.

Master Shake
05-13-2006, 11:05 AM
Or, for the part in bold, call me. Later, QD.

you think you could get rid of the ghost in my attic? that fucker is startin to piss me off, and since i can't catch his ass, i need a professional.:D

v3rd1g0
05-13-2006, 11:06 AM
how you ever thought about the colors everyone sees? like, are the really the same color, or are they different and we just think they're the same cause thats what we were told growing up?

you would not believe the many times i've sat around thinking that.

quickdodgeŽ
05-13-2006, 11:06 AM
I know exactly what you're talking about. You were the one that typed in stupid, not me. So don't get a "bloody in the marsh" attitude towards me about it. Later, QD.

quickdodgeŽ
05-13-2006, 11:07 AM
you think you could get rid of the ghost in my attic? that fucker is startin to piss me off, and since i can't catch his ass, i need a professional.:D

I can't/don't get rid of ghosts/spirits, but I can attempt to track and find out who or what it is. Later, QD.

Master Shake
05-13-2006, 11:08 AM
I know exactly what you're talking about. You were the one that typed in stupid, not me. So don't get a "bloody in the marsh" attitude towards me about it. Later, QD.

oh no attitudes. i was just saying, it all how you want to take it, like that ecgarrett guy or whatever, he thinks its stupid, and wants to call me an idiot. but if you really think about it, what i'm saying makes sense.

quickdodgeŽ
05-13-2006, 11:08 AM
you would not believe the many times i've sat around thinking that.

I've thought about shit like that on different lines. Like who are we to say that an elephant really wasn't supposed to be called a tree or some shit like that. That's as far into homo territory as I am going. Later, QD.

Master Shake
05-13-2006, 11:09 AM
I can't/don't get rid of ghosts/spirits, but I can attempt to track and find out who or what it is. Later, QD.

can you get him to stop all the racket they're makin up there? its like a ghost orgy while i'm tryin to sleep, i don't need that.

BABY J
05-13-2006, 11:11 AM
Makes 100% sense. I have had this conversation a few times in my life. And I SERIOUSLY doubt that we all see the same color the same way. I mean, there are people that are colorblind and they "learn" to know what red is... even though they do not see it as red. So since there are colorblind people, I am sure that there are people that are everywhere in between on the spectrum between 100% not colorblind, all the way to 100% colorlblind. No way that we all see the same thing exactly the same way.

Master Shake
05-13-2006, 11:13 AM
exactly.....baby j you just explained everything i was trying to say and some. +1 for you!

ECMgarrett
i'm tryin to make a point here and you're just like "they teach colors in school"
well no shit...like i didn't know that.
man if you're just gonna get up on here and talk shit to people when you have no clue what they're talkin about then you should STFU and get on with it. dont' be postin any stupid shit that people already know.

AND don't get all in someone's thread and call them a fuckin idiot for making a statement.

but the thing is that you dont make any real points in this thread. its just "like, what if my blue is someones green" haha what the fuck is that shit all about?

and dont get in something thread and call them a fucking idiot?
guess what, this is your thread and youre a fucking idiot

Wurm
I thought about it once and was like WTF why do I care what other people see

quickdodgeŽ
05-13-2006, 11:15 AM
can you get him to stop all the racket they're makin up there? its like a ghost orgy while i'm tryin to sleep, i don't need that.

No. But I have people that can. Later, QD.

BABY J
05-13-2006, 11:15 AM
I've thought about shit like that on different lines. Like who are we to say that an elephant really wasn't supposed to be called a tree or some shit like that. That's as far into homo territory as I am going. Later, QD.

