PDA

View Full Version : International Films

RandomGuy
05-02-2005, 10:08 PM
I want to make a bigger collection... Post your favorites!

My favorites as of now.
Riki-oh: The story of Ricky (somewhere in Asia)
Ichi the killer (japanese)
Oldboy (Korean)
Ong-Bak(Thailand)
Lagaan(India)
The Blind Swordsman (Japan)

Bunch of others, but post you favs.

SniperJoe
05-02-2005, 10:53 PM
Fulltime Killer - It's a story about two dueling hitmen.

RandomGuy
05-03-2005, 12:52 AM
Fulltime Killer - It's a story about two dueling hitmen.
wheres it from... wuts it about... whats the rating?

David88vert
05-03-2005, 04:59 PM
The Blade (China)

SniperJoe
05-03-2005, 09:01 PM
wheres it from... wuts it about... whats the rating?

Fulltime Killer is from Hong Kong and is rated R. It is about two opposing hitmen, one is the established expert of the Asian region, while the other is a new man on the scene. There is a power struggle between the two and only one emerges victorious.

David88vert
05-03-2005, 09:16 PM
Fulltime Killer is from Hong Kong and is rated R. It is about two opposing hitmen, one is the established expert of the Asian region, while the other is a new man on the scene. There is a power struggle between the two and only one emerges victorious.

I have Fulltime Killer and a bunch of other HK films (wife is from HK). If you want to copy them, bring over an external HD and I'll hook you up.

thinkfast®
05-03-2005, 10:38 PM
Maria Full of Grace (Colombia)
Amores Perros (Mexico)
Y tu Mama Tambien (Mexico)
Blood In Blood out (Los Angeles) LOL

bomb ass spanish flicks... there is a few more but I'm not around the collection right now :D

Negrodamus
05-03-2005, 10:55 PM
The Killer (HK Flick) by far the best John Woo movie
A Clockwork Orange (Brittish)
City of God (Brasil)
The Streetfighter (Japan)
Freeway Speedway (Japan) series of like six movies comperable to F&F but wayyy better
Legend of Speed (HK)

RandomGuy
05-03-2005, 10:59 PM
I have Fulltime Killer and a bunch of other HK films (wife is from HK). If you want to copy them, bring over an external HD and I'll hook you up.
ill take you up on that ;) can i bring some DVD-R's? how big are the files will they fit on a 1gb Flash Drive?

RandomGuy
05-03-2005, 11:00 PM
City of God (Brasil)

excellent movie :goodjob:

Dragonfly5338
05-03-2005, 11:02 PM
City of Lost Children (France - FUCKED UP MOVIE)
Indochine (France)
Venus Beauty Institute (France)
Amelie (France)
Red/Blue/White (France)
I like French films, can you tell? Most are chick flicks, hehe.

RandomGuy
05-03-2005, 11:06 PM
City of Lost Children (France - FUCKED UP MOVIE)

in a good way?... and to what degree is it a chick flick lol...

and the movie "ichi the killer" i posted above is truly FUCKED UP ... lol yall should see it... its the most gory, violent movie ever... but the plot owns and its well directed.

Dragonfly5338
05-03-2005, 11:07 PM
That one's not. It's some strange fucked up movie. Very surreal. You gotta see it to know what I'm talking about, no way to explain it, LOL. Last I checked they had it at Blockbuster - but this was years ago, mind you.

SniperJoe
05-04-2005, 12:14 AM
The Killer (HK Flick) by far the best John Woo movie
A Clockwork Orange (Brittish)

The Killer was ok, but if you liked it, you should check out Fulltime Killer as well.

And A Clockwork Orange isn't really an international movie, as it was released here in the US (Good movie, though).

RandomGuy
05-04-2005, 12:47 AM
And A Clockwork Orange isn't really an international movie, as it was released here in the US (Good movie, though).

so was Ong-Bak... but the Thai version is longer, the US version was somewhat watered down.
I didnt believe it when i saw the commercial on TV iwas like wtf?!

Negrodamus
05-04-2005, 12:52 AM
BTW...Ichi the Killer is the Shizznit i own it on vcd because the dvd/us version sucks.

JoeCoolinATL
05-04-2005, 09:10 AM
Run Lola Run.
and dont be a pansy and watch the dubbed version. the english voices sound like mickey and minnie mouse.
watch the german version and read the subtitles if you dont know german:)

FrnkPwrs
05-04-2005, 10:34 AM
Maria Full of Grace (Colombia)
Amores Perros (Mexico)
Y tu Mama Tambien (Mexico)
Blood In Blood out (Los Angeles) LOL

bomb ass spanish flicks... there is a few more but I'm not around the collection right now :D

LOL, aw shit, I was going to say Maria Full of Grace and y Tu Mama Tambien, LOL. You see Maria when she had to shit out the pellet wash it off and eat it? Really hood movie, and really columbian too! LOL, que lo que parce!

FrnkPwrs
05-04-2005, 10:38 AM
A clockwork orange was tight, didnt know many people seen it here though, not many people talk about it. I remember when I saw vanilla sky. It was a ripoff of another movie in spanish I saw on sundance a long time ago, i cant remember the name of it. There are so many international films ive seen, but i forget to make the mental not that they are international so i cant really name many

RandomGuy
05-04-2005, 05:22 PM
any1 know a good crazy ass foreign movie... something with action... something bad ass gore/violence is a plus lol...
A newer title.

thinkfast®
05-04-2005, 08:37 PM
I hear Ichi the Killer is a bomb movie, but I cant seem to rent it anywhere! Anyone know where to find/rent it??

RandomGuy
05-04-2005, 09:11 PM
I hear Ichi the Killer is a bomb movie, but I cant seem to rent it anywhere! Anyone know where to find/rent it??
cough limewire cough... i doubt youd find it anywhere physically

NzProjeKt
05-04-2005, 09:21 PM
My favorites as of now: Lagaan(India)

That has got to be one of the DUMBEST movies EVER MADE! :gay:

RandomGuy
05-04-2005, 10:12 PM
That has got to be one of the DUMBEST movies EVER MADE! :gay:
my ass i know you watched it like 100x.. haha its like one of the only 1s i watched... that and that one scary one... :eye:

CALIWEST
05-05-2005, 12:55 PM
friends "chingoo" (korean)
kung fu hustle (chinese)
silmido (korean)
a lot more korean/chinese/japanese...dun rememba the american names for them tho

David88vert
05-05-2005, 08:24 PM
I watch Fulltime Killer again last night .....

L'ville
05-05-2005, 08:34 PM
Simple No Mans Land....