PDA

View Full Version : Import Showdown May 28

93H22ACX
05-08-2006, 08:02 AM
Who's gonna be there and what class will you guys be running in?

Jason04srt4
05-08-2006, 08:02 PM
I will probably be there, and running in the fwd(street tire) class.

KevinT707
05-08-2006, 09:15 PM
I'll be there but I don't know what class I'll be running yet. If nitrous is tuned & running right then FWD (street), if not then just All-Motor.

93H22ACX
05-09-2006, 07:12 AM
you guys seen the new classes?

KevinT707
05-09-2006, 10:44 AM
you guys seen the new classes?
Nope, make it convenient for us, copy & paste em over here. :D

93H22ACX
05-09-2006, 11:00 AM
LOL... here u go

Showdown

Multiple Power Adders

Tire Limits: Slicks allowed

Factory Dash (must be mostly complete a few missing pieces is ok)

Exhaust must angle horizontally away from motor, it can exit beneath the vehicle

Fuel Cells Allowed

Transmission swaps ok, must be 3 speeds or more

Modified/Street presented by Top Speed

Single Power Adder

Tire Limits: FWD Slicks, RWD and AWD Radials (drag radials ok)

Front half of interior, including both front seats and carpeting. (a few missing pieces is ok)

Exhaust must angle horizontally away from motor, it can exit beneath the vehicle

Fuel Cells 8 gal or more allowed

No out of mfg transmission swaps or purpose drag use transmission (i.e. swapping to an automatic that would ruin the sportsman and streetability attributes)

FWD presented by Knowledge Performance

Single Power Adder

Tire Limits: Radials (drag radials ok)

Front half of interior, including both front seats and carpeting. (a few missing pieces is ok)

Rear exiting exhaust

Fuel Cells are not allowed

No out of mfg transmission swaps or purpose use transmission (i.e. swapping to an automatic that would ruin the sportsman and street ability attributes)

AWD/RWD presented by 4G Performance

Single Power Adder

Rear exiting exhaust

No out of mfg transmission swaps or purpose use transmission (i.e. swapping to an automatic that would ruin the sportsman and street ability attributes)

All Motor

No Power Adders

Rear exiting exhaust

Rules That Apply to All Classes

4 or 6 Cyl Vehicles Only

Any name plate (import or domestic)

Vehicles must be street legal in all other aspects not specifically defined as allowed by rule such as, but not limited to: headlights (removal of one for air indication is allowed), cooling system, brake lights. This includes hoods, bumper covers (bumper removal ok).

All classes except Showdown vehicle must carry a valid registration tag

No wheelie bars or modification that extend from the vehicle that also touch the ground

Vehicles can be towed to the track in all classes, assuming other street ability requirements of that class are met

Only one vehicle is allowed in one class. A driver my enter multiple vehicles and run multiple classes. However, there are no considerations made for delaying competitions to accommodate this.

No tubing allowed in any class

Engine swaps, even to a different mfg of the chassis is allowed.

We reserve the right to modify competition rules at any point or make any judgement calls necessary to ensure a fair, balance, and most importantly - fun day for everyone.

Definitions

Power Adders are Turbo, Supercharger, or Nitrous (injected). The number of allowed power adders includes any factory power adders. Meth/Alcohol Injection and Intercooler sprayers are NOT considered power adders. Any Nitrous system that injects into the intake (not sprays externally) is considered a power adder. If you wish to enter a class where you would be otherwise not be allowed for using nitrous (too many power adders for example), you MUST remove the bottle completely from the vehicle.

DOT Approved Tires are defined as any tire that carries a manufacturers DOT approved tag, regardless of compound (radial or bias ply). Example: ET Streets

Radial Tires are defined as any radial compound tire. This can include aggressive tread patterns that are often referred to as 'drag radials'. These are allowed in all classes.

Rear Exit Exhausts are defined as piping that runs the full length of the vehicle and exits behind the rear wheels. There are no checks for mufflers or cats.

Interior Requirements are defined as the basic required interior pieces. Showdown only requires a factory dash, all other classes require front half of interior with both seats and carpet. Individual missing pieces are allowed, as long as there is no obvious stripping of these locations. Replacement or removal of factory pieces to accommodate gauges and electronics are also allowed.

HalfBaked
05-09-2006, 11:09 AM
If my car is back and running I'll run fwd class...

If not then I'll sit in the stands and watch.

93H22ACX
05-09-2006, 11:44 AM
ill be home with the in-laws :rant:

i'll be calling to see how people are doing :D

ct9a gsr
05-09-2006, 12:21 PM
So they're making the AWD and RWD guys run together this season? Hmmm...

Seems like Street Modified is just the AWD/RWD class with the addition of FWD cars w/ slicks.

93H22ACX
05-09-2006, 05:54 PM
yeah...it should be just the street modified class and leave out the AWD/RWD class. but i guess they want everyone to have a chance....

Modified is probably for more of the higher hp cars where as the AWD/RWD is more of a stock car with minor bolt ons and less boost class.