Naah, an elephant is an elephant. LOL. But I know what you mean. Here is a better example:

THIS
TISH
SHIT
HITS
HIST

One of those in a "bad" word. But why? B/c SOME dumbass a long time ago said so. It is made of the SAME letters as other words and no1 gives a fuck. But you put 'em in the right order and then "OH MY GOD, YOU SAID A BAD WORD!!!" The 1st time you heard your kid curse, if you ignored it like he didn't say it he would not care... and would prolly never really say it again. But if you say "SON DON'T SAY THAT", he immediately learns it as a bad word. It's only a "bad" word b/c WE say so, not b/c it is made up of anything different than other words are made of.

purplehazing
05-13-2006, 11:16 AM
ok this is how i will clear this up for u in qd/stretch's sig where it says e- thug gangsta what color is that to u its red to me now cut your self do u see the blood.........? now do it or don't it look red and if it isn't red to u then can u please tell me what color it is

Master Shake
05-13-2006, 11:17 AM
I thought about it once and was like WTF why do I care what other people see

its all how you want to take it. but logically speaking, it all makes sense.
to be honest, i don't care about it, but when i get fucked up, i think about shit like this, same as....

what makes you any different from your dog? i mean ya'll both do the same things: eat, sleep, drink, shit, etc. when you die, we go to a "heaven", well what about your dog? does he got a "heaven" to go to as well?

BABY J
05-13-2006, 11:18 AM
but the thing is that you dont make any real points in this thread. its just "like, what if my blue is someones green" haha what the fuck is that shit all about?

You do not have the capacity for abstract thought.... at least not in this thread. It's okay though, no need to get your panties in a bunch. Some people are not capable of thinking anything out of what is considered "mainstream". LOL. You remind me of one of the guys in school when the teacher passes around an optical illusion, and every1 "sees" the hidden object except for you... and you get pissed b/c you can't see it. LOL. Then you tell every1 else "fuck that, there is NO WAY there is a house in that picture... it's just all gibberish!!" LOL

Master Shake
05-13-2006, 11:21 AM
ok this is how i will clear this up for u in qd/stretch's sig where it says e- thug gangsta what color is that to u its red to me now cut your self do u see the blood.........? now do it or don't it look red and if it isn't red to u then can u please tell me what color it is

i don't know if you know this or not but the actual color of blood is blue. it turns red when its exposed to oxygen.

yea QD's sig is red to me, as well. BUT how do we know that its the same color red though???

thats what i'm tryin to explain. most of the people reading this knows that i'm talking about. and to those people :goodjob:

purplehazing
05-13-2006, 11:22 AM
now about words that shit gets to me like who the fuck is webster and who gave him the autority to tell us what a "word" is like hmmmmmm and awwwwwww how do we know that ohfonboenbodl hbghbogdb doesn't spell intelligent or god oe etc etc etc

Master Shake
05-13-2006, 11:25 AM
Originally Posted by ECMgarrett

damn it, you got to be a retard.
think outside the fucking box. if you don't, then you're not thinking hard enough and you don't have the ability to comprehend 'technical' conversations. so in the mean time, you can sit in the corner with your thumb in your ass and call me an idiot all you like.

you're like the only person that hasn't got what i'm trying to say.
and i'm the idiot. who would've thunk it?

purplehazing
05-13-2006, 11:26 AM
i know that blood changes color when its touched by oxygen i know what your talking about but to me thats how i could explain to u that we see the same color now maybe different color eyes see different shades of red now that would be a better point to try and bring up

BABY J
05-13-2006, 11:28 AM
damn it, you got to be a retard.
think outside the fucking box. if you don't, then you're not thinking hard enough and you don't have the ability to comprehend 'technical' conversations. so in the mean time, you can sit in the corner with your thumb in your ass and call me an idiot all you like.

you're like the only person that hasn't got what i'm trying to say.
and i'm the idiot. who would've thunk it?

He is not a retard b/c he does not get it. Just like the people who do not see "REAL" red (then again, what is "REAL" red... we can go on and on... LOL) are not "wrong". It's okay that he does not get it... what a BORING ass world it would be if every1 was the same. I mean imagine a world full of sexxi Baby J's w/ huge cocks... yuk!! Luckily I am the only 1 ya know? LMAO!!!! Seriously... he should not flame b/c he thinks you are a tard, and you shouldn't flame b/c he doesn't understand your point... Saul Goode baby!

Master Shake
05-13-2006, 11:31 AM
i know that blood changes color when its touched by oxygen i know what your talking about but to me thats how i could explain to u that we see the same color now maybe different color eyes see different shades of red now that would be a better point to try and bring upvery true. i personally think that everybody see's different. there has to be 1000's of different colors out there of different shades. it is possible that everyone does see the same colors, but then it again, everyone may see differently from everyone else. to me, this is like a riddle that can't be solved, cause you can't really prove that everyone sees the same, cause what you and what i see could be different but we say its the same.

