PDA

View Full Version : Thinking about RE-Doing my system

v3rd1g0
05-10-2006, 03:52 PM
Alright here's what i'm thinking about doing. I am thinking about making a single subwoofer application in my car. I have been looking at some different brands. I'll be hooking the sub up to a Hifonics 1200watt amplifier. It'll be wired to only push 900 @ 2 ohms. I have been looking at company's such as: elemental designs, quantum audio, db drive, RE, and a couple more. I want the system to be fairly loud off of 900 watts. What company do you think has the best end of SPL? I also plan on building a custom box for it.

sina518
05-10-2006, 05:06 PM
Alright here's what i'm thinking about doing. I am thinking about making a single subwoofer application in my car. I have been looking at some different brands. I'll be hooking the sub up to a Hifonics 1200watt amplifier. It'll be wired to only push 900 @ 2 ohms. I have been looking at company's such as: elemental designs, quantum audio, db drive, RE, and a couple more. I want the system to be fairly loud off of 900 watts. What company do you think has the best end of SPL? I also plan on building a custom box for it.

do you really want to listen to a spl type sub will your driving all the time or you want something that is loud as hell and sounds good at the same time. when your listening to music in the car rock rap country w/e you want to hear the words and also have the sub hit 90 percent of the beats like it was ment to. look at something like mtx. fairly loud woofers and have awsome sound quality also another brand i perfer alot is polk. but let me know.

v3rd1g0
05-10-2006, 05:24 PM
i guess loud and having nice sq would be good. i was just thinking about testing the many differnt i guess you could say "categories" out there: sq, sql, spl or w/e. Doing research in each so i can get my knowledge up. I'm hoping to get certified one day and work in a car audio shop.

BTW why do you choose polk? i have polk speakers and love their quality, but not design XD damn depth. but yeah why?

BanginJimmy
05-10-2006, 05:35 PM
more towards the SPL side
RE SX, Digital Designs 3500, MTX 9500, Kicker L7

more towards the SQ side
ID MAX, JL W7

I will never recomend eD because of their businees practices. DB Drive is low end gear

NinjaHobo
05-10-2006, 05:37 PM
Good luck on that certification.

R3RUN
05-10-2006, 05:57 PM
Would you be willing to change amps? The W6v2 has great output and sound quality but doesn't take nearly as much power, 400-500 watts rms. One of those would beat the hell out of the acclaim.

sina518
05-10-2006, 06:58 PM
i guess loud and having nice sq would be good. i was just thinking about testing the many differnt i guess you could say "categories" out there: sq, sql, spl or w/e. Doing research in each so i can get my knowledge up. I'm hoping to get certified one day and work in a car audio shop.

BTW why do you choose polk? i have polk speakers and love their quality, but not design XD damn depth. but yeah why?

you just have to listen to this car to understand, i never had any thoughts about polk till i herd this

come out to formula drift it will be there.

hybrid90accord
05-12-2006, 09:21 AM
Would you be willing to change amps? The W6v2 has great output and sound quality but doesn't take nearly as much power, 400-500 watts rms. One of those would beat the hell out of the acclaim.
the w6v2 are crazy they sound great and hit low, deep, and so clean. I actually like the Sq of the w6v2 over the w7

phd1ck
05-14-2006, 02:33 AM
i actually have 1 10" polk audio sub (http://www.polkaudio.com/caraudio/products/mm2104dvc/) hooked up to the c300.2 (http://www.polkaudio.com/caraudio/products/c300_2/). thought id be pretty satisfied with the output especially for the good price i got them for, but eh... thinking about switchin over to a JL w6v2. :D

sina518
05-14-2006, 10:50 AM
im telling you stick to polk just keep anding to it. you will love the way its gonna sound. i work at traffic jams and we can get polk so if you want stop on by

Nopaintsls
05-14-2006, 10:56 AM
man.. I say you go like 14 pioneer 6x9's all around your car... heheh

but polk is the way 2 go!

v3rd1g0
05-14-2006, 01:02 PM
man.. I say you go like 14 pioneer 6x9's all around your car... heheh

but polk is the way 2 go!

haha wow....interesting

SRCRX
09-22-2006, 02:06 PM
You can do alot w/900 watts :D

My complany has a single amp (Rockford Fosgate T3002) on 4 t215d4's(15"subs)
that puts out around 900 watts into a 2ohm mono load,in our scion and it will drive you out of the car, as far as a single sub make sure the sub has a high
SPL (sensitivity) plus I would NOT go buy the name or complany that makes the sub, I would look at the parameters such as spl,xmax,fs and so on
that is where you can tell if the sub is going to tell the man from the boys!!

If you need any help pm me!!

BanginJimmy
09-22-2006, 02:30 PM
and your are digging up older and older threads for what reason?