Jason04srt4
05-09-2006, 06:05 PM
Rear Exit Exhausts are defined as piping that runs the full length of the vehicle and exits behind the rear wheels. There are no checks for mufflers or cats.

WTF! I have side exit exhaust that exits right before rear tire. This wasn't a problem last year. Why the new rules.

2.3 Evo 8
05-09-2006, 06:31 PM
yeah...it should be just the street modified class and leave out the AWD/RWD class. but i guess they want everyone to have a chance....

Modified is probably for more of the higher hp cars where as the AWD/RWD is more of a stock car with minor bolt ons and less boost class.

stock car with bolt ons? :confused:

I have news for you! Last year there was a 240 running 11's in the RWD class and this year should bring out some high horsepower supra's probably running 10's.

There were also many AWD's running mid 11's last year and this year there should be some running 10's.

Stock with bolt ons? I don't think so.

93H22ACX
05-09-2006, 07:18 PM
stock car with bolt ons? :confused:

I have news for you! Last year there was a 240 running 11's in the RWD class and this year should bring out some high horsepower supra's probably running 10's.

There were also many AWD's running mid 11's last year and this year there should be some running 10's.

Stock with bolt ons? I don't think so.

mmmm thats why i said they should put ones running higher hp up against the FWD with slicks in the modified. When i say stock with bolt ons..im talking about some of the guys that are running 13's or so...it gives them a chance... i can careless about supras and 240's running 11's.... or running close to 10's. im sure there are fast cars but dont get ur feelings hurt because i said that....

we run 9's and mid 10's...but i dont state that.... i dont really care im just saying it might be more competitive to arrange groups / classes to give everyone more of a chance.

im just stating that maybe the reason they had one for AWD/RWD is because it will give the lesser hp cars a class to run.

Think about it for a second... lets say my buddy with a high 12 second STI runs....why would he want to run in a class full of high hp AWD and RWD? Maybe thats why they have a AWD/RWD class...

would it be fun for say a 500whp evo or sti running against 12 second evo or sti? not much fun there IMO... now if a 500whp evo or sti races a 500whp honda or 240...it'll be more of challenge and a better race to watch....

2.3 Evo 8
05-09-2006, 07:47 PM
Umm...where are my feeling hurt?

This is a "showdown", the fastest cars in the area are competing against each other in each class. If you bring a knife to a gun fight, well.... I shouldn't have to explain this one.

The class's are setup that way for a reason. If a bolt on car wants to take on giants, then so be it, but the odds are heavily against them. ....but anything can happen.

In the AWD class last year there was a GSX eclipse running 130mph traps the lost to a low 12 second car trapping 117mph. They broke something halfway down the track, but hey, thats the kind of stuff that happens when beating on your car.

If you want there to be more class's so its more competitive, you can email Paul, he is open to suggestions.

93H22ACX
05-09-2006, 07:55 PM
Umm...where are my feeling hurt?

This is a "showdown", the fastest cars in the area are competing against each other in each class. If you bring a knife to a gun fight, well.... I shouldn't have to explain this one.

The class's are setup that way for a reason. If a bolt on car wants to take on giants, then so be it, but the odds are heavily against them. ....but anything can happen.

In the AWD class last year there was a GSX eclipse running 130mph traps the lost to a low 12 second car trapping 117mph. They broke something halfway down the track, but hey, thats the kind of stuff that happens when beating on your car.

If you want there to be more class's so its more competitive, you can email Paul, he is open to suggestions.

All i am saying is this... there are more classes this year. Why? because im sure paul wants it to be more comeptitive.

CT9GSR mentioned that the only difference between MODIFIED and AWD/RWD is that MODIFIED allows the FWD with slicks. I expressed my opinion on why i thought it was created....

i dont really care if there are more classes, reason being we only run 1 class...thats usually showdown.

I'm glad there are other cars making big #'s and running high traps...makes it more fun to have competition.

SPOOLIN
05-09-2006, 09:22 PM
as much as i want to get into this season, i basically changing everything this month and will probably spill into next month because once my new chassis is done in like a month, i still have to paint it and rebuilding my engine with different stuff. ill get it back out in not to long though, im famous for insanely low downtime.

B18c1Turboed
05-10-2006, 09:33 AM
[QUOTE=2.3 Evo 8]stock car with bolt ons? :confused:

There were also many AWD's running mid 11's last year and this year there should be some running 10's.[QUOTE]

Thats good more competition,Im sure peter is tired of winning evey race down there, he has to build another shelf for all those damm trophies!!!:jerkit:

silviadriftr
05-17-2006, 11:26 AM
[QUOTE=2.3 Evo 8]stock car with bolt ons? :confused:

There were also many AWD's running mid 11's last year and this year there should be some running 10's.[QUOTE]

Thats good more competition,Im sure peter is tired of winning evey race down there, he has to build another shelf for all those damm trophies!!!:jerkit:

Is Peter going to have his car ready for this year?? Last I talked to him it wasn't. I would like to see all of you down there. I don't really like the new classes nor do I like the idea of the RWD/AWD cars being able to run the same tire in the same class, but that is not a debateable subject nor do I intend to start a debate on the subject by that statement. The classes were fine a year ago but things change. Looks like both my cars will be going in the showdown class this year unless I sell the 2j car first(race gas and 25psi here we come). LOL!!!