Master Shake
05-13-2006, 11:36 AM
He is not a retard b/c he does not get it. Just like the people who do not see "REAL" red (then again, what is "REAL" red... we can go on and on... LOL) are not "wrong". It's okay that he does not get it... what a BORING ass world it would be if every1 was the same. I mean imagine a world full of sexxi Baby J's w/ huge cocks... yuk!! Luckily I am the only 1 ya know? LMAO!!!! Seriously... he should not flame b/c he thinks you are a tard, and you shouldn't flame b/c he doesn't understand your point... Saul Goode baby!

it just ignorance that gets on my nerves. when i make a valid point and put it in easy-to-comprehend text, and they still don't get it, then it tells me they're not thinking outside the box. thinkin outside the box is how i think we get shit like this to make sense. in order for people to think like this, they have to have an open mind.

purplehazing
05-13-2006, 11:37 AM
now i know this might seem wered but the other day i got hit in the eye and right now when i look thru the right eye i see things with a blueish tint thats indoors but when i go out side shit switches up on me plus my eys hurts but my point is i myself see different shades of a color between my right eye and my left eye

purplehazing
05-13-2006, 11:38 AM
chink were in rome u stay????

i use to live in south rome a lil bit ago

The Golden Child
05-13-2006, 11:40 AM
man you don't get what i'm trying to say here.
so there a wall over there, and its blue. it could be blue for me and green for you, but we both call it blue. how do we know that a color for me is the exact same color for you?

if that didn't explain that you're an idiot, not me. and it tells me that you're not thinking outside the box. which is a BAD thing.

nolimitstevo....if your buddy says you're pissing red....go to the doctor.

i was just joking around ..

v3rd1g0
05-13-2006, 11:41 AM
i've got one for u. Describe red... the color.....

BABY J
05-13-2006, 11:42 AM

OUCH!!!! LOL. Good stuff...

BABY J
05-13-2006, 11:44 AM
Red is any of a number of similar colors at the lowest frequencies of light discernible by the human eye. Red light has a wavelength range of roughly 630-760 nm. Lower frequencies are called infrared, or below red.

quickdodgeŽ
05-13-2006, 11:44 AM

Bright hue. Kind of reddish in color. Later, QD.

v3rd1g0
05-13-2006, 11:46 AM
haha describing something with it's self... genius!

BABY J
05-13-2006, 11:46 AM
COLOR BLIND TEST!!!!

http://www.importatlanta.com/forums/showthread.php?p=34462845#post34462845

quickdodgeŽ
05-13-2006, 11:51 AM
haha describing something with it's self... genius!

Like that, huh. Lolol. Later, QD.

The Golden Child
05-13-2006, 11:52 AM
how about who cares were all gunna die sooner or later .. xP

v3rd1g0
05-13-2006, 11:56 AM
how about who cares were all gunna die sooner or later .. xP

now how do you know that? there could be someone that has lived for ever just sitting up in the hills kickin it. you never know....

The Golden Child
05-13-2006, 11:58 AM
now how do you know that? there could be someone that has lived for ever just sitting up in the hills kickin it. you never know....

if that was possible it would be in the world genuis world record by now ..
DUH !!!

LIRL !!!

The Golden Child
05-13-2006, 11:59 AM
o and dont make me pull a matrix on yo ass ..

ShooterMcGavin
05-13-2006, 12:00 PM
cocaine is a helluva drug

quickdodgeŽ
05-13-2006, 12:02 PM

He's probably colorblind, too. Later, QD.

aaronfelipe
05-13-2006, 12:03 PM

Crack can kill.........
:lmao: :lmfao:

The Golden Child
05-13-2006, 12:09 PM
its the X he took the red one ..

Scrilla
05-13-2006, 12:23 PM

:stupid:

Master Shake
05-13-2006, 06:40 PM
chink were in rome u stay????

i use to live in south rome a lil bit ago i just now seen this but i live out in west rome...towards coosa a little bit. like right past Rome7 theaters.

BABY J
09-26-2007, 04:21 PM

Crack can kill.........

