PDA

View Full Version : Power Mods Need help with 93 dx civic hatchback

supermaninsatl
05-03-2005, 03:03 PM
To: Importers of Atl.

My problem is that my 93 Civic will not start. It will trun over all day, but when it comes down to starting the motor it will not happen. It first started by when i was driving the car it would start acting like it was getting little gas, and it would cut off. But it would start back up with out a problem and it would be fine for a while, then it would do it agin. Then one day i was driving it cut off and it would not start back up at all. So with in the last week i have spent about 500.00 in parts. and nothing seem like its working. Their for i have replaced the parts as listed.... Spark plugs(NGK-> gap is at .039) and wires and cap, disturbtor(houseing and all), map sen,O2 sen, Main relay, fuel filter,fuel pressure regaltor.

I really don't know that much about hondas and all so plz tell me what in the hell i'm i doing wrong.

Supermaninsatl

phantom_hatch
05-04-2005, 10:39 PM
are you getting spark? are you getting fuel at the injectors?

howiemaui
12-19-2005, 03:21 PM
I am new to this stuff but I am having trouble with my 93 honda civic hatchback it is the same as u described but my distributor shaft started to sieze so I went to napa and got a reman. I replaced it then I drove it for 3 days and then it cut out about 3 times but stayed running then I shut it of and it wouldn't start back up so I traded in the dist. and it still would'nt start I had just replaced the cap,rotor, wires and plugs and it still won't spark, I let it sit for a week then replaced the battery still nothing. then one day I jump started it and it would run but if i shut it off i would have to jump it again so i would leave it running, drove it for a week or two and now it won't spark at all not even with a jump.

burnout1990
12-19-2005, 04:43 PM
if you spent 500 in parts my advice is just put a ls in it and be done lol

i4_garage
12-19-2005, 08:20 PM
maybe ur motor is not getting any air ..nor spark nor fuel....where u located?...i can scan it for u and knwo the problem quick...

iNsTuN nOoDoH
12-19-2005, 11:40 PM
What's your compression?

civic95
12-20-2005, 08:38 AM
First thing you need to establish is whats missing? Either your not getting spark, or your not getting fuel. To check for spark, pull one plug wire off at the plug. Stick a small screwdriver in the wires boot so it makes contact with the metal peice that snaps on the plug. Then lay the screw driver on the valve cover a few mm above a valve cover bolt. Make sure your not touching it, and have someone else try to start the car. If you see a spark between the sd, and the bolt, you know your problem is fuel related. If not, you know your problem is ignition related.

B16a2 Civic
12-20-2005, 08:44 AM
First thing you need to establish is whats missing? Either your not getting spark, or your not getting fuel. To check for spark, pull one plug wire off at the plug. Stick a small screwdriver in the wires boot so it makes contact with the metal peice that snaps on the plug. Then lay the screw driver on the valve cover a few mm above a valve cover bolt. Make sure your not touching it, and have someone else try to start the car. If you see a spark between the sd, and the bolt, you know your problem is fuel related. If not, you know your problem is ignition related.

yup.

advice i was given when my car wouldnt turn over was check your fuel level, if all else fails, check your cat convetor, the cat turned out to be my problem, also make sure your timing is adjusted correctly.

anf1tch21
12-20-2005, 03:35 PM
i had this same exact problem on my 93 civic dx..but it was a long time ago..i forgot what the cause of it was..haha go figure..later.