93H22ACX
05-17-2006, 11:35 AM
[QUOTE=B18c1Turboed][QUOTE=2.3 Evo 8]stock car with bolt ons? :confused:

Is Peter going to have his car ready for this year?? Last I talked to him it wasn't. I would like to see all of you down there. I don't really like the new classes nor do I like the idea of the RWD/AWD cars being able to run the same tire in the same class, but that is not a debateable subject nor do I intend to start a debate on the subject by that statement. The classes were fine a year ago but things change. Looks like both my cars will be going in the showdown class this year unless I sell the 2j car first(race gas and 25psi here we come). LOL!!!

yeah..we dont really care since we run 1 class anyways. Peter is down for the time being. it'll be up soon enough.

silviadriftr
05-17-2006, 12:07 PM
[QUOTE=silviadriftr][QUOTE=B18c1Turboed]

yeah..we dont really care since we run 1 class anyways. Peter is down for the time being. it'll be up soon enough.

Oh yeah, no doubt. He said it wouldn't be long after that but I didn't think all of you guys ran showdown class last year.

93H22ACX
05-17-2006, 12:33 PM
[QUOTE=93H22ACX][QUOTE=silviadriftr]

Oh yeah, no doubt. He said it wouldn't be long after that but I didn't think all of you guys ran showdown class last year.

we speaking of Me and Peter LOL... I think Fonzo did last year and danny...well his car was down.

this ISD, most of our cars are down...

EDIT... Danny said they did run Showdown (i didnt remember because i was out of town LOL)

B18c1Turboed
05-17-2006, 12:39 PM
[QUOTE=93H22ACX][QUOTE=silviadriftr]

Yea myself and peter and alfonso all ran showdown last year. Peters car broke, i red lighted and alfonzo launched towards the wall so the SRT-4 won!!

I know alfonso and trinh and David will be running there cars at Showdown also this year. I know peter aint done quite yet but will be ready for Rockingham in july.

silviadriftr
05-17-2006, 01:13 PM
[QUOTE=silviadriftr][QUOTE=93H22ACX]

Yea myself and peter and alfonso all ran showdown last year. Peters car broke, i red lighted and alfonzo launched towards the wall so the SRT-4 won!!

Yeah, we didn't attend the fall race last year. I was thinking of the spring race when I was there and lost in the final round because an intercooler coupler blew off at half track. That sucked!!! LOL

SilverJester
05-18-2006, 01:08 AM
I guess I'll be running AWD/RWD class....I can't wait.

iloveboost
05-18-2006, 09:10 AM
I may run the modified street class.

Stormhammer
05-18-2006, 01:52 PM
I'll be there, but since my wrecked car holds my spiffy engine, I'll just be watching prolly in my recipient car ( sig car is donating all of its aftermarket :D )

1439/2000
05-18-2006, 01:58 PM
Hopefully I can get down there but I wont have another tune with the new setup so I probably can't run. We'll see.

SilverJester
05-18-2006, 08:23 PM
Hopefully I can get down there but I wont have another tune with the new setup so I probably can't run. We'll see.
I've never seen you run your car...I wanna see it in action, get your tune.

Dragonfly5338
05-19-2006, 01:53 AM
Not going. My clutch is about to take a dump and I don't wanna replace it just yet. :(

The Green Monster
05-19-2006, 11:30 AM
i might come to watch...should be fun...not really comfortable racing the KA-T yet...still got some other shit to do before i actually run it :-D

tony4380
05-19-2006, 02:05 PM
i might come to watch...should be fun...not really comfortable racing the KA-T yet...still got some other shit to do before i actually run it :-D

id love to run... but the guy who installed my LSD didnt do something right and i dont have 4th or 6th gear

SpooL'DGsR
05-23-2006, 08:45 PM
reppin for the all-motor v6 class

Stormhammer
05-24-2006, 10:57 PM

sweet you and me can chill then bra - hey are you goin down Saturday? if so PM me

Nemesis
05-25-2006, 10:58 AM
Ill be there Sunday

B16a2 Civic
05-25-2006, 11:13 AM
as will i

MS6
05-28-2006, 07:24 PM
Well the event was fun and hot as hell. Suck part was that it was hot as hell, got a Speeding ticket.....Window Tint ticket....... and a Warning for not having my current address on my drivers license from State Trooper (ASSHOLE-TH Stewart, Badge number 157) in Forsyth, GA. on my way back home.
I felt like your sig B16a2 Civic after he piled the wagon with fines on me.
http://gifdepot.com/albums/Owned/CopBeat.gif

BLk92DA
05-28-2006, 11:04 PM
wow...i never knew mazda6 was factory boosted..awesome dude!

MS6
05-29-2006, 03:08 AM
Thanks. :)