PDA

View Full Version : 91 Volvo 940 Runs Great Cold A/C $1000 24hr sale

SloS13
05-10-2006, 08:59 AM
SOLD

I'm in Auburn, AL
Moving this weekend and it didnt sell on ebay

$1000 obo. It's a great car, just a bit ugly

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1,1&item=4636913711&sspagename=STRK%3AMEUS%3AIT

email: [email protected]
AIM: jessmaloney

aaronfelipe
05-10-2006, 09:00 AM
Can't post links to other websites. All info needs to be here. Goodluck :goodjob:
-Aaron-

SloS13
05-10-2006, 09:26 AM
ah, thanks for the info

1991 Volvo GLE
155k miles
$1000 obo
yv1ja8946m1041135 (http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewJumpPageForVehicleHistory&vin=yv1ja8946m1041135) <--VIN

Vehicle Description
I have owned this Volvo for about 5 months. It has been an excellent car but I am moving and have too many cars and need to downsize my fleet. I drive this car all over the place, including trips from Alabama to South Carolina and back. It is very reliable! I drive an average of 85-90mph on the highway and get 24mpg.

I have replaced the following (in the past 4-5 months or 5000 miles):

Radiator
Alternator Belt
Timing Belt, Oil pump drive gear and drive gear bolt
All rollers for timing belt
water pump
coil
spark plugs
spark plug wires
distributor cap & button
Air filter
fuel filter
Changed from the troublesome volvo 2-fuel pump system to a 1 pump system utilizing a high quality Walbro fuel pump
Transmission mount
Changed differential fluid
drained and refilled transmission fluid
Installed CD/MP3 player
New oxygen sensor
Fixed all exhaust rattles
New front brake pads
Body Damage:
The car is obviously missing the front-passenger side headlight and blinker. I've been driving around with the left headlight and both fog lights on. I can see fine Both fenders have a little damage. I am including two salvage fenders I picked up from the junkyard. They are not the same color as the car. I have not gotten a quote from any repair shops, but it looks like a simple job.

Transmission:
The transmission is the weak point of this car. I honestly believe having the transmission professionally flushed and filled would make it much better. If it is cold, it likes to stay in first gear for the first 30 seconds to a minute. It sometimes starts out in 2nd gear from a stop. Some people might not even notice this because the car still accelerates just fine. Sometimes the shift between first and second is a little rough, but not too bad.

Engine:
Runs like a dream. As good as new.16 valve DOHC motor. From my understanding it's somewhat rare and pretty sought after.

Brakes:
They work excellent and the car is equipped with ABS.

Other:
I was going to turbo charge this car but have decided it's not worth the hassle. There is a boost gauge installed in place of the clock. This will be uninstalled and I will *try* to get to the junkyard to get a clock to replace the one I modified to fit the gauge. The airbag was deployed, assuming in the accident which took out the headlight. It is taped up. Seats overall are in good shape but there are some tears along the seams in the backseat which look to have been repaired by someone who didn't know what they were doing. There is a small crack in the valve cover (pictured). A little oil seeps out of there and during a long trip, can find it's way to the back of the motor and fall on the exhaust. When you stop the car on one of these long trips you can smell the oil burning. Although there is this leak, the car burns absolutely no oil. Oh yeah, almost forgot. The dome light was installed so that it's kinda hanging crooked. I will take pics of this and post them up on the auction. I may be able to just fix this before end of auction

Tires:
Good tires in good shape. In the picture, you will see an aluminum wheel next to the car. A set of these wheels will either be on the car when you buy it, or you can take them home with you.

http://i6.ebayimg.com/03/i/07/05/e1/b2_3.JPG

tons of other pics on the ebay auction

aaronfelipe
05-10-2006, 09:33 AM
Much better. Thanks for doing it right man :) .
-Aaron-

SloS13
05-10-2006, 09:44 AM
no problemo :)

SloS13
05-10-2006, 11:48 AM
Will accept possible trades for turbo parts, maybe..or anything cool of value

stackz
05-10-2006, 07:16 PM
ah, thanks for the info

Engine:
Runs like a dream. As good as new.16 valve DOHC motor. From my understanding it's somewhat rare and pretty sought after.

B234F 16v engine. I have 3 of the heads that I've collected and set aside for ford 2.3t projects. The volvo people use these heads on the B230F engines and boost them for big power #'s since the bottom end of the B234F doesnt respond well to boost unless you change the rods out.

Us ford 2.3 guys use the head to convert our 8v turbo engines over to 16v...hell, here's a pic of mine on the stand that's almost finished for my 86 svo.

http://x4.putfile.com/1/2320080289.jpg

this is just fyi to everyone that these heads with bent valves are worth $300 by themselves...not too bad he only wants $1k for a running car...that and the 90-91 940's have the revised combustion chambers.

redlinenprelude
05-10-2006, 08:02 PM
you got the ugly part right..

yerrow
05-10-2006, 08:51 PM
put it on swedespeed and volvospeed.com

SloS13
05-10-2006, 09:14 PM
Thanks for the advices. I'll try those boards

stackz - I've got a buddy with an 8v block, 16v head putting down 229whp :)

stackz
05-11-2006, 06:30 AM
Thanks for the advices. I'll try those boards

stackz - I've got a buddy with an 8v block, 16v head putting down 229whp :)

try turbobricks.com as well...another volvo board that drools over the 16v cars.