PDA

View Full Version : 92 Accord engine swap

IndianStig
05-02-2005, 08:42 PM
How much do you think an engine swap in my car from the F22 to a H23 would cost me if i got a shop to do 90% of the work?
I would also need a manual transmission and a converter for my auto pedals to the manual pedal setup.

Would this be worth it or should I save the $$ and just get a lude?

honda5301
05-10-2005, 01:42 AM
Well the motor will be around 1000, with tranny maybe 1400. A 5spd swap about 1200, motor swap 800. So anywheres between 3000, and 4000 bucks. This is what i was quoted by a shop down here in mississippi.

Jeff
05-21-2005, 03:25 AM
hey man if u need a h23 tranny and other stuff i can definetly hook u up.. because i just threw a rod and blew my engine but everything else is in perfect condition.. if u need ne thing just let me know i just got my clutch re-done like 3 weeks ago at the most and like 2 weeks ago got a new cable for the gears that connects from trans. to the stick inside the car so the parts are good... just hit me up if u wanna check it out sometime..

IndianStig
05-21-2005, 12:06 PM
Thanks for the input guys. However I have decided that I am gonna save the cash and try get a new car. My car is great and all but I think that maybe an Integra will be better for me, or if I really get lucky, the folks will chip in for a WRX. All I really want is a car thats really fun in the backroads, and one that can be used for daily driving. I dont think my Accord chassis,CB7, could pull that off.