LMAO!!! BLAST FROM THE FUCKIN PAST (the 2nd post in this thread, on page 1) but funny as hell. LMAO!

1000cckiller
09-26-2007, 04:27 PM
LMAO!!! BLAST FROM THE FUCKIN PAST (the 2nd post in this thread, on page 1) but funny as hell. LMAO!Baby J come to my house and slap me, for him starting this thread

Jecht
09-26-2007, 05:27 PM
Well why would it matter if you perceived the color as one other than what others perceive it as? If you have been raised to call what you see as purple for the color red, then what is the difference in the end? All the names are used for are to identify the color in conversations.

man
09-26-2007, 05:42 PM
The answer is this: we all see the same colors, for the most part. There is no "my red is your green"

But before I explain the science behind, I would love to hear ECM Faggot tell us.

s13sliderŽ
09-26-2007, 05:47 PM
i have actually had this same convo before , and how do we see out of our eyes anyways ?

man
09-26-2007, 05:52 PM
i have actually had this same convo before , and how do we see out of our eyes anyways ?

you don't see out of your eyes...

s13sliderŽ
09-26-2007, 05:53 PM
through/out same damn thing , you knew what i meant .

man
09-26-2007, 05:56 PM
through/out same damn thing , you knew what i meant .

Light reflects off of objects into your eyes, which is where both vision and colors come from.

cactusEG
09-26-2007, 05:58 PM

cocain is a hella of a Drug..

man
09-26-2007, 06:02 PM
For all you that say this is a dumb question, please tell him how colors and eyes work? Since apparently you all know.

s13sliderŽ
09-26-2007, 06:02 PM
cocain is a hella of a Drug..

you would know , wouldnt ya ?

s13sliderŽ
09-26-2007, 06:03 PM
shit i aint afraid to admit i dont know , im always down to learn though.

dnugs03rsx
09-26-2007, 06:03 PM
this is funny cause i just learned this in biology last week...

the colors we see are colors the object is reflecting back ..say for example a pair of jeans are blue because they do not absorb blue as easily as the do the rest of the roygbiv group..its also interesting how they make jeans look rugged and stuff they used to stone wash them or watever using stones and water in a method to age the fabric and now they use a chemical compound called cellulase which is an enzyme that breaks down the cotton because after all cotton is a plant..

man
09-26-2007, 06:04 PM
shit i aint afraid to admit i dont know , im always down to learn though.

Yeah, you didn't come in here bashing this guy like everyone else did. I bet maybe 1 or 2 people on here really know how the eyes and colors work.

s13sliderŽ
09-26-2007, 06:04 PM
+1 rsx guy

man
09-26-2007, 06:05 PM
this is funny cause i just learned this in biology last week...

the colors we see are colors the object is reflecting back ..say for example a pair of jeans are blue because they do not absorb blue as easily as the do the rest of the roygbiv group..its also interesting how they make jeans look rugged and stuff they used to stone wash them or watever using stones and water in a method to age the fabric and now they use a chemical compound called cellulase which is an enzyme that breaks down the cotton because after all cotton is a plant..

:goodjob: Although I got a kick out of the fact that you explained the jeans more than the eyes. The way eyes receive the colors is a bit more complex though.

BABY J
09-27-2007, 12:50 PM
Roy G Biv is a kool ass guy.

Ran
09-27-2007, 01:00 PM
I like this thread actually and I've wondered the same thing. There's no real definite answer that I can come to clearly. It's not about the labels, but let's try this scenario.

You're look at a red and black tile floor with your friend. You both say it's red and black. Now, let's say you swap bodies with your friend and now you're looking at the floor thru his eyes. The floor, thru his eyes but in your mind, is now yellow and blue. Even though he just said it was black and red. Likewise, he perceives them as different colors as he is looking thru your eyes. Weird, huh?

I dunno man. To try and logically explain or understand the concept takes a bit more in-depth thinking then I care to expend. I do find the topic interesting however. Reps for the thread. :)

osnap
09-27-2007, 01:16 PM
hahaha ive had the exact same thoughts before and had many a drunken conversation about this

edit - damn though, holy thread revival...

On_Her_Face
09-27-2007, 02:46 PM
Chink5 don't worry man i love acid too