PDA

View Full Version : NGK Spark Plugs

phuoc_dat
05-10-2006, 09:59 PM
What kind of NGK spark plugs should i buy for my 93 240sx. NGK has alot of sub brands and i dont know which one to choose from.

2.2L
05-10-2006, 11:46 PM
ngk iridium something are the best i heard.... anything iridium is pretty much good enough

phuoc_dat
05-11-2006, 01:40 PM
O ok let me try it out den.

§treet_§peed
05-11-2006, 09:14 PM
NGk is a very good spark plug for imports as far as OEM with a little kick. well the NGK V-power iridium. if you want performance get NOLOGY wires and plugs.

phuoc_dat
05-11-2006, 09:38 PM
nology is 2 expensive man heheh i stick to ngk spark wires and plugs.

§treet_§peed
05-12-2006, 03:32 PM
yeah there a little exspensive but there so great. that's what i'm gonna get for my new motor when i swap.

BABY J
05-12-2006, 03:38 PM
Vitek Wires

2.2L
05-12-2006, 09:21 PM
Vitek Wires
is that the new way to spell vtec now? lol jk

BABY J
05-12-2006, 09:24 PM
is that the new way to spell vtec now? lol jk

YUP!!! LOL

http://www.vitekperformance.com/

1439/2000
05-12-2006, 09:29 PM
NGk is a very good spark plug for imports as far as OEM with a little kick. well the NGK V-power iridium. if you want performance get NOLOGY wires and plugs.

Most rice thread ever. You didn't feel a gain in power from spark plugs and wires in your junky Honda. It's called wishful thinking. Nobody "feels" any better from plugs alone unless you were running too cold before,having spark blow out or misfiring altogether.

If you are not running a boosted car with a small gap, put any old junk in it and it will run fine. Under boost I was misfiring so I got another set of plugs NGK bpr7es aand gapped them to .028 and it works PERFECT on a upped boost 4g.

Learn how ignition systems work before you think your car gained 20 hp and 2 seconds in the quarter.

YokotaS13
05-13-2006, 07:17 AM
i love you man lol

Halfwit
05-13-2006, 09:28 AM
Most rice thread ever. You didn't feel a gain in power from spark plugs and wires in your junky Honda. It's called wishful thinking. Nobody "feels" any better from plugs alone unless you were running too cold before,having spark blow out or misfiring altogether.

If you are not running a boosted car with a small gap, put any old junk in it and it will run fine. Under boost I was misfiring so I got another set of plugs NGK bpr7es aand gapped them to .028 and it works PERFECT on a upped boost 4g.

Learn how ignition systems work before you think your car gained 20 hp and 2 seconds in the quarter.
BUT the nology ones come in 3 different colors!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1439/2000
05-13-2006, 12:20 PM
i love you man lol

+1 because you love me and Halfwit gets +1 because he knows about how fast the blue ones make your car.

Halfwit
05-13-2006, 06:43 PM
+1 because you love me and Halfwit gets +1 because he knows about how fast the blue ones make your car.

well i was kinda dissapointed with only 21 hp gain, i was lookin for 23, but i think i got a bad batch. :eye:

1439/2000
05-13-2006, 06:45 PM
[/B]

well i was kinda dissapointed with only 21 hp gain, i was lookin for 23, but i think i got a bad batch. :eye:

Double up on them. I run 10 wires on my B series plus the Ebay ground system. 340 to the wheels off the bottle.

Halfwit
05-13-2006, 07:09 PM
Double up on them. I run 10 wires on my B series plus the Ebay ground system. 340 to the wheels off the bottle.
i was thinking about that, but i didnt want to overload my header manifold with all that spark, but i was thning of getting half blue, and half yellow = 32 TO THE WHEELS.

se-riousr
05-13-2006, 07:33 PM
for all u Nissan on boost the ngk #3330 or the other way around that is the cold plug. but i can only find them at the advance auto on memorial Dr. they are already gap at 28. might work for the other to so u don't have to keep on buying plug and gaping them

YokotaS13
05-14-2006, 04:57 AM
stop talking now please

§treet_§peed
05-15-2006, 04:46 PM
i said nothing about gaining a shit load of horse power by getting those plugs and wires. apprently you have no knowledge of what an analogy is, now do you? what i was refering to was if you want something better than just regular old 50 cent plugs, but not something expsensive for a performance built motor, then just get NGK. People sometimes always have to make a big deal out of nothing...chidishly pathetic. also, i know a little about plugs and wires, not alot but some. as in, yeah oyur not gonna be a shit load faster or anything of that sort if you so't have your motor set up for it fust by getting nice and exspensive wires and plugs. also, you sometimes need cold spark plugs with spray, if i am correct. i think that's right.

Halfwit
05-15-2006, 05:29 PM
lol calm down "sparky" lol it will be ok dont go kill urself FAGGOT BITCH.

1439/2000
05-15-2006, 08:58 PM
i said nothing about gaining a shit load of horse power by getting those plugs and wires. apprently you have no knowledge of what an analogy is, now do you? what i was refering to was if you want something better than just regular old 50 cent plugs, but not something expsensive for a performance built motor, then just get NGK. People sometimes always have to make a big deal out of nothing...chidishly pathetic. also, i know a little about plugs and wires, not alot but some. as in, yeah oyur not gonna be a shit load faster or anything of that sort if you so't have your motor set up for it fust by getting nice and exspensive wires and plugs. also, you sometimes need cold spark plugs with spray, if i am correct. i think that's right.

What was the post of that post? You need colder plugs for nitrous, I think?

Do you have Legionaires disease? lol That would be a coincidence.

BABY J
05-16-2006, 10:31 AM
You do not NEED colder plugs w/ spray. Everything you get w/ a NOS kit is for "safety" so they do not get sued out the yin for fuckin up peoples cars. It is a SUGGESTION. Like they suggest 3 - 4 deg retard... I am -2, standard NGK plugs, BIGGER jetting than the kit requires and yet I am not hurting the motor or the kit. Fuel psi safety switch has still never stopped my fun yet. But yes, it is highly suggested to get 1 heat range colder when adding the spray.

§treet_§peed
05-16-2006, 05:33 PM
that's pretty much what i meant, that it is a good idea to get them. i mean as in that is what i have always heard when i have asked about nitrous kits.

Maki
05-17-2006, 09:21 AM
honestly iridiums are ok but the best for the money are still the ngk-r v power. basiaclly oem. all i use, all anyone really needs. like two bucks a piece and just as good as iridiums. Bkr7e