PDA

View Full Version : HOW DO YOU MOTIVATE YOUR CLUB

J MAN
05-12-2006, 09:41 AM
These are a few questions for all the Club Officers out there or any one else that has some ideas.

1. How do you Keep your Club Motivated?
I have 55 Members ranging from 18 to 62. Every year we have the calander full of events catering from Car Shows, Tuner Meets, Track Days, & Road Trips.
Yet every year it is a grind to get these guys to show in any Numbers larger than 25. Most of the time its more like 15.

2. What is the typical life span of a Club before it dies out?

3. Are your Clubs as deversified as ours or do you focus on 1 to 2 things and stick with that?

4. Do you have a lot of turnover or do you keep the same core people?

5. Our website activity is minimal. 50+ registered users but only about 10 people use it. How does your Club compare?

My main goal in this is to make our Club better. Our web site is www.redlineautoclub.com (http://www.redlineautoclub.com) check it out & give some feed back.
Go easy on me, I am looking for constructive criticism. I am not looking to get baisted:D

J Man

JASONBALL
05-12-2006, 01:46 PM
well for one that is a huge range of ages.

first of all for a club to stay together. don't make anything maditory at first. Just have fun. It might be the way your expressing what you want to get across. For I had to change my way of speaking to accomodate to others and the way they heard what i had to say. make the info equal and understanable to all the ages involved. with that many people if they are spread out over a big area. designate team leaders for that section or area. that way they won't have to call long distance or wait for 3 months before they can get together with another member. those small groups can do things together in between shows and help the club and friend ship grow. Just have fun and dont' stress. everything will come together. there gonna be there if they want to be and then maybe not.

J MAN
05-15-2006, 09:33 AM
Thanks.

Most of us are here in the Marietta area but I do like the Idea of Team Leaders for each area of what people like to do.

See you Later.

J Man

429bigblock
06-20-2006, 09:48 PM
my friend evan is on that team he used to have a white 5.0

GGPIS3
06-21-2006, 02:11 PM
be a better leader.... or find better people to be in your club. if you're seriously into shows/races... u need to have a core group that sees your vision eye to eye... if people are doing their own thing... you're basically like speedmonkey with a little more organization.... get the respect of your people and as long as they are down with you and your ideas.. they will follow.. good luck. aint easy keepin people happy...

silver
06-21-2006, 02:20 PM
Hey I think I saw a prelude up at Honda today rocking your banner across the windshield.. i dunno, maybe I read it wrong, lol

silver
06-21-2006, 02:25 PM
I will say also.. dont be too strict, harsh or whatever word you want to use, I mean you have to be to a point as far as your dues/attendance to mandatory meets if you have them, but understand shit happens in peoples personal lifes.. remember that in the end its all for fun. You dont want to make your members feels as if its a Job or something they HAVE to do, they should always feel that it is something they want to do and to be a part of a creation that shares the similar interests! Cause once you have that close knit bond you will become a family.. and with a group your size you will have "clicks" per say or different groups form, but in the end you are gonna be there for each other and jsut have a good time doing whatever it is that you do...

drmcivicsi
06-21-2006, 07:47 PM
go jump off a cliff with yalls stock cars =)

SpeedMonkey
06-22-2006, 05:19 PM
go jump off a cliff with yalls stock cars =)

EL OH EL. damn jon you're a mean muffuka!

drmcivicsi
06-23-2006, 12:30 AM
EL OH EL. damn jon you're a mean muffuka!

the truth hurts most of there team are lil fucking kid with rich mommys and daddys that buy them new s2000s then go hauling ass like they are fast lol hahhaahahahahahahahahaha and they think they big shit fuck set up to some real cars and see what happens and dont say dont hate come check us out first i have and i have seen the cars and the fucking suck ballsssss all of them do thats just me tho

BigPoppaHurtm
06-23-2006, 12:34 AM
the truth hurts most of there team are lil fucking kid with rich mommys and daddys that buy them new s2000s then go hauling ass like they are fast lol hahhaahahahahahahahahaha and they think they big shit fuck set up to some real cars and see what happens and dont say dont hate come check us out first i have and i have seen the cars and the fucking suck ballsssss all of them do thats just me tho

Half that shit made zero sense yo:eye:. Punctuation and spell check are your best friends :goodjob: :lmfao:

J MAN
06-23-2006, 01:05 AM
I dont know where this guy gets his info from but 80% of our Club are 25 & older & own their own home & car.
If Speed Monkey has been to our shop then I know we treated him with respect which is not what were getting here.

We are a Auto Cross & Road Course Team mostly so we will never have a car that will place high in National Shows.

We dont Dragg Race so we wont have a lot of 500 horsepower QTR Mile cars either.

Neither of those kind of cars fit well in the kind of driving we do.

We respect those kind of cars & the people that drive them.

We dont respect Idiots.

Were not interested in conversations with Idiots.

I have met a lot of nice folks on this site & I would like to build relationships with other clubs that have similar intrest.
I am 42 & I dont have time for idiots.
I am going to ask the Admins to delete these stupid comments off my thread.

Thanks to the other guys who had positive feed back.

J Man

wantboost
06-23-2006, 01:14 AM
When you say road course do you mean track days or somthing a little more competitve? I am looking for a group to go to track days with.

wantboost
06-23-2006, 01:22 AM
I dont know where this guy gets his info from but 80% of our Club are 25 & older & own their own home & car.
If Speed Monkey has been to our shop then I know we treated him with respect which is not what were getting here.

We are a Auto Cross & Road Course Team mostly so we will never have a car that will place high in National Shows.

We dont Dragg Race so we wont have a lot of 500 horsepower QTR Mile cars either.

Neither of those kind of cars fit well in the kind of driving we do.

We respect those kind of cars & the people that drive them.

We dont respect Idiots.

Were not interested in conversations with Idiots.

I have met a lot of nice folks on this site & I would like to build relationships with other clubs that have similar intrest.
I am 42 & I dont have time for idiots.
I am going to ask the Admins to delete these stupid comments off my thread.
If they dont then that tells me all I need to know about my future on this site.

Thanks to the other guys who had positive feed back.

J Man
I personally would ignore the few smartasses on here, im sure you have had many more experiences than i have but you are getting quite a bit of exposure for your club. :2cents:

J MAN
06-23-2006, 01:26 AM
Hey Man,

We have been to Little Talladegga Grand Prix in Ala. last Aug we went to Roebling Road in Sav Ga.

We are going to Roebling Road again in November with Chin Motorsports.

Some of our guys have driven on Tracks like Road Atlanta, Barbers Motor Sports Park, & most of the Tracks on the East Coast & in Florida.

We plan to become more of a part of Chin Motorsports in 2007 which will open us up go to more of the Primere Tracks.

Your welcome to visit www.redlineautoclub.com (http://www.redlineautoclub.com/)
or www.chinmotorsports.com (http://www.chinmotorsports.com/) for more info.

We are always looking for good people.

J Man

SpeedMonkey
06-26-2006, 06:45 PM
oh ok.. there is this pack of ricers called "team Redline" or something retarded, and i think some of the people off here are confusing you with them.

i personally have no clue what DRMCIVICSI is talking about, but im gonna assume he's talking about the pack of idiots called "team redline".. his comments make sense if thats the case.

i'd also like to mention that i am not a shop basher, seems thats what some people beleive me to be, i just tell my bad experiences and demand proffesionalism and results from business owners.. the shops that i take shits on are only shops that lacked both and then some. and so far it's really only been 1 shop.. and we all know who that is.

anyway man, Speedmonkey isnt a club, its something that really has no word for it, find people that would rather be driving then sitting down watching TV and you should be ok